Texas Women are Safer -- for now.

For me, it's the same as abortion. Do all you can to dissuade the person from making that decision, but in the end, realize it is their decision. The battle against abortion will not be won in the legislature or courts. It will only be won one heart at a time. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
+1
For me, it's the same as abortion. Do all you can to dissuade the person from making that decision, but in the end, realize it is their decision. The battle against abortion will not be won in the legislature or courts. It will only be won one heart at a time. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
True they made that decision. They chose a permanent solution to a temporary problem. But my point originally was in reference to the Liberals defense of abortion, that it's a women's body she should be able without scrutiny do with it what she pleases. Although I feel abortions should be made available under extreme medical circumstances. The majority of women who want abortions are young healthy women who can carry to term. They opt to have abortions because having a child gets in the way of their social lives. They are also afraid of what their families might say if they remain pregnant. Above all they just don't want the responsibility.

Jim
Jim. Would you make suicide illegal? There are too many nuances to make a blanket statement that it is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I oppose both suicide and abortion. I have and would strongly counsel against either, but in the end, it's not my choice. And making either illegal is not the answer.
...baby .... made a number of them.... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Social justification for abortions.
When did pregnancy become a disease that needs 'women's health care' to cure it?
What's your opinion about suicide?

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
There are an abundance of tall buildings ... choose one.
There are an abundance of tall buildings ... choose one. Originally Posted by pyramider
Tall bridges are a much better option. The End result is exactly the same, but a heck of a lot less messy.
Yup, COG nailed it.

True they made that decision. They chose a permanent solution to a temporary problem. But my point originally was in reference to the Liberals defense of abortion, that it's a women's body she should be able without scrutiny do with it what she pleases. Although I feel abortions should be made available under extreme medical circumstances. The majority of women who want abortions are young healthy women who can carry to term. They opt to have abortions because having a child gets in the way of their social lives. They are also afraid of what their families might say if they remain pregnant. Above all they just don't want the responsibility.

Well what you say may be true, but it is not the government's job to tell a woman what she can and can't do with her own body, and its none of your business telling a woman she has to 'take responsibility' for a pregnancy that she only contributed half the responsibility to.
Hey Dipshit, why not just throw gas on them and burn them?
  • WTF
  • 08-31-2014, 09:00 AM
When did pregnancy become a disease that needs 'women's health care' to cure it? Originally Posted by gfejunkie
My guess is the day you were born....

Making laws against things we morally oppose in not a true conservative principal. But then again many of you so called conservatives are what you like to call RINO's.
Jim. Would you make suicide illegal? There are too many nuances to make a blanket statement that it is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I oppose both suicide and abortion. I have and would strongly counsel against either, but in the end, it's not my choice. And making either illegal is not the answer. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
The whole debate with abortion, is the law shouldn't regulate what a women does with her body. That's not a very firm defense because that decision also involves another person, the physician who performs the abortion. That's where most of the conflict in this subject comes from. You asked if I think suicide should be illegal, well suicide is illegal if a doctor assists a seemingly healthy person in their decision to end their own life. Doctors go to school for many years and then take an oath to do all that is medically within their ability to preserve life. Until there is a product or device that becomes available to women to assists them in their decision to abort an unborn without any other human intervention the abortion debate will continue.

Jim
The whole debate with abortion, is the law shouldn't regulate what a women does with her body. That's not a very firm defense because that decision also involves another person, the physician who performs the abortion. That's where most of the conflict in this subject comes from. You asked if I think suicide should be illegal, well suicide is illegal if a doctor assists a seemingly healthy person in their decision to end their own life. Doctors go to school for many years and then take an oath to do all that is medically within their ability to preserve life. Until there is a product or device that becomes available to women to assists them in their decision to abort an unborn without any other human intervention the abortion debate continue.

Wrong. Ask Dr Kevorkian, he was assisting not healthy people and spent eight years in prison for it.
Wrong. Ask Dr Kevorkian, he was assisting not healthy people and spent eight years in prison for it. Originally Posted by pyramider
Well that even proves my point even further doesn't it. The only thing a person can do is refuse treatment, and a doctor is obliged to comply, but there is no legally medically acclaimed procedure for a doctor to assist a patient in their decision to end their own life.

Jim
My guess is the day you were born.... Originally Posted by WTF
At least I was granted that privilege.

What's your mother's excuse?
  • WTF
  • 08-31-2014, 01:51 PM
At least I was granted that privilege.

What's your mother's excuse? Originally Posted by gfejunkie
You look at your birth as a privilege, probably like Jeffrey Dahmer did. The rest of us look at it as a curse....

None of which has a thing to do with a woman's right to decide to terminate a embryotic cell from developing into a human. You numbnuts understand that a embryotic cell is not a human do you not?

Do you at least understand that a Caterpillar is not a Butterfly?