New Court Date With Failure to Appear Warrent

I know it's been a while but after speaking to most of the criminal defense attorneys in Little Rock, AR, if I show up I'll be arrested on the spot, held without bail until a new court date is given.

So no thanks. Looks like I have two choices: Show up and serve time in jail for a week to 2 months before I get a new date or keep hiding from cops.
The Eighth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution guarantees the right to reasonable bail. There may be an Arkansas law or provision in the state constitution about the right to bail. The only defendants held without bail are those charged with serious crimes who are a significant flight risk. I don't remember what you told me your offense was, but I remember it wasn't a serious crime. If you surrender, you've got the flight risk test covered. So unless the courts in Arkansas are like those in 'Midnight Express,' I think you'll be granted bail.

I think you should man up and surrender with a lawyer. "A coward dies a thousand deaths, a brave man dies but one."

Need to find a lawyer. 3 quoted me well above $2000. One said $3000. All I need is to NOT go to jail. But whatever
Nothing in the U.S. Constitution any longer has any bearing on the daily reality of the judicial process. Most judges will set bail according to guidelines and you could probably find out what it would be. However if the judge chooses to set bail at a million dollars you have no real recourse. Either way the amount is arbitrary and unlimited and likely to be high; there's a reason why one county court can provide a living for half a dozen bail bondsmen. Don't assume just because the "crime" is trivial that the bail will be reasonable.

And for gods' sake don't ever try to tell a judge you have rights, or quote the Constitution. You will get bent over like a choirboy.