Not Our Father's Party

Has the Republican Party changed too? Well yes it has. The Republican party has largly become genuinely conservative. The days when they would nominate country club Republicans and career politicians such as John Mc
Cain, Mit Romney or Bob Doll are over.
Originally Posted by ICU 812
The last sentence is not true. The RHINO republicans will regain control of the republican party after Trump loses to Harris.
It is my hope that you are wrong.

It is my hope that VP JD Vance or Governor DeSantis will succeed President Trump in 2028.

It is my hope that Sen Ted Cruze will be appointed to replace Justice Thomas or Justice Alito.

It is my hope that the Republican Party of the net few decades will continue with the America First policies and oppose the Green New Deal.

It is my hope that the US Constitution and Bill of Rights be re-embraced by Republicans and Democrats alike.

The Democrtic Party today stands in opposition to the best interests of the United States; nation and society.

If a person is a life-long Democrat, a committed liberal, a passionate libertarian or a centrist-independent; a re-examination of what the Democratic party has demonstrated itself to stand for today is in order. They should then determine if that is what they, themselves, stand for.
My father is a Democrap.
My father has dementia.

Is it a case of: Which came first or Which caused which?
My father is a Democrap.
My father has dementia.

Is it a case of: Which came first or Which caused which? Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
Trump was a Democrat.
Trump has dementia.

Great illustration. I hope your father appreciates your respectful and loving comments.

Yow!
It is my hope that VP JD Vance or Governor DeSantis will succeed President Trump in 2028. Originally Posted by ICU 812
I will let you in on a little secret, if Trump wins in 2024, there is no way in hell a republican will be elected in 2028 after Trump is done with his "it's all about me" disastrous and ridiculous behavior during his last term.

As far as the actual topic, of course parties change. Everything changes with time. Some of you old timers always want to live in the past. The past is just that, the fucking past. I don't want the past. I've already seen the past and changing to adapt to different generations is a good thing IMO.