Ladies, We'll Contact You, Don't Contact Us.

Sales 101: The number one reason most people don't make a purchase, it that they were never asked to. That being said, I think if a hobbyist doesn't want to be contacted with specials or availability, they should just make that known when they see someone. You can always give everyone you meet going forward a link to this thread. I agree with the concept of having a hobby phone & email though.

~
+1

Tracphone no bill. Originally Posted by inctown
Dude....pre-paid cell phone is the only way to go, get one and keep it at work or wherever she won't find it. It only takes one time to forget or become complacent to fuck your whole world up if you have an SO. Trust me....NEVER underestimate a woman's intuition or the lengths she will go to prove something. Ijs
I usually don't mind but I have this certain someone that won't stop texting me for business. Every fews days it will happen, but I've just stoping replying to her. A lot of guys don't like it because it looks desperate.

Oh yeah, Oralist you should get a hobby phone. If she ever finds out, you might be sleeping on the couch from now on.
I hope your wife finds out...
I hope your wife finds out... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Smh, yet still LMFAO
Email lists are pretty important marketing tools for providers. Just tell 'em if you don't want on, or if they email and you want off. Calls/Texts are a little over the top unless you ask for them......

And WU/Valerie... get a room!
She just takes over my bedroom when she visits, we don't need one.
I am glad I don't have to worry about the 'getting caught' factor. Even if you delete everything, there are still records. It's fairly easy to get into someone's wireless account and look at the records and many of those numbers can be googled up in a jif.
That is why I use my neighbor's phone.
Verizon no contract. Renew every month for $50. No name keep in car hidden, only turn on when looking for action.
My Big Mama once told me....

"Baby, if you're gonna do WRONG...do it the RIGHT way"

Not having a Hobby phone which you can TURN OFF, use only when the SO is NOT AROUND, not have A BILL, etc, etc....is the WRONG way

You can't control the actions of other people, so it's best to CYA

Just my two lil pennies......
The question I've had about a hobby phone is this. How do you explain it when it is found? How do you keep it from being found? If you are keeping names, numbers, texts, etc...that's pretty incriminating and undeniable.
I'm not a last minute kind of guy so for the last several years I've relied mainly on Yahoo mail, private browsing and ECCIE and P411 from work. I've only used my phone for the final communications whether it be by text or phone.
With the number of calls I make and receive in a months time picking one out of the haystack(and yes she did try) that could incriminate me would be nearly impossible and since I keep the calls short I have plausible deniability, it could have always been a wrong number.
I've also never had a girl call me out of the blue without prior communications previously about it being ok on my side. Again, I've been careful in who I choose to see and don't see the ones that have been described as crazy in any kind of negative light.
Guys that hobby more frequently and indiscriminately I suppose could have a problem.
I guess my point is that there is no perfect way that works for everyone. You just have to be smart and weigh the risks.
I really do feel sorry for all you fucktards out there who have to worry about all this S/O nonsense... Perhaps you should just get a safety deposit box to keep your ho phones in.
Personally don't mind the cold-call. If I'm not interested, I ignore it.

As for the on-going, endless, regurgitated debate over hobby phones, mitigate risk in whatever way works best for you.

For you married dudes worried about a second phone, its called Skype. There's an app for that.