RON WASHINGTON........WHAT DO YOU THINK?

But they strongly implied that they tried to get him to just take a leave of absence. They would not have done that in the event of a sexual assault of an employee. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
perhaps.. but the alleged victim is a Reporter, not an employee.. the Rangers may have tried the "leave of absence" card knowing there was just a month left in the season, and hoping by Spring 2015 a settlement could be reached.. quietly..
Do believe there is more to the story than whats being said. Originally Posted by TXHUNTER66

Amen. We cannot believe anything that comes from that front office. Too many questionable things have happened over the last couple of years to ignore them.
Pyramider is dead on. This front office is a joke. Jon Boy needs to go. I hope Wash ends up in Houston with Nolan, and they kick the Rangers ass next year.
Whatever happened, happened for good. Rangers are in 7 game winning streak without RW and 2015 lineup looks really good. May be he goes to Houston and make Altuve bunt all the time.
Good topic here. And good theories. It will all come out eventually.
perhaps.. but the alleged victim is a Reporter, not an employee.. the Rangers may have tried the "leave of absence" card knowing there was just a month left in the season, and hoping by Spring 2015 a settlement could be reached.. quietly.. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
With the recent media climate, I seriously doubt the Rangers would have come to the conclusion that a sexual assault on anyone is okay whether it's on someone within their organization or outside. Rumors and gossip are without any supporting evidence are trash.

Normally with sexual assaults or impropriety of a criminal nature, a police agency would have announced an investigation. District attorneys like publicity. Think it through.
Exactly. that is why his departure has NOTHING to do with unwanted advances by Washington; and everything to do with his wife not wanting her husband around the women he had consensual sex with (Ranger Organization employee or someone closely connected via job).

But they strongly implied that they tried to get him to just take a leave of absence. They would not have done that in the event of a sexual assault of an employee. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
With the recent media climate, I seriously doubt the Rangers would have come to the conclusion that a sexual assault on anyone is okay whether it's on someone within their organization or outside. Originally Posted by Roger.Smith
Agreed. Surely the Rangers would immediately distance themselves from anyone, especially someone who was resigning, who was accused of sexual assault. Period. That's a no brainer.
The truth will eventually leak out, it might be a while.
With the recent media climate, I seriously doubt the Rangers would have come to the conclusion that a sexual assault on anyone is okay whether it's on someone within their organization or outside. Rumors and gossip are without any supporting evidence are trash.

Normally with sexual assaults or impropriety of a criminal nature, a police agency would have announced an investigation. District attorneys like publicity. Think it through. Originally Posted by Roger.Smith
Agreed. Surely the Rangers would immediately distance themselves from anyone, especially someone who was resigning, who was accused of sexual assault. Period. That's a no brainer. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Wash resigned on Sept. 6, IIRC, that was immediately before this recent "climate change"... before the Rice video, before Peterson's charge.. and I keep reading Police, D.A.'s... not everyone with a problem runs to law enforcement to make it better.. the alleged victim is Asian, which culturally speaking makes her far less likely to report to police, especially if she is a foreign reporter.. she and the Rangers may be handling this privately, both of them hoping the story stays quiet.. of course, I'm speculating, as you are, I don't say I'm right and you're wrong.. but don't post insisting this scenario could not be true, just because law enforcement is not yet involved..
Washington will be visiting the Rangers next season regular schedule with motivation to defeat. A bluebird told me so.
so, it's Jeff Banister...

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/10...-banister.html

interesting that he had a hit in his only big league plate appearance..
Wow. I thought Bogar was a lock.
A more interesting managerial change, on this day in 1964..

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...d-shove-it.php
No complaining from players when you can't bat 1.000