OK, Is Anyone Else Getting Sappy With Old Age

And yes, you can hand back the grandkid, not that you want to. Originally Posted by SR Only
Well having a g-daughter in the 1st grade and sometimes having to help with homework... usually test my patience at times
Well having a g-daughter in the 1st grade and sometimes having to help with homework... usually test my patience at times Originally Posted by Exotic Lily
My four year old grandson is a HANDFUL!!! After being with him for an overnight and we are wasted. That's when we can give him back. But he says and does stuff that is amazing. Today he asked mommy "Is 'Nana's open today?" No, you're not going to Nana's (and implied "Pupa's").
I'm putting a buy in for KMB before you fella's tear up on us

Originally Posted by WTF
Sorry, I prefer Puff's. You need to buy Proctor and Gamble.
I think it's common as you get older. Part of it, I suspect, if that you become more aware of how fleeting out time here on this mortal coil actually is. Plus, to borrow a phrase, "the sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older -- shorter of breath and one day closer to death." You know that the bell also tolls for you. You've heard the angle feathers. You know that you are soon (relatively speaking) to join the choir invisible, etc. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Beautiful!!!
  • WTF
  • 02-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Sorry, I prefer Puff's. You need to buy Proctor and Gamble. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
TTH...my guess is you ain't boo-hooing enough for me to make any money on P&G!

My four year old grandson is a HANDFUL!!! After being with him for an overnight and we are wasted. That's when we can give him back. But he says and does stuff that is amazing. Today he asked mommy "Is 'Nana's open today?" No, you're not going to Nana's (and implied "Pupa's"). Originally Posted by SR Only
I still think all the Pupa's have it easy with the grandkids... the Nana's have to cook, make sure they eat inbetween playing, dress time, bath time, hair time not to mention, they follow us from room to room talking non-stop... but somehow we still miss them when they're gone... go figure
Word. Near and dear to our hearts, eh Lily? It's what makes us smile. My GS asks to "do his work" on Pupa's computer. I have a word doc with various images and shapes on it as well as he spells his name etc. He has embraced the "Leapfrogger 2" game (I think that's the name). And loves when we buy a new cartridge and plays for a long time. I know I'm giving you something new to buy for your grandkids. Please no upping your rates to cover this new "expense."
Unless you are a single Pupa.
I think he needs VNURSE for about an hour....lol
I think he needs VNURSE for about an hour....lol Originally Posted by exnykr
Works for me!
I tear up at movies, plays and when my post college-age kids do something spectacular. The SO thinks it's great (and it usually has a positive payoff). Maybe I should start tearing up when I'm with a provider....
Originally Posted by TexTushHog
I think it's common as you get older. Part of it, I suspect, if that you become more aware of how fleeting out time here on this mortal coil actually is. Plus, to borrow a phrase, "the sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older -- shorter of breath and one day closer to death." You know that the bell also tolls for you. You've heard the angle feathers. You know that you are soon (relatively speaking) to join the choir invisible, etc.

Beautiful!!! Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Well, yes. This is well written and very true (Gosh, I love Pink Floyd). Still doesn't negate the fact that I don't particularly LIKE hearing the feathering and flapping wings of angels or getting a little too close to the situation of having to stare death in the face.

And getting older is a bitch on the knees. And back. (Make all of the jokes that you wish to on that one!)

Elisabeth
Sappy, no; cynical, yes!