How to Not Get Caught by Your SO...

Easier still, just out yourself. They'll either leave or let you know how special you really are to them. Sure simplified my life. Our deal is don't ask, don't tell FYI Originally Posted by mtabsw
Did that once. Cost me $4 million. Now I am near broke. But no SO. And having fun!
How about do not cheat on the SO?
How about do not cheat on the SO? Originally Posted by pyramider
There would be a lot of broke-ass hookers here if most guys thought that way.
SO? What SO? Makes hobbying a whole lot easier. Originally Posted by RideFreeInTexas
+1

Hobbying is so much more fun when you are free to do what you want, when you want.
Password !
I almost never text, email or PM my address. I used to until I had a client whose SO put a key logger on his computer at work, lord only knows how she did that. She showed up at the same he did for our appointment. It was all pretty dramatic! They had a big confrontation on the porch. I just closed the blinds, turned off the lights and poured myself a double. Vowing never again to put anything in writing.
Now, I always recommend that clients work out most details via a phone call. That way they can always pretend they were just cruising the board looking at naked ladies Not making appointments.
Just an old fashioned phone call seems to be the best bet, these days, in staying safe.
She probably just sent him an email.
  • ktiix
  • 09-04-2014, 08:11 PM
I almost never text, email or PM my address. I used to until I had a client whose SO put a key logger on his computer at work, lord only knows how she did that. She showed up at the same he did for our appointment. It was all pretty dramatic! They had a big confrontation on the porch. I just closed the blinds, turned off the lights and poured myself a double. Vowing never again to put anything in writing.
Now, I always recommend that clients work out most details via a phone call. That way they can always pretend they were just cruising the board looking at naked ladies Not making appointments.
Just an old fashioned phone call seems to be the best bet, these days, in staying safe. Originally Posted by Maggie_May
You can buy thumdrive keystroke recorders, some of them even double as actual thumb drives so a less than tech savvy person might not notice one sticking out of a back I/O port.

It sucks that those S/O's are so angry with the woman. Her man was the one wandering about, she needs to turn up her intimacy to keep his animal half in check. All people are beasts on the inside, gotta feed the monster a little bit to keep it happy in the cage.

I just feel it would be easier to say your hobby phone is a work phone than explaining why you have two phones when your SO finds it.

But I agree with honesty. Don't ask, don't tell is a great set up as long as no one makes anything blatantly obvious.

But there was a thread a while back (as there always is) about a provider getting phone calls from a hobbyist's SO. I feel like we should have a "Don't get caught" handbook kinda like what TinMan posted readily available for the comfort and safety of all of our members. Originally Posted by Jillian Price
Yeah if you're going to cheat with a hobby phone, then I think it's just safest to keep it turned off, stashed in your car / at work, only use it when you're setting something up, etc. If you're using it to chit chat or play around, you're just asking to get caught.

Or play as a couple . . . Originally Posted by Halfbad
Exactly
You can buy thumdrive keystroke recorders, some of them even double as actual thumb drives so a less than tech savvy person might not notice one sticking out of a back I/O port. Originally Posted by ktiix
There are also devices that only need to be inserted once, they compromise the computer and install a keylogger, then can be removed. Nothing to be noticed at that point. wifi and wired ethernet can be sniffed, traced, and monitored with a drop-and-forget device or even a modified power strip. Anyone with physical access to your computer has an opportunity to break into it. Even without your password. Computers are far less secure than most people think. Consider that when you use your home computer, or any computer that is ever in your home, to communicate in the hobby.
I scheduled a short notice appointment yesterday with someone I had seen before. There was only 30 mins from the time scheduled until the appointment. A few minutes after the scheduled time I ask where they are. Radio silence. This morning I get a text saying their SO found their phone. Originally Posted by Jillian Price
So in less then 24 hours the heat was off and he was able to contact you? I would think when a guy gets busted he would submerge for a lot longer then that.

Could be you got NCNS because his plan A came through for him last minute and used, IMO, a weak assed excuse to cover himself.
So in less then 24 hours the heat was off and he was able to contact you? I would think when a guy gets busted he would submerge for a lot longer then that.

Could be you got NCNS because his plan A came through for him last minute and used, IMO, a weak assed excuse to cover himself. Originally Posted by Hercules
Lol very possible. He said that she left him. Who knows though. I've heard every excuse in the book.
Yeah if you're going to cheat with a hobby phone, then I think it's just safest to keep it turned off, stashed in your car / at work, only use it when you're setting something up, etc. If you're using it to chit chat or play around, you're just asking to get caught.

Exactly Originally Posted by jbravo_123
I completely agree.
Hobby phone is a must. Doesn't need to be a fancy one. Keep it with passlock and make sure to delete all messages and incoming and outgoing calls. Only turn on the phone for hobby usage and otherwise keep it off and stashed in garage or attic. If your SO does find it be like you found that phone so long ago and don't even remember. Good luck unlocking the phone
Only one sure fire way not to get caught... don't cheat. Everything else is just an exercise is risk reduction.... and like gambling, the house will always win in the long run.
Best formula for not getting caught: an SO who is grateful you're getting it elsewhere, because its one less time she has to do it!