Run For The Rose's Kentucky Derby Saturday May 5th

• Gio
  • 05-02-2012, 09:23 AM
If track turns sloppy... I will go WPS with My Adonis, who is listed as also allegeble at the moment.
If track turns sloppy... I will go WPS with My Adonis, who is listed as also allegeble at the moment. Originally Posted by Gio

Gio, I hope your not betting with your hobby money on that one. You won't be seeing any ladies for awhile. LOL

I am going to wait and see what the post positions look like after the draw today.
Well one of my favorite times of the year, next Saturday May 5th we have the Kentucky Derby. I'll be out at Lone Star hoping to find the winner. Any horse players want to make a prediction on who might win ?

I think Union Rags and Creative Cause and Alpha should all run good, but with 20 horses expected, this years Derby has a very competitive field. Originally Posted by cubsoxbull

Creative Cause has had a consistent record and always seems to fire. Alpha? Not sure. Bodemeister is by far the fastest horse but trip and post position will play a big part. The big question is Trinniberg. He has never run past 7 furlongs, and has little hope at lasting 10 furlongs, but he could screw up the race for other front-runners Hansen, Take Charge Indy, and Bodemeister. You have to wonder what his owners are thinking running him in a race that could ruin him.
Haven't seen the horse's or know anything about them but if there is a gray in the race put $50.00 on it to W-P-S OR IF THE TRACK IS SLOPPY THEN PUT $250.on it to W-P-S you will make your money back.

Next don't bet the horse bet the jockeys find the top two jockeys running that day and which ever horse they are riding bet big what is the derby like the fifth or sixth race you will have time to pick the jockey then.
  • Gio
  • 05-03-2012, 05:45 AM
Gio, I hope your not betting with your hobby money on that one. You won't be seeing any ladies for awhile. LOL

I am going to wait and see what the post positions look like after the draw today. Originally Posted by cubsoxbull
We got the post position for all 20 horses and the track looks like it will be dry and fast.
Thanks for your concern cubsoxbull, but as a man of many hobbies, I have learn a great deal of managing. One thing for sure... This weekend the only A$$ I will be looking at, it will be a horse a$$ :-). LoL
We got the post position for all 20 horses and the track looks like it will be dry and fast.
Thanks for your concern cubsoxbull, but as a man of many hobbies, I have learn a great deal of managing. One thing for sure... This weekend the only A$$ I will be looking at, it will be a horse a$$ :-). LoL Originally Posted by Gio
I dunno? 40% chance of rain for Saturday, check out those Tomlinson ratings if rain comes.
This weekend the only A$$ I will be looking at, it will be a horse a$$ :-). LoL Originally Posted by Gio
Good one Gio
  • Gio
  • 05-04-2012, 05:34 AM
Today we have the ladies in the Oaks running!!! Here is what I like:
- On Fire Baby
- Grace Hall
- Believe You Can
- And Why Not
- Eden's Moon
Alsowill play them over my derby selections for the Derby Double.

Note: Hansen had some issues on the track yesterday. The analysts said that it looked bad and verry worry about his performance in the derby. On a different note Union Rags looked sharp!
Today we have the ladies in the Oaks running!!! Here is what I like:
- On Fire Baby
- Grace Hall
- Believe You Can
- And Why Not
- Eden's Moon
Alsowill play them over my derby selections for the Derby Double.

Note: Hansen had some issues on the track yesterday. The analysts said that it looked bad and verry worry about his performance in the derby. On a different note Union Rags looked sharp! Originally Posted by Gio

Gio, Rumor has it Creative Cause might have some issues as well.
  • Gio
  • 05-04-2012, 07:37 AM
Creative Cause - True... Very true. I took him out completely.
Kind of wanting to bet Dullahan.
Assuming a good to fast track: Bodemeister gets cooked in a pace duel with Triniberg. The half goes in :45 and change. Others who loose all chance include Hansen and Take Charge Indy. I’ll Have Another, Alpha and Gemologist aren’t right on the pace, but are too close to it and become collateral damage. This leaves the mid pack stalkers and the come from the cloud types to duke it out. Union Rags and Creative Cause are the mid pack horse with the best shot and Dullahan his the come from the clouds horse. Which one gets there just depends on how fast the fractions are. But I’m going to cautiously predict a Union Rags over Dullahan exacta. Add Creative Cause to the Tri box.

1. Union Rags
2. Dullahan
3. Creative Cause

Assuming a muddy track: Dullahan moves way up. Union Rags moves up a bit. But oddly enough, so does Bodemeister. In Triniberg’s only start in the slop, he hated it and didn’t run fast early fractions.

1. Bodemeister
2. Dullahan
3. Union Rags
  • Gio
  • 05-05-2012, 05:24 AM
Isolated showers in the forecast. Track may be wet for the race. If it turns sloppy, then we have a big mess to deal with...
The track was closed this morning for training due to heavy overnight rains, which probably means the track will be pretty fast today. I'm heading to Lone Star, but some of the horses I will be using as of now are

Exacta
1) Union Rags with Take Charge Indy,Bodemeister,El Padrino,Sabercat and I'll Have Another.
1) ALPHA (Alydar bloodline)
2 & 3) GEMOLOGIST, BODEMISTER

Alpha had a rough start in the WOOD
and ONLY lost by a head to gemologist.

you heard it here first, 8-days in advance

CG Originally Posted by Copierguy0
I am sticking with my original selection.
I already made my bet
ALPHA current odds = 15-1
20.00 to win and 20.00 to place.

Good luck to everyone,
CG