DEI Is Poisoning America

LOL... and the ONLY way to achieve that is making sure straight, male, Whitey doesn't get the job, scholarship, promotion, slot etc... Find me a DEI program that does not discriminate against said straight white male.

Goal statements aren't worth the paper they are printed on... Originally Posted by texassapper
Well amigo, it seems as though you're unwilling to consider any position other than your own.

Straight white males are under attack? Is that the issue here? You've probably started a dozen threads on that over the life of your time here and contributed many more times that in other threads.

You have a solution, let's hear it. It's obviously not possible to ignore diversity issues in today's workplace, school or society as it exists outside of your world view.

Is your solution to ignore it? Would that make you feel safer among all those young wokesters?

I hear a lot of bitching but not much pitching.

Let's hear it, amigo.
LOL... and the ONLY way to achieve that is making sure straight, male, Whitey doesn't get the job, scholarship, promotion, slot etc... Find me a DEI program that does not discriminate against said straight white male.

Goal statements aren't worth the paper they are printed on... Originally Posted by texassapper
While I am not suggesting it does NOT impact White Males, it also is to ensure that it's not ONLY white males that get to move into new roles, deservingly or not. How many times have you seen nepotism at it's finest when the bosses son or daughter come to work and fast track up the ladder?

Or when the guys' neighbor who does the hiring, is looking for a job, and the people who have worked there for YEARS get overlooked. Want to see a mass exit for the doors, that's one sure fire way to get ppl to leave if they feel that they are being looked over for a job.

Or When someone who has a degree but doesn't know shit from shineola, gets promoted or lands the manager role because of a degree? I could go on about a dozen other types of examples where hiring isn't done correctly or by who is the most qualified for the job, but it ensures that ALL qualified people should at least be considered.

This is the type of reverse preferential treatment that DEI is put in to eliminate discrimination. Now if you feel that you've been a victim to discrimination, you can and should, speak to either a HR rep, or union official, or other supvervisor to voice that concern. Sitting on the sidelines though is just promoting the "well that's the way we've always done it", mentality. It's ok in some business, but not in big business, and certainly none that do work supporting or getting government contracts.

I think overall- it makes comparison's to people by capacity, knowledge, experience, and then racial or gender background, all things being equal. Also- good to note that once racial and gender hiring falls within distribution limits- then there is no requirement for interviewing or hiring someone based again by the above requirements. It's sort of a course correction, vs. keep on making left turns and not going anywhere.
The echo chamber... is simply the response of a mostly white majority who think changing the status quo is very scary, damaging and wrong. Scared little boys mostly, and small minded ones at that. Originally Posted by eyecu2
Didn't you just say affirmative action has been around since the '60s? Well shit, after 6 fucking decades I would think we would have seen enough positive results that we can all go back to Martin Luther King's laudable goal of being a "colorblind" society, no? Instead, libtards want us to double down on their failures by demanding that we all pay homage to some amorphous concept of "equity". As far as I can tell, it's just affirmative action on steroids.

So eye - where are all those "scared little boys" you seem to scorn? Nowadays, I see a lot more woke young white male liberals, who fancy themselves as SJWs, than I do "scared little boys". Which are you?
This is the type of reverse preferential treatment that DEI is put in to eliminate discrimination. Originally Posted by eyecu2
LOL... let me fix that sentence for you since it's so painfully obvious that you are trying to avoid it....

"This is the type DISCRIMINATION that DEI is put in to eliminate discrimination."

Discrimination is either right or wrong. So which is it?
Nothing feels more unfair than the privileged being treated equally.
Didn't you just say affirmative action has been around since the '60s? Well shit, after 6 fucking decades I would think we would have seen enough positive results that we can all go back to Martin Luther King's laudable goal of being a "colorblind" society, no? Instead, libtards want us to double down on their failures by demanding that we all pay homage to some amorphous concept of "equity". As far as I can tell, it's just affirmative action on steroids.

So eye - where are all those "scared little boys" you seem to scorn? Nowadays, I see a lot more woke young white male liberals, who fancy themselves as SJWs, than I do "scared little boys". Which are you? Originally Posted by lustylad
DEI is in effect, the advancement of Affirmative action, but WAY Different in that unlike AA, where the focus is simply on outcomes, DEI is focused on processes that make sure equitable, fair consideration is given, but no outcome is mandated. There is no, we are going to meet a goal of 33% of Diversity hires.

But the pathway to getting to include more diversity is there.

Nobody on a DEI board will tell you that unqualified ppl should get a job. NOT ONE. They will say however, it's great to have a goal, but a pathway towards meeting a goal is what is more important and a roadmap to follow.

Example: lets say 85% of higher level managers in any industry is made up of White males. There may be a requirement to have both females or ppl of color in both the interview teams on the employers side, (* currently the 15% of minority mix), and they may also say you cannot interview ANY candidates till we have atleast one diversity applicant in the mix. Making for due consideration of both equity in candidates and employer side having the opinions and visibility of diversity on both panels and candidates. Upon the conclusion of any interview team, the entire interview team gets together to debrief on the candidates, and they literally vote on who has the skills and talent, vs. who is white / black / brown. It's not trying to eliminate current white men as the hired candidate; it's ensuring that ALL people get visibility, and funny enough, many times it is the diversity candidate who literally shines above the others for a vast number of reasons.
  • Education.
  • Experiences.
  • Perspectives.
  • Eagerness and hungry for the opportunity
  • Planned for the interview.
  • Presented better reasons why they would be a best fit.

Often times ppl who think they are the shoe-in, don't do the prep work and assume they are next in line, only cause they work with that same person. Meanwhile, they suck at communication, delegation of work, or are toxic to co-workers, or are outright not ready to take the next step. Just cause they bowl on saturdays with the hiring manager and drink beer with them, doesn't mean they instantly get the job anymore.

Hope that answers your question.

relative to this last question;

So eye - where are all those "scared little boys" you seem to scorn? Nowadays, I see a lot more woke young white male liberals, who fancy themselves as SJWs, than I do "scared little boys". Which are you? Originally Posted by lustylad
I'm not sure what a SJW (social justice warrior) is, but if you think that I'm only posing, or representing without presenting my case with facts, then I would suggest you point out the items you disagree with. As far as finger pointing at scared little boys, yes, I do that. I think it's a shame that uneducated young/ old men would condemn something because they perceive it as a threat, vs. embracing it as the evolution of who gets hired and why. Scared ppl often condemn shit they don't agree with, and castigate anyone who would dare change the status quo. There are reasons for change. You can pick your own reasons or others will pick them for you.

I think every place I worked at was better after there was a better process towards DEI, and yes sometimes a brown person was hired, but sometimes it was a white female also. You know the kind that we come to a "Ho board" to see. See, I like to keep things in perspective too. As much as I bash a too conservative approach, believe it or not, I don't believe in bullshit spending or pie in the sky, but I also don't like where the republican party is headed. Politicians know VERY little about DEI, and only what someone else told them mostly. I have to live with that everyday, and once it's understood, it's actually nothing to be scorned. Diversity of employees, is like diversity in pussy., don't you want to try something different? You just might like it.

I'd rather we find things to agree on mostly, that is until I see some really stupid retorts here.
LOL... let me fix that sentence for you since it's so painfully obvious that you are trying to avoid it....

"This is the type DISCRIMINATION that DEI is put in to eliminate discrimination."

Discrimination is either right or wrong. So which is it? Originally Posted by texassapper
I'll assume english is a second language for you since you don't know discrimination and preferential treatment are not one in the same.

we don't offer preferential treatment to anyone who' skill set or experience don't merit acknowledgment of the same. I'd even go further to say that without that skill set, you get not only zero preference, you get no interview.

Further discrimination would be used to say that despite having skillsets or experience, you would simply deny someone an opportunity based on bias, against or for, a particular skin tone or gender.

Not really that hard of a concept, but conflating facts and words is not easy for uneducated folks.
we don't offer preferential treatment to anyone who' skill set or experience don't merit acknowledgment of the same. Originally Posted by eyecu2
LOL. Sure you stick to that talking point.

I'd even go further to say that without that skill set, you get not only zero preference, you get no interview. Originally Posted by eyecu2
LOL. You're not involved in any hiring are you? Minorities will get called in for an interview just because of their ethnicity... have to meet those EEO quotas. The fact that you don't know this means you don't have the first clue what you are talking about.

Not really that hard of a concept, but conflating facts and words is not easy for uneducated folks. Originally Posted by eyecu2
Don't be so hard on yourself.
LOL. Sure you stick to that talking point.

LOL. You're not involved in any hiring are you? Actually I am very involved in the majority of hiring, -hence why I replied with facts and actual knowledge- first hand. Minorities will get called in for an interview just because of their ethnicity... have to meet those EEO quotas. Wrong, but that's one of the defenses of those forced to involve a minority in the mix, and don't feel that it's fair due to a number, despite being qualified. The fact that you don't know this means you don't have the first clue what you are talking about. ....Well one of us does, and the other is just bullshitting. You've outed yourself well enough here.

Don't be so hard on yourself.
LOL. if you say so...but we both know better. Originally Posted by texassapper
It's a shame you don't use any facts in your replies to me. I'd love to hear why you feel so disenfranchised to have diversity involved when it comes to hiring.
It's a shame you don't use any facts in your replies to me. I'd love to hear why you feel so disenfranchised to have diversity involved when it comes to hiring. Originally Posted by eyecu2
I'm not disenfranchised in the least. What I do is so technically oriented that I can count on one hand the minorities that I've met in 20 years that are capable of doing it. And only one female... most can't perform the math necessary
Nothing feels more unfair than the privileged being treated equally. Originally Posted by 1blackman1
Haha... nice quote, I like it.

Here's another good one-liner:

"The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race."

- SCOTUS Chief Justice John Roberts
I'm not sure what a SJW (social justice warrior) is, but if you think that I'm only posing, or representing without presenting my case with facts, then I would suggest you point out the items you disagree with. Originally Posted by eyecu2
You know full well what a SJW is, you just spelled it out. I keep trying to point out where I disagree with you, but you don't make it easy. You veer back & forth between logical arguments and partisan rants against imagined ogres in the GOP or at FOX News or somewhere out in MAGAland. It gives me whiplash. Try to tighten up your posts. You don't need to take 3 paragraphs to make every point.

As far as finger pointing at scared little boys, yes, I do that. I think it's a shame that uneducated young/old men would condemn something because they perceive it as a threat, vs. embracing it as the evolution of who gets hired and why. Scared ppl often condemn shit they don't agree with, and castigate anyone who would dare change the status quo. There are reasons for change. You can pick your own reasons or others will pick them for you. Originally Posted by eyecu2
I don't buy your premise that anyone & everyone who opposes DEI feels threatened, opposes change, or fits some "scared little white boy" caricature. I launched this thread with a column by Bari Weiss - a Jewish woman from Pittsburgh. You might want to go back and re-read her arguments against DEI in my OP. She attended Columbia University and worked at the New York Times and saw how destructive it was at both places.
I was just responding to those comments directed my way Lusty.

But I am happy to cut my replies to a meager 2.5 paragraphs so as to speed up the read! Lol
Well thank you, eye. My attention span ain't what it used to be.
eyecu2, ur being disingenuous that dei does not discriminate.

theres an article (I have to find it) that tells a story of some white guy getting fired so that a company can burnish its DEI credentials. he has filed a lawsuit.