Where's Governor Gregg Abbott?

north east and west coast are immigration hot spots. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Here’s the latest numbers from Texas. Relatively low there. Texas is an immigration hotspot too.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020...outputType=amp
Ibelieve [sic] not the press releases from Russia and China about their coronavirus incidences. Their reports are absurd. Originally Posted by oeb11
i don't know about absurd, but the chinese underground says the CCP is lying.

CCP has a face they must maintain during this.
  • Tiny
  • 03-22-2020, 03:14 PM
That's why he's called "Tiny"! Six months ago the AntiTrumpers were ridiculing Trump for "listening" to "foreigners" .... like the Russians ... for his decision making information ....

... now? THEY BELIEVE CHINESE AND RUSSIAN PRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Originally Posted by LexusLover
So you believe the Chinese and the Russians or you don't believe them? You think Covid 19 is out of control in China and Russia and they're lying about it? But in another thread you ask people to name a single person who's died from Covid 19, so it's not out of control?

And the Chinese and Russians are liars but Trump should listen to them? That actually makes sense, just as talking to Kim did. Trump has tried to develop a better relationship with Russia but Congress and others have stymied him at every opportunity.

You can't back up every argument with "it's right because that's what Trump says," especially when you can't get the "that's what Trump says" part correct. Trump's now taking this a lot more seriously than you are.
  • Tiny
  • 03-22-2020, 03:17 PM
Ibelieve not the press releases from Russia and China about their coronavirus incidences. Their reports are absurd. Originally Posted by oeb11
Oeb, You may be right, but how do you believe they're absurd? For example, do you think the virus is out of control there too but they don't want to admit it?
Governor Abbott should get off his ass, figuratively speaking, and do more. Closing the bars, restaurants and gyms was a good move, certainly in places where community transmission is occurring. But why are there still 48 flights per day between Dallas and New York City? NYC is about to become the next Wuhan. The virus is getting so out of control there that you probably can't trace contacts of people with Coronavirus and isolate them. But you can in Texas. I don't think the Texas Department of Health and Human Services is doing that. We need more testing, and undoubtedly the state of Texas has the resources to make that happen. We should be scrounging for ventilators like New York.

Some Texas Tech student with coronavirus was supposed to self isolate at a special residence but instead went home and out on the town. Jokers like that should be prosecuted. One person with Coronavirus in Italy probably spread the disease to over 100 people. He was in and out of the hospital twice and a number were health care workers. He had an excuse, this was back in February when this was getting started. There's no excuse now.

The majority of states in recent times have preferred Republicans at the state level, IMHO because they run things better. You see people like Cuomo and Newsom being proactive and people like Abbott not in response to this crisis and that may change. Originally Posted by Tiny
Abbott had a news cast about a hour ago with his strategy it involves more business closures and limiting gatherings. It should be out on u tube shortly and in print tomorrow. I think he’s doing the right thing.

He also discusses the lack of PPE for the front line, and made reference for Federal help.
  • Tiny
  • 03-22-2020, 03:20 PM
Abbott had a news cast about a hour ago with his strategy it involves more business closures and limiting gatherings. It should be out on u tube shortly and in print tomorrow. I think he’s doing the right thing.

He also discusses the lack of PPE for the front line, and made reference for Federal help. Originally Posted by Jaxson66
Yeah, He's on the right track. Regardless of whether Trump is president, you can't depend on the federal government. I was giving constructive criticism on a hooker board, which as oeb pointed out is kind of stupid.
  • oeb11
  • 03-22-2020, 04:36 PM
‘Medical Needs Will Be Met,’ Gov. Abbott Issues Additional Executive Orders To Fight Coronavirus

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/me...id=hplocalnews

AUSTIN (CBSDFW.COM) — Texas Governor Greg Abbott has issued additional executive orders Sunday to help fight the spread of COVID-19.
© Provided by CBS Dallas The newly announced orders will not allow unnecessary medical procedures and change how many people can be treated in a hospital room.

Gov. Abbott said there are currently 334 positive cases across 43 Texas counties and 566 presumptive positive cases. There has also been six deaths.
Although the governor said there has been a rapid increase in the number of tests that are being taken, he is imploring the federal government to provide more test kits and supplies for healthcare workers and patients.
On Mar. 20, 2,335 people were tested. Yesterday, the number nearly tripled at more than 6,400 people. And just this morning, the total of tested Texans increased to 8,700.
“We are testing to the full extent of testing capabilities at this time,” Gov. Abbott said.
Abbott also touched on concerns of maximizing both hospital and healthcare facility capacities.
To increased number of nurses, the governor waived regulations which will permit extensions and allow inactive or retired nurses to come to work. Nurses in their final year of school will also be eligible to work.
Another focus is to maximize bed and staffing for COVID-19 patients.
The National Guard will also be deployed in the upcoming week to help hospitals and facilities, as well as preparing vacant buildings and/or medical tents for usage.
In regards to issuing a shelter in place order for the entire state, Abbott said what may be right for larger, more densely populated counties may not be right for smaller ones.
He said local counties can implement more strict regulations if necessary.
Those who don’t follow the current executive orders will still face fines up to $1,000 or up to 180 days in jail

Tiny - I am NOT calling you stupid - i may differ in an opinion - but I respect you and your manner of debate. My criticism - If you have a criticism of gov Abbott - Contact his office and offer constructive criticism. I seriously doubt he will read it here.

I have no trust in any press releases regarding the Wuhan virus from China and Russia- as posted previously - and with rationale. They are authoritarian counties with reasons to hide the reality of the extent of infection in their countries.

Abbott is calling out the national guard - and how the guard will act is as yet unclear.

He has a rationale for not ordering all Texans to shelter ini place - local self governance - something dear to all Texans.

I am comfortable with Gov Abbott - and supportive of his actions.
north east and west coast are immigration hot spots. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
They immigrate from places where some people eat bats...
Here’s the latest numbers from Texas. Relatively low there. Texas is an immigration hotspot too.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020...outputType=amp Originally Posted by bambino
Texas is an immigration hotspot but the Mexicans who immigrate here tend to like meat products from chickens, cows, hogs and turkeys - and not bats.

Plus, this is Texas with lots of wide open spaces and clean air - unlike those crowded places like LA and NYC.

We do have faggots like Yssup Rider here so we are not as perfect as we think we are...
Governor Abbott should get off his ass, figuratively speaking, and do more. Closing the bars, restaurants and gyms was a good move, certainly in places where community transmission is occurring. But why are there still 48 flights per day between Dallas and New York City? NYC is about to become the next Wuhan. The virus is getting so out of control there that you probably can't trace contacts of people with Coronavirus and isolate them. But you can in Texas. I don't think the Texas Department of Health and Human Services is doing that. We need more testing, and undoubtedly the state of Texas has the resources to make that happen. We should be scrounging for ventilators like New York.

Some Texas Tech student with coronavirus was supposed to self isolate at a special residence but instead went home and out on the town. Jokers like that should be prosecuted. One person with Coronavirus in Italy probably spread the disease to over 100 people. He was in and out of the hospital twice and a number were health care workers. He had an excuse, this was back in February when this was getting started. There's no excuse now.

The majority of states in recent times have preferred Republicans at the state level, IMHO because they run things better. You see people like Cuomo and Newsom being proactive and people like Abbott not in response to this crisis and that may change. Originally Posted by Tiny
The federal government - NOT the states - controls interstate commerce. Abbott can't close DFW airport without permission from the feds.
  • WTF
  • 03-22-2020, 06:13 PM
Libtard states have been affected the most. Wonder why? Originally Posted by bambino
Because they are more densely populated you moron and they are testing more.

Fuck you are a dense SOB.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020...outputType=amp Originally Posted by bambino
The proper way to look at this is "Where do the Chinese go when they visit the US"?

Seattle, LA, SF, and NYC have large Chinese immigrant populations. and Chinese companies like Huawei. So a high percentage of Chinese citizens visiting the US for business or family reasons are going to visit those areas of the US. Likewise, Chinese immigrants and legal residents who visited China came from - and returned to - those same areas on the West Coast and the northeast.

Texas has a lot of immigration, but not as much from China as the West Coast and the northeast.

So, in January, before Trump began to impose travel restrictions on China, a lot of infected people came to the US from China and began infecting a higher percentage of people in LC, Seattle, SF and NY. If Trump hadn't closed the border when he did, things would be even worse. He got called a racist for doing that, but it was the right thing to do. I wish he had done it sooner.

Over time, the disease will spread everywhere in the US and the numbers will even out as Texas and other places catch up with the West Coast and NY.
  • oeb11
  • 03-22-2020, 06:23 PM
Thank you - K - an interesting, thoughtful post.

ftw and Fascist DPST's have only name-calling and scatology - with no rationale or references/justifications.
  • WTF
  • 03-22-2020, 06:23 PM
Who is ftw?
  • oeb11
  • 03-22-2020, 06:30 PM
Do u care????
Topic is the performance of Gov Abbott - Perhaps someday ftw might have something other than name-calling and scatology.

Yeah - When Chinese pigs fly! (They are mostly dead of the African swine fever virus. )