Here Fishy Fishy

Red Bluff / Delta Street / Bearle Street many many times! Originally Posted by bbkid
yep, yep, Scarsdale, Algonquin. =D I miss growing up there.
I fish at the Surfside Jetties as well. I love being there when the sun comes up, especially when I have a Red hooked at the same time. I've been catching limits lately on live shrimp.
I fish at the Surfside Jetties as well. I love being there when the sun comes up, especially when I have a Red hooked at the same time. I've been catching limits lately on live shrimp. Originally Posted by Titlicker

Ive been catching the limit as well especially last week when I was catching so many I started giving them away to the people next to me I had fun that night.. Also have been catching black drum but they have to be pretty big to get a good amount of meat out of them...
Who here has been flounder gigging? Now that's an adventurous adrenaline rush when you hit a sting ray instead.
  • Seedy
  • 11-11-2015, 04:13 PM
Who here has been flounder gigging? Now that's an adventurous adrenaline rush when you hit a sting ray instead. Originally Posted by Fishpie
Gigging is a blast. But tpw now has some really tight restrictions on it. No gigging the whole month of November and half of December. The game wardens are showing no mercy either, a freakin flounder is not worth 500 bucks a piece.
Off a boat, only 2 per day
I don't mess with freeport/surfside because of too many damn bullsharks. Last time I went I had a shark take the trout off my darn stringer in chest deep water.

Sandtrout just as good to eat as speckled trout.

Big bait catches big fish. So croaker heads/body that are about 4inchs long on a 16/0 mustad circle hook will catch you anything over 30inch swimming in the Texas water.

Then again, bull reds/black drum do eat shrimp because they are gluttens. Only problem of using dead shrimp/squid is that you deal too much with the trash fish like croaker/catfish/gaftops (all bloody bastards)
Good job!
Can't beat fall fishing.
Big croaker are common in Florida.
They are also delicious. My buddy cooks them like this:

http://chesapeakecuisine.blogspot.co...o-eat-and.html
The neighborhood kids catch bass in a ditch near Memorial Dr and the toll road. I was shocked that they lived in there. Originally Posted by Sadsack
Still good water skiing in them bar ditches? I haven't seen that in a coon's age. Used to be common.
I love surf fishing ! But I hate getting out in the water not knowing what is swimming around me . Don't like being on the bottom if the food chain.
I love surf fishing ! But I hate getting out in the water not knowing what is swimming around me . Don't like being on the bottom if the food chain. Originally Posted by swarley69
Dark in the Surf smelling like bait..... You gotta have some big brass ones for that shit...
The G spot!!!!
I don't mess with freeport/surfside because of too many damn bullsharks. Last time I went I had a shark take the trout off my darn stringer in chest deep water.

Sandtrout just as good to eat as speckled trout.

Big bait catches big fish. So croaker heads/body that are about 4inchs long on a 16/0 mustad circle hook will catch you anything over 30inch swimming in the Texas water.

Then again, bull reds/black drum do eat shrimp because they are gluttens. Only problem of using dead shrimp/squid is that you deal too much with the trash fish like croaker/catfish/gaftops (all bloody bastards) Originally Posted by frankocean187

I haven't seen no sharks but Ive heard of people saying that they are bad but not near Freeport or surfside... I'm glad I never seen them they are scary looking...

Reds also like crab just fyi for anyone who didn't know
Good job!
Can't beat fall fishing.
Big croaker are common in Florida.
They are also delicious. My buddy cooks them like this:

http://chesapeakecuisine.blogspot.co...o-eat-and.html Originally Posted by Slitlikr

hmmm I may try this it does look pretty good I wonder if there is a certain size on them I will have to do my research...
I love surf fishing ! But I hate getting out in the water not knowing what is swimming around me . Don't like being on the bottom if the food chain. Originally Posted by swarley69
me and you both I cut my foot really bad on a oyster reef on san Luis pass and I have been scared since.. I am more afraid of sharks though and after seeing these big bull reds being caught in 3 feet of water I probably won't be surf fishing anytime soon. Lol