Should we revise the rules governing the Incall Provider Short Notice Availability Thread?

It appears to me that the Houston version of this thread (now a sticky there) is working the way you intended. There has been significant policing by the mods and they have it running as imagined.

It's NOT being used as an additional daily CL type ad as it seems to be in Dallas.

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=555876
It appears to me that the Houston version of this thread (now a sticky there) is working the way you intended. There has been significant policing by the mods and they have it running as imagined.

It's NOT being used as an additional daily CL type ad as it seems to be in Dallas.

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=555876
Originally Posted by Chainsaw Anthropologist
You're right. Unfortunately, I've not had any mods here express an interest in helping out in the manner the Houston mods do. A recent aggravating trend in my thread is the appearance of guys posting their own ISOs instead of starting a new thread. Even after I pointed out the true intent, it is still occurring. There is nothing I can do about that, but a mod could step in and delete the posts, much like the Houston mods did to corral that group of wild horses.
tinman,

since this is "your thread", if the dallas mods will agree, i suggest you "moderate" it and then send the dallas mods requests to do the admin work [removing posts, closing, etc.]

* close existing one and start a new one every two weeks

* start each thread w/ the rules/guidelines.

* include a template in the rules that all providers must use.

* [request to] remove any thread that a) doesnt use the template, b) doesnt completely fill out the template, and/or c) is not from a provider. you pm folks who dont follow the rules/guidelines.

* have commentary on the thread in another co-ed thread [to keep the signal/noise ratio high]

* any other rules/guidelines that providers must follow [again in the 1st post]

my 43 cents worth.....
How about this as an idea. There is a little green light in the lower left hand corner of each reply that says if a person is online. Would it be possible to add another light to say that a provider is available as an option controlled by the provider? Would it also be possible to add this element to the showcases? That way a provider could toggle this indicator on or off at her own discretion.

Just a thought.
Instead of a green light ... a lit up taint. Now a lit up taint would get fucktards attention.

And make the rules simple enough to be understood ... and if a provider violates the rules she is prohibited from lighting up her taint for a week.
I like it also.. I think:
(1) it would be good to make it a sticky;
(2) it would be good to clear its contents once a week and
(3) there should be no pictures allowed. Originally Posted by Invisible1
What he said. It was nice meeting you through your own thread TinMan
Howdy from H-Town! I started the Houston thread, and while it's had bumps, seems to be rolling better now. Glad that you liked some of my revisions of your original rules, TinMan. Again, thanks for the initial idea!

Rcg001, implementing another online "light" controlled by the provider to advertise instant availability (hmmm, our own little "red light zone" lamp bulb to turn on and off) in the forums and/or inside the lady's showcase would be a fairly complicated change, and since I'm pretty sure ECCIE pays for such programming revisions, I'm doubtful the owners would think that time-consuming addition a practical expenditure of funds, nor something they'd want to reboot the site for to make the change take effect.

You might want to evaluate the pros and cons of clearing and restarting your Dallas thread every couple of weeks. Houston has decided not to (at this time, anyway) because the mods (and others) want to keep track of trends, particularly which providers might be abusing the concept by using HISNAT (Houston Incall Short Notice Availability Thread) as a daily availability ad forum and re-posting the same times over and over. Also, IMHO, the large number of posts and views helps chart how successful the thread is, and will attract users to it.

Letting both threads "evolve" with new guidelines as needed would be a good thing, as nothing should stay cemented in concrete, especially if it's found not to work in the long run. Also, to keep the boundaries "fresh" in the minds of the ladies, just insert a "reminder" post every, say, 5 pages. Only takes a moment of cut and paste.
Or since this is for the ladies .... let the ladies set the rules, enforce the rules, and determine how many pages or time before setting. That being said ... how about taint for me?
Or since this is for the ladies .... let the ladies set the rules, enforce the rules, and determine how many pages or time before setting. Originally Posted by pyramider
I totally agree. And since the ladies are the ones who benefit the most from it, they will do a much better job of policing it than "lil ole me".

Any volunteers?
Sweet summer rain
I volunteer to do the Houston thread, but I don't think they'll let me. Not sure they should. It would be like letting the mice guard the cheese, plus pissed-off pussies would be on my ass ALL the time.
pussies would be on my ass ALL the time. Originally Posted by Fancyinheels
Make photos made for verification.
Houston has decided not to (at this time, anyway) because the mods (and others) want to keep track of trends, particularly which providers might be abusing the concept by using HISNAT (Houston Incall Short Notice Availability Thread) as a daily availability ad forum and re-posting the same times over and over. Also, IMHO, the large number of posts and views helps chart how successful the thread is, and will attract users to it. Originally Posted by Fancyinheels
This is exactly the problem I see. Several of the ladies are not only posting daily, but multiple times on the same day.
Well now the Dallas thread just looks like another ad forum with girls copying their ads and posting pictures on it.
what about a new thread each week posted as a sticky, the previous weeks thread is closed as the new one is opened