Gentlemen, Can You Rely On Your References?

Can any reviews done on ECCIE be used as a reference? Perhaps that can also be an area where an OKAY is posted...if the review is linked to a lady, perhaps a lady would like to comment, even if for providers only?

All reviews are public view, besides ROS right?
Can any reviews done on ECCIE be used as a reference? Perhaps that can also be an area where an OKAY is posted...if the review is linked to a lady, perhaps a lady would like to comment, even if for providers only?

All reviews are public view, besides ROS right? Originally Posted by NeedingMore
I pondered this for a while... then threw the idea out with the trash.

Reasoning:

Reviews alone are of no use because there are instances of "fake" reviews - combine that with a review of (a) "fake" provider(s) and you have the potential for a train wreck on a provider using only reviews as screening.

Reviews combined with a poster's history on the board seems more plausible, but there is still no "verification" done on the hobbyist. At least with P411 there's a reasonable (loose definition to some) expectation that the person is "acceptable".

Good theory, tho'... Until someone can iron out those kinks for the ladies I'm happy to send P411.
There are 2 ladies I have seen that I have reviewed and requested OK's from and I STILL have not received an OK from them. One tells me to keep sending the request after the 4th or 5th time I just dropped it. If they don't want to help me why should I see them again? Luckily, "PoppyToyota" is a house hold name and most have met me already via social or privately already.
P411 is the best way for referencing by a provider. She knows that if he has oks on there and is member in good standing he should be ok to see no matter how old the oks are. I have seen many providers thru 411 and not gotten oks that were promised at the time. But I do not have a problem in booking with anyone I want to see so far.