Whats your favorite dog?

I am with you DEAR JOHN--I love dalmations--they are so adorable looking!!!--I have watched 101 dalmations over 100 times!!!
Dogs are my favorite pet. I think this will be a fun thread. What kind of dog do you own or would like to own? I just got a 6 week old English Bulldog pup who is yet still unnamed. Originally Posted by Al Hirt
Wow, im jealous of you.. Those dogs rock.. They are pretty high maintenece but their humor and happiness they bring as well as their personalities.. more than out weigh, in my opinion, the hassle!
I raised Alaskan Malamutes my favorite dog was a 7ft 200+lb bitch who would not listen to my ex wife at all. She would take any order from me and not budge from a spot if I told her to sit. She then got to the point of understanding my 5year old son and took orders from him. (once again over his mother) There is nothing like a 2x year old women having to get a 5year old to get the dog to stay in its pen while she fed her.
I think its a good thread. We get to see virtually a little about the folks who post on this board.

My bad ass horse Whiskey:

And, my loyal friend, Hummer....RIP in peace buddy.

I have a worthless Chihuahua hooked on GSO3.

He just recently started growling at me all of the time..........I'm just saying.

I don't know what he has to bitch about........he licks his own peepee.........why the fuck does he judge me? Originally Posted by dearhunter

He does it because he can.
Catahoula........smart, fearless, about the size of a dalmation, short haired with crystal blue eyes.......Used as stock dogs for hogs and cattle.......
I've had dogs all of my life. Each breed has their own quirks, characteristics, and of course, each pet had their own individual personality.

We had a couple of Dalmations growing up and they were great companions.

I've currently got a German Shepard (Knuckles) whose been a loyal, kick-ass part of my family for 9 1/2 years but unfortunately, German Shepards are known to have hip problems as they get older and it's really sad when they start to lose that step, and that's the path she's heading...

Several months ago, I came home to find a big ol' blockhead Rottweiller puppy (6 mos or so) curled-up at my front door. He didn't seem neglected, malnourished, or anything so I thought that maybe he was lost. I put up a couple of signs, took out an ad in the paper and no one replied...so ended-up keeping him. A few days into the deal, I understood why noone answered the ad...he is BY FAR, the single most simple-minded, goofiest, clumsiest, goof of a dog I've ever encountered. EVER!

I named him Dildog. The cute little Vet. assistant laughed when I took him in for his shots/check-up and quickly understood where the name came from after just a few minutes w/him. I'm praying that it's just a "puppy phase" and that he'll outgrow it but it's not looking too promising. He's cool though.

Best dog ever; Great Dane. These dogs have the most human-like personalities/characteristics, it's scary.

A pet-friendly suggestion/reminder to all pet owners: We live in Texas and it's a HOT sumbitch here in the summertime. It's ESPECIALLY brutal on "Cold breed" dogs 'cuz they weren't bred for this heat. PLEASE, at the very least, make sure that they have plenty of shade and fresh water.

Be a responsible pet owner.

quote]

Maybe I'm a cat person. Originally Posted by CivilBarrister
Tehehehe!! Thats a good one! I am a cat lover too. Although I have thought of getting a dog when I retire from the biz.. I love Pomeranian's,, (little poops like cats) but my husband would so kill me and I think my tough ass cats would kick it's ass!!!
[quote=AlexisSoftTouch;228345]

Tehehehe!! Thats a good one! I am a cat lover too. Although I have thought of getting a dog when I retire from the biz.. I love Pomeranian's,, (little poops like cats) but my husband would so kill me and I think my tough ass cats would kick it's ass!!! Originally Posted by boardman
I quess I should retract the useless thread comment. Sorry Guys.
I love all animals although I do believe some belong on my plate.
I went through about 20 years of having cats.
Last year I rescued what I believe to be an Alaskan Husky. Bigger than a Siberian. Looks like a white wolf. He is the coolest dog. Every day when I get home he talks to me with these deep gutteral sounds, Rooo Rooo. and he loves to howl(sing). He is one independent MF though. He'll play king of the bed all day long but throw a ball and he just looks at me like. "what, I ain't going to get that"
Pit Bulls...
Pit Bulls... Originally Posted by hollyofhouston
Can't beat 'em. Even if you do, they don't notice it. And when you cross a staffordshire with a lab you get yourself some magic puppies. The best there is.
I take in handicapped dogs. My last dog scooter, he was a cattle dog, had some sort of sleeping disorder. Now I have a 3 legged mutt thats part shar-pei and pit bull named sweetie. She has the attitude of a bratty 5-year old kid, but I spoil her. I took her to go get pics with santa claus last christmas. She tried to bite him, and when that didnt work she jumped down and pissed right in front of him. Sweetie gave him a go to hell look the whole time, but we got a good pic out of it.:>
Bianca, baby. Would you like a mentally-handicapped Rottweiler named Dildog?

LOLZ!

That's great that you take-in the challenged...or rather, they kind of adopt you. They make great companions too. So good on you girl!

Holly, PLEASE tell me that you don't go walking your PitBull around your 'hood like those 100lb punks with their pants on the ground do. You knowthe ones I'm talking about; , with the big ol' tow chains where the dog is actually dragging them around and they're trying to look all badass. That shit is SO funny to watch.

I can't say what kind of dog I have, it's so rare, you will be able to trace who I am and out me like the provider lover that I am.

But I love dogs. I love to watch cats they are so cool, but that whole cat litter thing kinda freaks me out too much to have one. I love all animals really.
LOL. I love you more each and every day, my friend!

I have SIX dogs. A 105 lb Doberman(Geneva), a 4 lb Chihuahua(Lola), and 4 Min-Pins(Vicky Lynn, Maddie, Cynthia, & Levi).

I can't imagine my life without dogs! I was always raised with them, and as an only child, they were always by my side.

My daughter is begging for a hairless cat(Sphynx) and I want to get one but I'm afraid my dogs will run the poor thing ragged. H Originally Posted by Sweet Heather
I have a Mini Schnauzer named Pepper. She is the 3rd Schnauzer I've had in my life. Schnauzers have big personalities, love attention and kids. They're very lovable. She is Ms. Social Butterfly and is irresistably cute and loved by all.

I also have 2 cats - Ginger (Chocolate Tonkinese), the reigning Queen and JackieClover (black Siamese), the lipstick kitty. Together, the 3 are known as the Spice Girls.
Attached Images File Type: jpg Pepper in Red.jpg (87.0 KB, 108 views) File Type: jpg DSC_9219.jpg (63.7 KB, 107 views) File Type: jpg DSC_9188.jpg (93.4 KB, 105 views)