Car mechanic please.... need help with a minor car repair any mechanics available

when you say vintage car, can you be specific? Model T's are easier than say a Mustang Fastback.
Yes, to be honest, I'd probably prefer if someone could refer me to a shop where I can get a good deal and pay for it myself... The one shop I went to quoted me $4000.00. I'd really like to get the car painted but can't afford that.
Originally Posted by KittyLamour
Probably an accurate quote for what you told them you were wanting. Painting is a fickle beast when it comes to quality. To be completely honest, you can go to a place like Maaco (or even a mom and pop shop) and get a 'decent' paint job probably for a few hundred for little prep/paint only that will look completely fine from a distance and driving.

I can't refer you to a shop; but if you're ok with a little leg work, I'd bet you'll find what you're wanting from a price and quality standpoint. Go to local car events and chat people up about what you're wanting, and even a rough budget. Better still, find a paint job on a car you like and ask that person for details. You might even find someone who's willing to give you a bump up in materials or labor for your budget should they connect with your enthusiasm for your car.
Hes not in the hobby, but I used a guy last year on my truck. Worked with me on the ins. deductible. And did a good job.
His name was Sammy, I believe.
Tel: 469 - 735 - 0124
Paint is not cheap especially for classics. We do a lot of restorations and none have been less than $10,000. If all you want is paint, it depends on the car and if your changing colors or if there is any damage to the body. What kind of car are you trying to paint?
when you say vintage car, can you be specific? Model T's are easier than say a Mustang Fastback. Originally Posted by one4all00
Paint is not cheap especially for classics. We do a lot of restorations and none have been less than $10,000. If all you want is paint, it depends on the car and if your changing colors or if there is any damage to the body. What kind of car are you trying to paint? Originally Posted by xavierz21
It is a 1980 Mercedes-Benz 450 SLC. It does not have any body damage. The body is good, never been wrecked, one owner car. It did sit for several years though and the sun wasn't nice to it. It's an awesome car and I'd really love to get it back looking the way it should.

Here's some pics of when I first bought it and it was in the shop getting ready to be driven again.

Attachment 505713

Attachment 505714

Attachment 505715
Hes not in the hobby, but I used a guy last year on my truck. Worked with me on the ins. deductible. And did a good job.
His name was Sammy, I believe.
Tel: 469 - 735 - 0124 Originally Posted by Crzytxn
Thank you Crzytxn-

I'm going to give him a call today and see what he says.