Sensual Domination

From what I understand, on a physical level, the endorphin rush when a scene really works is out of this world. Originally Posted by discreetgent
Yep! There is also a thrill in surrendering power to someone (even without the pain/endorphin aspect) as well as a thrill in accepting the power someone else has surrendered to you. BDSM can be very intimate, sensual and exhilarating, but the images we see of it are often clichéd and emotionless.
A final note, for the record, I'm NOT an expert on this subject ... but I do know one thing, so much of this is mental and not physical.

Just something else to think about!

Warmly,
Elisabeth Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
So I was surfing through today's post and came across this one. Coincidentally, I posted a thread yesterday called Sensual Dominance. Naturally, it relates to the photography side of the art - http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=54958.

I am getting more requests for Sensual Dom photography. As Elisabeth stated, I really don't know much about it at all. But I think we all agree that it is far more mental than physical.

I have read a few of the books recommended by Elisabeth including Story of O. This novel is a chin dropping depiction of Sensual Dominance and very elegantly written. Elisabeth, wasn't it banded at some point? The movie is even better.

I recently photographed my first Sen Dom shoot. My clients were very clear about their boundaries and even the poses/postures that they wanted all without any suggestion of violence or pain. They were quite happy with the results.

While I understand it might be a bit off the subject here, I've taken the liberty to post a couple of Sen Dom images. Since there must be an inherent understanding of this art in order to capture it with camera, I would love to get anyone's feedback/interpretation as I intend to pursue Sen Dom photography even more.
Attached Images File Type: jpg DSC_3552.jpg (89.0 KB, 261 views) File Type: jpg DSC_3541.jpg (78.2 KB, 258 views)
I don't get it at all but i wish I could. Makes no sense at all. What am I missing out on?
I don't get it at all but i wish I could. Makes no sense at all. What am I missing out on? Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
Nothing. If it doesn't float your boat, it doesn't float your boat.

It's not a matter of something you are missing (unless it's an unfulfilled/untested desire). If you don't have the desire, you'll never understand the attraction.
How could a woman ever respect a man that submits? Respect yourself?
How could a woman ever respect a man that submits? Respect yourself? Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
It's all about respect. If you would have trouble respecting a partner who is sexually submissive, male or female, then BDSM definitely isn't for you.

I think it's incredibly sexy whenever someone is comfortable enough with his or her self to be honest about what they like and open to trying new things. I would never ever ever think a man is less masculine or respectable because he's interested in sexual submission. It's all about fantasy and fun!
You're thinking is too vanilla.

Respect is not an element. The act of submission is the end in itself. Especially if it is P4P. The power exchange is only a temporary fantasy.

Now, if this is real life, it's a different story. The power exchange is more permanent. The sub lives to be a sub. And the mistress enjoys the training and keeping of slaves.
I must admit that what I posted was to invoke a response. kudos to you for not taking the bait. I'm new to this world and I'm still trying to sort out in my head in the P4P.
When I was married there was nothing we wouldn't do for each other.
Women will say and post all kinds of things they like and enjoy. But when they let down their defenses and let loose you see and hear what makes them truly wet. I maybe over thinking things but I have a need to get past the veneer.
  • AM
  • 06-19-2010, 01:12 PM
I fell into sensual domination because it came naturally to me. It's a true release for many clients I have seen.
How could a woman ever respect a man that submits? Respect yourself? Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius

Man who is confortable with himself to explore his true desires deserves nothing but respect.

Lina
Nothing. If it doesn't float your boat, it doesn't float your boat.

It's not a matter of something you are missing (unless it's an unfulfilled/untested desire). If you don't have the desire, you'll never understand the attraction. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Very true,I honestly think that just like your sexual orientation it is a desire that you are usually born with.I remember having sub fantasies long before I knew that there were others with the same thoughts .I just grew up thinking that my interests were a little strange.

I guess that the sub/dom thing has grown a little more trendy over time.It is good that people want to understand more about this fetish,but I still feel that most dom/subs are born not made.
[quote=Natalie; BDSM can be very intimate, sensual and exhilarating, but the images we see of it are often clichéd and emotionless.[/quote]

Yes, it often feels like the people who are producing the images have no respect for the fetish.The other problem is any time they attempt to make a more mainstream movie out of what was a great book, or idea they almost always cop out, and change the roles around to remain politically correct.

Nine, and a half weeks was destroyed from start to finish, and Story of O managed to stay some what true to the book until the end where they completely sold out .Secretary is about the only mainstream movie dealing with this fetish that not only did not sell out, but also handled the characters as real people who were allowed to stay true to their desires.
Very true,I honestly think that just like your sexual orientation it is a desire that you are usually born with.I remember having sub fantasies long before I knew that there were others with the same thoughts .I just grew up thinking that my interests were a little strange.

I guess that the sub/dom thing has grown a little more trendy over time.It is good that people want to understand more about this fetish,but I still feel that most dom/subs are born not made. Originally Posted by Becky
I tend to agree with Becky that sub/dom, like any sexual persuasion, is inherent. To what degree one chooses to express it is another story.

Before moving to Florida almost 10 years ago, I was not aware that fetish is so deeply embedded in our culture (beyond reading Marquis de Sade in college). I would venture to say that the vast majority of the population are clueless about it and even intimidated.

I am currently working on a photo project involving a male sub & female dom. In my interactions with the man on organizing themes and shoots, I find it quite intriguing that he is incredibly submissive on all levels - not just intellectual or sexual. He is also willing to arouse himself completely for the purposes of the shoot yet remains respectful of those with whom he is working.
Man who is confortable with himself to explore his true desires deserves nothing but respect.

Lina Originally Posted by Sensual Lina
Absolutely! I love meeting a man who is unapologetic about what turns him on, whether that's being tied up or anal play or simple sweet, missionary sex. It's such a honor to have a partner who's entirely open-minded and willing to try different things without feeling hampered by any social mores. (Of course that goes for female partners, too.) And while it's become something of a cliche at this point, so many men who like being dominated are incredibly successful in their professional life, and I find that combination of public power and private vulnerability to be very sexy. It's also a wonderful path to creating near-instant intimacy.
Male submissives hail from all walks of life and many are assertive, confident people in everyday life. I have also heard tales of extremely powerful men enjoying femdom in private.

I have had this debate with people before. They seem concerned that the games of sexual domination I like to play could somehow harm me psychologically. I have always argued vehemently that it does no harm and has never held me back. I am my own person and have a successful career and life. I guess if you were to choose to make it an all encompassing lifestyle thing, then THAT would be a problem to reconcile with your inner self. Othwerwise, as a fetish, I don't see the harm, if kept between you and your partner(s).