here's a thought--to both ladies and gents

I thank you for your answers. I wasn't thinking about P411....good idea to look for pics there. Absolutely, I understand no emailing...But as long as we are on the discretion issue, some men hang themselves with texting, phone calls, etc. Got an email from a wife the other day. Thought it was a provider asking for a reference. It was worded that way. Turns out, the gentleman didn't erase his text messages. And guess who went through his phone?
I know I am now off topic, but guys, PLEASE delete info on your computer and cellphone!
The picture thing...well, I know it's risky. I just wish sometimes I could have a picture prior to meeting a new man. just a wish. That's all. I haven't seen any pictures on P411. Guess I will keep watching and waiting.
Be safe out there.....And guys....please remember to delete, delete, delete! leave no paper/text/phone number behind!
  • Aflac
  • 11-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Natalie,

I certainly understand your interest in pictures. However, a lady has my hobby email, my hobby phone number, my P411 profile information, and my eccie board handle - all things designed to make it difficult to trace back to the real me. Why on earth would I blow that by giving her a picture of me?

Having that picture associated with my hobby email is a no-no. Plus it can end up with a jpg pic of me saved to a provider's PC.

Posting a pic on P411 isn't much better. Although I haven't tested it because I've, of course, never accessed P411 with a provider profile, it tends to be a trivial exercise to download pictures off of most websites - even with right-click-save-picture feature disabled. (Typically, all you have to do is use your browser's view page source feature and search for "jpg" to find the URLs that will present you the pictures.) The result of that could also be a jpg pic of me saved to a provider's PC.

Don't get me wrong, it can be great when a good measure of trust develops between a particular provider and a hobbyist that can lead to a greater level of "hobbying intimacy", but a hobbyist who is interested in remaining more anonymous than not should avoid associating his pictures with this activity.

Just my perspective.

Hobby safe.

-Aflac
Not sure about P411 but I am on another site with the right click disabled all that has to be done is highlight the pic and hit ctl c and the pic can be saved to the local pc.
I like being able to walk away from an appointment feeling completely "clean", i.e. no evidence that anything ever took place. There's emails to an anonymous account, and phone calls to/from an anonymous phone, and that's it. Once you introduce a picture, that takes the anonymous out of everything. If you can tie that picture to my email, or even my p411, than you could just follow the trail and turn everything up. It takes my deniability out of everything.