Terrorism Defined

[QUOTE=Old Dingus;1052948082][QUOTE=acp5762;1052947943]

One day you and I should have a drink together and share a huge laugh over your comment. I have been called many things and sadly probably am many of those things, but having a liberal world view is truly a first.

Most that know me would be certain I am conservative. Now the arch conservatives imo do appear very liberal when it comes to the Constitution. Constiututional rights are sacred. Otherwise, the only variance is an admittedly dry sense of humor.

I do particularly like to be right. So go ahead and teach me about the events you reference. I hinestly promisee to pay attention and be open minded. I thought my comments about the Gulf of Tonkin and the Maine showed that.

Old Dingus Originally Posted by Old Dingus
Well if I mistaken you as a Liberal it could be because you just openly admitted that you particularly like to be right. More accurately stated, you have to be right. Which seems more often a liberal trait than conservative, from what I've observed anyway.
In my experience, the liberals are seldom right and almost always left.

Now weren't you going to enlighten me about history....?

Old Dingus
In my experience, the liberals are seldom right and almost always left.

Now weren't you going to enlighten me about history....?

Enlighten you about History, in terms of what?
  • CJ7
  • 05-28-2013, 04:57 PM
On that point, do you think our Leaders back 50 years ago believed the Domino Theory? Do you think our Leaders really believed communism was a red peril that was planning to destroy the world as we knew it?

If "yes" to either of these, do you think that played into the drive to start a war or to get America involved in a way in Indochina that had been going on for years?

I believe many in the defense industry thought we would totally over run and literally blow away the "little devils" and they would never know what hit them. we underestimated them much more than we did the Japanese 20+ years earlier.

Comments?

run over them as was the case with Afghanistan and Iraq, after Russia had been there 10 years? sure we played the military complex and the defense industry at the expense of tax payers and soldiers lives ... in both cases

ok, four words

Fuck Johnson
Fuck Bush
It's a lot harder to win the peace than it is to win the war.
Well, this got off track quickly.
Chill they all do.
COG, when the extent of your OP is once again nothing more than a recycled, reprint of some daily poster from an unknown hack [with no comments from you] then you lose the right to complain about the content of discussion.

By all means keep the pretty pictures coming, but let the adults talk without interruption.

Old Dingus
COG, when the extent of your OP is once again nothing more than a recycled, reprint of some daily poster from an unknown hack [with no comments from you] then you lose the right to complain about the content of discussion.

By all means keep the pretty pictures coming, but let the adults talk without interruption.

If you're going to insult me, Old Dingbat, please try to be original.
On that point, do you think our Leaders back 50 years ago believed the Domino Theory? Yes. Do you think our Leaders really believed communism was a red peril that was planning to destroy the world as we knew it? Yes.

If "yes" to either of these, do you think that played into the drive to start a war or to get America involved in a way in Indochina that had been going on for years? Yes.

I believe many in the defense industry thought we would totally over run and literally blow away the "little devils" and they would never know what hit them. we underestimated them much more than we did the Japanese 20+ years earlier. This is an "apples" to "oranges" comparison. BTW, the U.S. did underestimate the Japanese; hence, Pearl Harbor - js. But the U.S. never engaged North Vietnam with the same level of focused effort that it employed to defeat the Japanese. Right or wrong: it was a lack of political will that led to the U.S. military defeat in Vietnam.

Comments? Did.

If you're going to insult me, Old Dingbat, please try to be original. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
No insult intended. Just facts as I see them and an honest request.

Old Dingus
Originally Posted by Old Dingus [Answered by I. B. Hankering]
On that point, do you think our Leaders back 50 years ago believed the Domino Theory? Yes. Do you think our Leaders really believed communism was a red peril that was planning to destroy the world as we knew it? Yes.

If "yes" to either of these, do you think that played into the drive to start a war or to get America involved in a way in Indochina that had been going on for years? Yes.

I believe many in the defense industry thought we would totally over run and literally blow away the "little devils" and they would never know what hit them. we underestimated them much more than we did the Japanese 20+ years earlier. This is an "apples" to "oranges" comparison. BTW, the U.S. did underestimate the Japanese; hence, Pearl Harbor - js. But the U.S. never engaged North Vietnam with the same level of focused effort that it employed to defeat the Japanese. Right or wrong: it was a lack of political will that led to the U.S. military defeat in Vietnam.

Comments? Did.

Old Dingus

Mr. Hankering, we seem to agree across the board. I did indicate (or tried) that I thought the U.S. underestimated the Japanese and their capabilities.

I am left to wonder whether the effortin Viet Nam was half hearted or whether it was the result of thinking we would roll over them.

I do fear that the "war industry" was greedily taking advantage to make big bucks at the cost of American lives.

Good men made heroic efforts and great sacrifices, but it was an otherwise black chapter in our history. It would be vry interesting to know how much Kennedy (pre-Tonkin), Johnson and Nixon actually knew and "when they knew it."

We were very naive about many things in Viet Nam.

Good discussion. Thank you.

Old Dingus
Originally Posted by Old Dingus [Answered by I. B. Hankering]

Comments? Did.

Old Dingus

Mr. Hankering, we seem to agree across the board. I did indicate (or tried) that I thought the U.S. underestimated the Japanese and their capabilities.

I am left to wonder whether the effortin Viet Nam was half hearted or whether it was the result of thinking we would roll over them.

I do fear that the "war industry" was greedily taking advantage to make big bucks at the cost of American lives.

Good men made heroic efforts and great sacrifices, but it was an otherwise black chapter in our history. It would be vry interesting to know how much Kennedy (pre-Tonkin), Johnson and Nixon actually knew and "when they knew it."

We were very naive about many things in Viet Nam.

Good discussion. Thank you.

There was, perhaps, a condescending belief on the part of many U.S. leaders that the U.S. could achieve its goals in Vietnam with a half-hearted military effort. But that half-hearted military effort was based on decisions made by cowardly politicians. If the politicians weren't willing to, or couldn't, lead the U.S. citizenry in a real war effort that could have achieved victory, then the decision to become involved was wrong from the outset. Gotta say Rumsfeld; hence Bush, did the same thing in Iraq.
Yeah, but what about Mark Sanford, Corpy?
Yeah, but what about Mark Sanford, Corpy? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
You're a dumb-ass golem fuck trying to deflect from Slick Willie the Perjuring Sexual Predator's criminality, you hypocritical, lying, thread-hi-jacking dumb-fuck golem reprobate. Remediate your dumb-fuck golem ass, because you are again exhibiting your innate mental deficiency by not recognizing simple facts, you dumb-ass golem fuck.