Credit Cards for Canada?

Is capital one still ghetto?
Is capital one still ghetto? Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
nice bump
I never considered it ghetto. They don't whack you with any transaction fees and if the daily ex rate is 13%, that's what Cap One gives you for conversion. It doesn't get any better than that!.....
I have a Visa and a MC from them. Everything Celso says is true. They do seem to seek out people with garbage credit, one bankruptcy queen I know gets offers from them all the time. I use them for everything I'm forced to buy in Canada to avoid getting screwed on the exchange rate. I wish Diamonds took them, would save me a trip to TD bank to buy money and get me the real exchange rate.
nice bump Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
High praise from an esteemed figure, how can the day get any better? Thank you!

I never considered it ghetto. They don't whack you with any transaction fees and if the daily ex rate is 13%, that's what Cap One gives you for conversion. It doesn't get any better than that!..... Originally Posted by Celso
I've had a card with them for a long time. There a little tight in some ways but with some very friendly policies too.

Everything Celso says is true. They do seem to seek out people with garbage credit, one bankruptcy queen I know gets offers from them all the time. Originally Posted by jokacz
Everything? He is a wise man but everything?

Discover and Chase, Citi, even Amex send credit offers like sushiflip texts when the rent is overdue. They're all pretty slutty. I thought the ghetto comment was funny, I'd like to see someone say that to Sam L Jackson.
Just discovered that Discover and First Niagara have the some policy as Cap One and don't whack you with any transaction fees!

And right now the the going rates is 14% when converting USD to CAD!

Life is good......

Wish Frankie was still avail!
Last time seeing her she asked for CAD which was fine by me......ijs