2020 elections Biden hits back at reporter asking if he took a cognitive test: ‘Are you a junkie?’

biden misunderstood or lost the context of reporter's question.

cognitive = cocaine

he thought he was being asked a drug test question.

he basically accused the reporter of being a junkie.

good indication that he's in an early stage of losing his marbles. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Yet once again I have to remind you that the only objective information we have to go by, the polls, show no weakening of support for Biden.
If you don’t see a big difference in the way Trump communicates and Biden, there’s nothing to discuss. Trump has granted more media access than any POTUS in history. He doesn’t duck anyone. He can speak for hours without a teleprompter. Biden’s camp doesn’t want him to debate. That would be a disgrace. They know he’s not up to it. He’s exposing himself everyday now. And he only shows up for snippets at a time.

His comments yesterday again exposed how he really feels about the AA community. I don’t think the media can cover this up anymore. Originally Posted by bambino
Yes Trump can speak for hours without a teleprompter. And occasionally he even says something that is true.
Yet once again I have to remind you that the only objective information we have to go by, the polls, show no weakening of support for Biden. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

You are aware of the research that suggests that many people that will vote for Trump, will not admit it to pollsters, neighbors ( like myself ) and even other family members? It obviously happened in 2016 and will be even more so this time considering the vindictiveness shown to anybody suggesting they might be voting for Trump. Will it be enough, I have no idea. When I listen to the MSM, I do come away thinking that Trump doesn't have a chance in hell of winning and then I think there are surely many people like myself who simply will not announce their vote for Trump anywhere but on an anonymous message board.

And I'm still convinced that many people who were not going to vote for Trump before witnessing what the Democrat party will bring to their communities, a break down in law and order, perhaps only second to the economy, will hold their nose and vote Trump. We shall see.
Yes Trump can speak for hours without a teleprompter. And occasionally he even says something that is true. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

Which is why many of us only look at his policy initiatives. All politicians lie, Hell, Joe Biden had to drop out of one of his attempts at the Presidency for lying for pete's sake. Obviously that doesn't matter to many people, something I hate to admit, I understand. There isn't one single thing in the Democrat/ Biden platform that I'm for so who else can I vote for. I'm sure you feel the same way as to why you'll vote for Biden. I sure hope it isn't because of the words that come out of his mouth.
Yet once again I have to remind you that the only objective information we have to go by, the polls, show no weakening of support for Biden. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
The Polls aren't and can't reassure that Biden will be a competent President and his VP will most likely be a militant Black Female, that's not a win for the American people.
You are aware of the research that suggests that many people that will vote for Trump, will not admit it to pollsters, neighbors ( like myself ) and even other family members? It obviously happened in 2016 and will be even more so this time considering the vindictiveness shown to anybody suggesting they might be voting for Trump. Will it be enough, I have no idea. When I listen to the MSM, I do come away thinking that Trump doesn't have a chance in hell of winning and then I think there are surely many people like myself who simply will not announce their vote for Trump anywhere but on an anonymous message board.

And I'm still convinced that many people who were not going to vote for Trump before witnessing what the Democrat party will bring to their communities, a break down in law and order, perhaps only second to the economy, will hold their nose and vote Trump. We shall see. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
You are certainly welcome to your opinion. My opinion is that in 2016 there were a large number of voters who did not make up their minds as to whom to vote for until the very last moment and exit polls and follow-up polls showed that the majority, about 2/3s, ultimately decided on Trump over Clinton. In 2020 I believe that the number of undecided voters is substantially less than in 2016. Those that did not support Trump then will likely not support him now and many who did support him then have changed their votes. Every indication is that those in the suburbs, especially women, who supported him in 2016 no longer support him. Do you think it is coincidence that Trump is focusing on the suburbs with his negative campaigning?

All indications are Trump is behind and Trump himself knows it. There are still many weeks to go before election day and as in 2016 Trump can turn it around. He is a dirty fighter and will pull out all the stops in the next 12+ weeks.
You are certainly welcome to your opinion. My opinion is that in 2016 there were a large number of voters who did not make up their minds as to whom to vote for until the very last moment and exit polls and follow-up polls showed that the majority, about 2/3s, ultimately decided on Trump over Clinton. In 2020 I believe that the number of undecided voters is substantially less than in 2016. Those that did not support Trump then will likely not support him now and many who did support him then have changed their votes. Every indication is that those in the suburbs, especially women, who supported him in 2016 no longer support him. Do you think it is coincidence that Trump is focusing on the suburbs with his negative campaigning?

All indications are Trump is behind and Trump himself knows it. There are still many weeks to go before election day and as in 2016 Trump can turn it around. He is a dirty fighter and will pull out all the stops in the next 12+ weeks. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
How do you know Trump thinks he’s behind? How do you know this? The fact is, you don’t.
The Polls aren't and can't reassure that Biden will be a competent President and his VP will most likely be a militant Black Female, that's not a win for the American people. Originally Posted by Levianon17
Again, it does not seem to matter to voters. At least not yet.

That is how much Trump is disliked. And, no, neither Harris nor Rice, seemingly the two front-runners for VP, are to be considered "militant Black Females". Trump being out of office is a win for the American people.
How do you know Trump thinks he’s behind? How do you know this? The fact is, you don’t. Originally Posted by bambino
Trump follows the polls more closely than even I do. Earlier this week when a single poll, Rasmussen, had Trump with a positive approval rating, he was all over it. Two months ago when Gallup had him with a positive approval rating, he was all over it.

Trump's team runs internal polls which show him behind.

One week ago President Donald Trump met with advisers from his 2020 re-election campaign, who greeted him with bad news.

The campaign's internal poll numbers showed the president down in swing states, and down with key demographics of voters including women and independents.

While some of the president’s advisers insisted the current campaign internal poll numbers aren’t relevant in gauging Trump’s re-election chances this far from November, others among his most loyal and longest serving advisers have developed a new posture: one of increasing alarm. They fear that without a course correction -- and quickly -- Donald Trump could lose the 2020 presidential election.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=71182653

“I’m not losing,” President Trump insisted in an interview on Sunday with the Fox News anchor Chris Wallace after being presented with the cable network's latest poll, which showed former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. with an eight-point advantage nationally.

The president, who often promotes poll numbers when they are favorable to him — and even regularly advertises what he claims is a “96% Approval Rating in the Republican Party” without citing any source for that questionable statistic — said the public polls that showed him losing were “fake in 2016, and now they’re even more fake.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/22/u...olls-2020.html

I could cite several other sources in which Trump realizes he is behind. He can rationalize the polls all he wants -- he is behind and he knows it and will do everything in his power over the next 12+ weeks to turn it around.
...My opinion is that in 2016 there were a large number of voters who did not make up their minds as to whom to vote for until the very last moment and exit polls and follow-up polls showed that the majority, about 2/3s, ultimately decided on Trump over Clinton. ... Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
I do not recall the much ballyhooed 538 or any other poll in the universe projecting massive undecided voters prior to the 2016 election. And I dang sure do recall at 9PM on election eve, where it was still an impossibility for Trump, according to the Fake News coronation of Hitlery. Though I still enjoy rewatching the Young Turks go into an epic meltdown after 9PM as well as the other LSM lackeys.

Perchance you could hearken us back to your own prognostications of a very close race with massive numbers of undecided voters floating about the mix from these vaunted fora?

You do remember that night in November, back in 2016?
Again, it does not seem to matter to voters. At least not yet.

That is how much Trump is disliked. And, no, neither Harris nor Rice, seemingly the two front-runners for VP, are to be considered "militant Black Females". Trump being out of office is a win for the American people. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
That's right it doesn't matter to the majority of Democratic voters. Most of them are irresponsible air heads that don't have a clue of what's going on.
I do not recall the much ballyhooed 538 or any other poll in the universe projecting massive undecided voters prior to the 2016 election. And I dang sure do recall at 9PM on election eve, where it was still an impossibility for Trump, according to the Fake News coronation of Hitlery. Though I still enjoy rewatching the Young Turks go into an epic meltdown after 9PM as well as the other LSM lackeys.

Perchance you could hearken us back to your own prognostications of a very close race with massive numbers of undecided voters floating about the mix from these vaunted fora?
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
538 is not a poll. First mistake.

You obviously do not follow polls or look at the details. Please look at the attached link. These were polls taken just prior to the 2016 election. Approximately 10% of those polled in each poll did not have a preference as to whom they would vote for. Obviously it is impossible to project what those numbers will be on Novermber 2, 2020 but my guess right now is they will be lower than 10%. Right now the "undecided" vote in most polls is less than 10% and should keep declining as the election gets closer.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...nton-5491.html

BTW. here is RCP's final electoral count prior to the 2016 election. Exactly ONE state was missed -- Wiconsin. Can't help it if the "political pundits" took the information at hand and made up their own scenarios -- an easy Clinton victory. Polls indicated otherwise.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...llege_map.html
That's right it doesn't matter to the majority of Democratic voters. Most of them are irresponsible air heads that don't have a clue of what's going on. Originally Posted by Levianon17
You will have to add Indepedent voters to your list of "air heads" since they are the ones who will determine the victor in the election.
Sad really anyone that's seen there parents go through dementia , HOWEVER there not running for potus and now the LSM is in
full Denial and Deflection mode.
If Biden is at full cognitive ability, why don't the Dems schedule a full series of debates? Hell, they have their media minions to shape the questions AND the answers that they want the audience to hear from both Biden and Trump. There should be no worries.

What I see is Biden misunderstanding questions, getting lost in his responses and interviews uncerimoniously ended.