What makes a reviewer/hobbiest reputable?

Not being Rafe!!!!! Originally Posted by boardman
Boardman, I got the right girl for you: Fiona. I really mean this, buddy

(A reputable john: lmao!)
Also, a reputable member most likely would/should never start any drama with a provider or be an active part in escalating it.
  • Dad
  • 09-29-2010, 09:07 AM
In an earlier thread someone mentioned being a reputable member. So what is the litmus for becoming a reputable reviewer/member hobbiest? ex: reviews, posts, associations, etc. Also what would disqualify someone from being one? ex:taking discounts to write reviews, being a douchebag, etc. Thx Originally Posted by KoolHandLuke
Qualification --> Share reputable information in a timely manner.

Disqualification? Being a WK too often!
Also, a reputable member most likely would/should never start any drama with a provider or be an active part in escalating it. Originally Posted by oilfieldscum
Well, that's an interesting conundrum. My observation is that the quickest way to start a little drama with a provider is to write a negative review or make a negative comment about a provider, no matter how honest and objective. There are members here who are well-known by their handles in the provider community, and there are those who are not. I sometimes wonder if a guy who is known by his handle is inclined to be completely honest in his public comments. I have had more than one "reputable" member tell me in confidence that this or that girl wasn't really as good as his recent review would lead one to believe. As a corollary, I'm sure that some use their prominence on boards such as this to attempt to extract more favorable treatment from some girls. Certainly, there is much anecdotal evidence of this.

So, what to do? Wear your handle like a name-tag and be brutally frank in your reviews? Not much of that going on, I'll wager, particularly among those guys that are truly active in the hobby. Lurk and learn, but not contribute? Many are guilty of that, myself included. Maintain multiple handles for multiple purposes, including writing "honest" reviews and stirring the shit when moved to do so? Probably more of that than we know.

At any rate, this is really an "honor among thieves" debate, is it not? And it raises this question: what characterizes a reputable douche bag?
It's pretty simple.

1. Know when to keep your mouth shut.
2. Be truthful in your reviews and recommendations.
3. Be willing to share information with those you trust.
4. Don't be a jerk.
5. When in doubt, see #1
Reviews: One who writes honest reviews...by that I mean someone who tells the good & the bad of a session, if there was any bad. Also, one who has the "balls" to give an accurate description of a lady. Sometimes pictures are, well, "old"

Posts: I think the way a person post should matter versus how many post they have, although some post-hoes do give good input from time to time

Associations: I tend to value this one the most. Meeting guys at socials, private gatherings, and even hanging out at non-hobby related events helps to build "trust" with one another.

Example, I'll take the word from an associate who didn't write a review of a provider over someone who I've never heard of or don't know who actually wrote a review of that same provider....just sayin' Originally Posted by DickEmDown
great answer.

what characterizes a reputable douche bag? Originally Posted by lizardking
for one, a weak loser who becomes a provider/agencies hand puppet and writes reviews for discounted or free sessions.
Welcome back, NAN!
for one, a weak loser who becomes a provider/agencies hand puppet and writes reviews for discounted or free sessions. Originally Posted by notanewbie

NAN is definitely back LOL...
Good to see you back and in form buddy
  • romab
  • 09-29-2010, 01:59 PM
Very hard to walk the line of being honest in a review but keeping in mind you are evaluating a person. No one likes their faults pointed out. I try and paint an accurate picture both pro & con so others may judge if this works for them. Course a no reccomendation will get you a pm from the provider at min. Also puts you on her associates shit list and any WK's. Wonder why we have so few no's vs yes's! Good info even with a no is better than bad info with a yes. My opinion, been around long time so you can take or leave.

R
NAN is definitely back LOL... Originally Posted by DickEmDown
And if a mod thinks his smear is funny will he be a good mod?

it ain't all about you son, relax.

But NAN is still the handpuppet for the failing site, Horndogs...
It's pretty simple.

1. Know when to keep your mouth shut.
2. Be truthful in your reviews and recommendations.
3. Be willing to share information with those you trust.
4. Don't be a jerk.
5. When in doubt, see #1 Originally Posted by blowpop
I only have a problem with #'s 1 & 5.

Welcome back Nan.

BTW, fucktards abound.....
for one, a weak loser who becomes a provider/agencies hand puppet and writes reviews for discounted or free sessions. Originally Posted by notanewbie
No where did he mention your name Raphael...are you guilty?

And if a mod thinks his smear is funny will he be a good mod? Originally Posted by Raphael
Just because I choose to moderate now I guess I'm supposed to loose my sense of humor, LOL