Rainbows and Unicorns... and a few Trolls

Many here have been accused of being obsessed with the hobby, or the board they participate on, myself included. But, really the obsession is in the negativity. So many are obsessed with it, they cannot participate without it. Drama is always going to be present; drama is defined, in my opinion, a way of saying look at me, pay attention to me. The easiest way or the cop–out way to achieve this is threw negativity. Posting provocative and engaging conversation is so much harder to do when negativity is not the driving force.

There are many that no longer post simply because of all the negativity. It is like interring a very dark cave with a tinny pencil flashlight, the light gets lost in the overwhelming darkness.

As in all ways of life there is always going to be light and dark, good and bad, but when it is out of balance, and it is here, and has been for a long time, it becomes a place of discontent and really not a fun place to be. Hopefully, the leadership will steer this new land in a direction that will bring back balance. It will take strong leadership on both sides to make any significant change here.

DM
Haven't been on the board in 4 days, and I come to catch up and find nothing short of half a dozen threads about.... well what exactly? Threads about threads... and drama and "inner sanctums"... WTF? Unless the inner sanctum is between a gorgeous woman's legs, how is it helping any of us gain better information?
Maybe it's the new year, the cold weather, or maybe no one actually has much to say, but I'll once again repeat my request for a "throwdown" forum and we can remove the referee in that area. "Discussion" seems pretty liberal definition of the most recent threads.
Worst board topic? The board.

Onceler
...the least you can do is stimulate my... err .. mind?...
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Over the years I've found that the membership make the best moderators. It's the membership that directs and drives the flow of information and conversation. The Mods are here to help with things get out of hand or if there's a problem that just can't seem to be resolved or if things get to personal.

If the members stop feeding into the chaos...the chaos is cease to exist. Don't let a dozen strong personalities keep you from enjoying this wonderful board we have. What a unique opportunity to be part of growing the community. It's like getting involved in a start up of an established company.

Stay positive folks and keep posting.

LAP
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Over the years I've found that the membership make the best moderators. It's the membership that directs and drives the flow of information and conversation. The Mods are here to help with things get out of hand or if there's a problem that just can't seem to be resolved or if things get to personal.

If the members stop feeding into the chaos...the chaos is cease to exist. Don't let a dozen strong personalities keep you from enjoying this wonderful board we have. What a unique opportunity to be part of growing the community. It's like getting involved in a start up of an established company.

Stay positive folks and keep posting.

LAP Originally Posted by lickalotapus
Thanks
1) DNFTT Do Not Feed The Trolls

2) IAATP It's All About The Pussy.
I'll take some lively banter as opposed to a daily dagwood dick stomp that I witnessed elsewhere. I'm just sayin...
Many here have been accused of being obsessed with the hobby, or the board they participate on, myself included. But, really the obsession is in the negativity. So many are obsessed with it, they cannot participate without it. Drama is always going to be present; drama is defined, in my opinion, a way of saying look at me, pay attention to me. The easiest way or the cop–out way to achieve this is threw negativity. Posting provocative and engaging conversation is so much harder to do when negativity is not the driving force.

There are many that no longer post simply because of all the negativity. It is like interring a very dark cave with a tinny pencil flashlight, the light gets lost in the overwhelming darkness.

As in all ways of life there is always going to be light and dark, good and bad, but when it is out of balance, and it is here, and has been for a long time, it becomes a place of discontent and really not a fun place to be. Hopefully, the leadership will steer this new land in a direction that will bring back balance. It will take strong leadership on both sides to make any significant change here.

DM Originally Posted by Iron Butterfly

VERY TRUE STATEMENT!
1) DNFTT Do Not Feed The Trolls

2) IAATP It's All About The Pussy. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
Excellent advice, GG.

gfe
Rainbows and Unicorns is pretty close.

This is a fantasy world. The hobbyists range from Trolls, to White Knights, to Black Knights, Ogres, to Vikings and many more. I think most of the guys would see themselves as Robin Hood, or King Aruthur/Lancelot etc...

The ladies can be Witches, Ladies (with a big L), Princesses, Sprites, Trolls themselves, etc... Most probably see themselves somewhere between a Princess and a Lady.

The problem is, we do not always live up to our own view of ourselves.

Another problem is a bit like this. A friend of mine told me that in his first semester at Law School they described the legal proffession this way. You and I are looking at a piece of paper. You see one side and I see the other. It is the same piece of paper, but different perspectives. The purpose of a lawyer (and in some respects the hobbyist to the provider and vice versa) is to bring the other party to their side of the paper, so they can see their perspective.

If we live in this fantasy world we have to get along. I made a poor decision to feed a troll in a recent thread and NOTHING positive came of it. So I will never do that again. Let's not feed the trolls, but let's all have some fantasy fun. Vikings with Princesses or Robin Hoods with the woodland Sprites.