Best Restaurants

The Tavern Pizza hasn’t been good for a long time.

Mostly just chain places in WDM, like Cheesecake Factory, Jethros, Biaggi's, Hu Hutt. A couple of Indy places are Nick's and The Club Car. The Tavern is good for pizza, Palmer's for deli. Most of the good places are downtown Des Moines. Originally Posted by ClimaxBlues
if in des Moines and looking for out of box - I usually send out of towners to Open Sesame in the East Village neighborood. Serves Lebanese style food.
Now on the south side of Des Moines i send to Kathmandu Restaurant , they serve Nepalese and Indian food. Word is they are opening a second location in Windsor Heights suburb.
another in the Ingersoll area would be Panka Peruvian Restaurant. Sent two out of towners there this weekend and they liked it..

just thinking a bit out of the box for you ladies.
The Tavern Pizza hasn’t been good for a long time. Originally Posted by The_baron
Oh, OK, I don't live in DSM anymore, so I guess I'm a little out of touch.
I accidentally hit the wrong tab and responded here.

Tavern used to be great
Hometown Pizza is amazing. For those of you from the Quad Cities you'll be familiar. It's the same as Harris. Closed Monday Tuesday but my favorite pizza on the planet. And I don't have to travel to QC to get it.
definitely gonna have to check out some of those places this time around!