No Hobbyists Please

Tricks. Originally Posted by ArisRose
LOL
It makes me think of the term GWC, Guy With Camera, in the realm of models and photographers. To models, a GWC isn't a photographer, just a dude looking for thrills using the camera as a prop.

So I think she, for her clientele, doesn't want hobbyists, she wants regulars, probably professional males, with serious needs to be met, and the funds to meet them, without the hobby of negotiation. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
I agree with this. Some providers see "hobbyists" the same way models see GWCs. They're good for a quick buck, but regulars are how the bills are paid.
Yes, I am new to this site but not new to the game having been 7yrs into providing for Chicago gentlemen, ladies, and couples myself. I wonder what should we call those people that seek out our services? There should be some designated terminology for this type of person specifically. A "Hobbyist" can be a number of things that are not even adult related by nature. This is just too general and people don't know what you mean when you say you are a Hobbyist. What should the designated term be?

~Golden Princess

http://latincourtesan.com

It's good to know that there are other "Providers" that are diverse in ethnicity. I am a spicy Latina myself. Originally Posted by Golden Princess

The most appropriate term is fucktard.
I wonder what should we call those people that seek out our services? There should be some designated terminology for this type of person specifically. A "Hobbyist" can be a number of things that are not even adult related by nature. This is just too general and people don't know what you mean when you say you are a Hobbyist. What should the designated term be? Originally Posted by Golden Princess
See that's what I was thinking which is why I find that phrase to be hilarious. I think even if you've been part of it only once (which is rare) ...you're a hobbyist. Doesn't have to be well informed seasoned pro but a hobbyist still. You're part of the community. There's no escape for you. (Well I'm just half j/kn about that last part...ahem)

I would bet it is a smart ploy. Likely will get more hobbiest that way pretending to be regular people to see "what she is about" Originally Posted by inctown
Unintentional effect perhaps.

It makes me think of the term GWC, Guy With Camera, in the realm of models and photographers. To models, a GWC isn't a photographer, just a dude looking for thrills using the camera as a prop.

So I think she, for her clientele, doesn't want hobbyists, she wants regulars, probably professional males, with serious needs to be met, and the funds to meet them, without the hobby of negotiation. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
Fascinating comparison

We are really getting deep into stereotypes here ....bringing out all the dirt lol

So far we have concluded hobbyists:

* actively reviews
* are on a "pussy conquer quest" to feed their egos
* know the in's and out's of the "game"
* dudes looking for thrills who prefer variety and are likely to negotiate

Does anyone have any other perspective/s? Agree/disagree?
You would be shocked how many girls love regular guys vs. hobbyist. I wonder why..
Or its a bait and switch scam and who ever is doing it doesn't want hobbiest who know what is going on. They want guys who don't do research to fall for the scam.
Hobbyists are better at sniffing out pimps.

Regarding post #20, I'm wondering how girls know the difference?
Who knows what the original ad poster meant?

At the very least, give us a link to the ad, and, better yet, make a copy of the ad and post that, too, so we can see context before the ad disappears.

Maybe someone (surely not a hobbyist!) will venture to contact the poster and inquire...?

===

To address a question above....

I tend to break "hobbyists" into three main groups....

voyeurs - meaning those who cruise the web, inspect the sites, read the posts, etc., but never venture into anything that involves actual contact in person.

UTR hobbyists - those who actual engage in the hobby but never post about it on the hobby boards.

Public hobbyists - those who engage and post reviews.

And of course, the trolls, who readily barrage the boards with posts and threads but rarely post reviews or who use multiple personas to conceal the hobbying life.
  • Old-T
  • 05-09-2013, 08:18 AM
Hobbyists are better at sniffing out pimps.

Regarding post #20, I'm wondering how girls know the difference? Originally Posted by Prolongus
If they come back frequently then she knows they are a Regular!
  • bbug
  • 05-10-2013, 12:10 PM
From my limited experience I'd say its a cheap marketing ploy to appear to others that she's not as high-mileage.
From my limited experience I'd say its a cheap marketing ploy to appear to others that she's not as high-mileage. Originally Posted by bbug
Maybe she thinks the hobbyist are high mileage, not someone who lives to see providers, and lives on the boards just someone that likes to play every now and then