What if you have a less than inconspicuous vehicle...

Think that's exactly why the post was made. Look at me hehehe!
Best advice I can give is to be aware of where the girl's incall is. You probably want to avoid shitty motels in the vagina triangle. On the other hand, there are more than a few providers with incalls in nice apartment complexes, some of them gated. Make that part of your decision criteria and you have less reason to worry.

Unless you are driving a McLaren, in which case you'll stand out wherever you go and should probably invest in another, less conspicuous, set of wheels.
If you can only afford a high end vehicle and not a second standard vehicle then you're probably not well endowed... Financially that is. Don't be pretentious.
Just don't turn on the music on the ice cream truck next time....
The OP's question is very realistic and justified. Many folk are small business owners who's car advertises their business with attention drawing logos, name and number.
These are ordinary Joe types who like most of us can only afford the upkeep and insurance of one vehicle.
When your company logo and number are plastered across your only car there is nothing paranoid about being concerned when parking outside of an incall.

To tell this guy to buy a hobby car is not only unrealistic but idiotic. He said nothing about having an expensive vehicle. He said conspicuous which could be anything from a rolling business advertisement on cheap wheels to a motorcycle with unusual adornments.

We are in a day and age where pimps (Hi Marco) actually take down client's license plate numbers for future self serving evil purposes.

I don't care how bland or attention drawing one's car is you should always park a block away and walk.
Yep. And a Vanity License Plate can make any car conspicuous.
Well, duh, if you drive a hot dog mobile or something that's going to stick out (exaggerating for the obvious arguers) - gotta take some precautions.

Sometimes a block away is no significant difference.

It does help to have a plausible story ready for anyone that knows you who might have noticed...
Yep. And a Vanity License Plate can make any car conspicuous. Originally Posted by LilMynx69
Dang it!
Anybody want to buy a car?

Thanks for the push there Mynx. You were a lifesaver when I ran out of gas!
  • onei
  • 01-20-2014, 12:33 AM
Seems you are getting a lot of useless replies. Maybe I can help a little. I once drove a car (let's put it in the BMW, Jag, Lexus category), not super high class but not cheap either. Only two times did it become a concern for me 1) when said providers incall was literally in the hood. I felt very uncomfortable leaving my car on the street, in full daylight, with the likes of some that I saw camping out in their front yards. Not only did I never go back but I cut the visit short. 2) when a friend saw my car pull into a location and he called me letting me know he saw me. I was able to sidestep it in enough of a believable way that he never questioned me again as he was not 100% it was me. Still it was my car that tipped him off.

The thought of a hobby car … get real guys. Also, I personally don't like to go to the "vagina triangle" anymore and stay away as much as possible.
Park down the street and walk. I do that, and I drive an everyday ordinary vehicle. Originally Posted by governmentguru
This is the correct reply. If you can avoid parking at the location and walk, then do it. It's what I do. Plus, it gives me peace of mind. If a lady's follow up txts or location feel "off" and my spidey sense feels the meeting might not end well, I just keep walking by like no big deal. Always go with your gut feeling, of course. But it shouldnt matter what type of car you drive as long as you think and act 1 step ahead of the game.
To tell this guy to buy a hobby car is not only unrealistic but idiotic. He said nothing about having an expensive vehicle. He said conspicuous which could be anything from a rolling business advertisement on cheap wheels to a motorcycle with unusual adornments. Originally Posted by Codybeast
Actually Codybeast you came in late and don't know what your talking about. He edited before you came in. He most definitely said it was better than a Benz & BMW, but not at Lamborghini level.
So, what does that mean? A Tesla? Leave it plugged in at Whole Foods and take a cab...
Now that we know that he drives a conspicuous luxury car not a work vehicle the answer is simple.

Stop slumming it and see higher end providers who stay in 4-5 star hotels with garages. In Houston that starts around the $350 range for 4 star and $500 for 5 star on average. Or hire a car service.
I also have a car that stand out (doesn't help that it's loud), and it does worry me if I don't know where I'm going before. In a regular apartment complex or hotel it's not a big deal, but if I'm going to a ghetto motel or low income housing I have a hard time relaxing.

I did see a McLaren pull into a low end motel parking lot right as I was leaving. Definitely noticeable.
Lots of humor and mockery here and that's OK, but the point is legitimate and a concern to many hobbyists regardless of the type car we drive. The incall and where I park is something that is very important to me. You want it to be safe, and you want it in a spot where it won't be seen or easily recognized.

If one must visit a new provider at her incall, one option is to look at adjacent businesses. If there's a large chain restaurant next door, I will park there and walk over. I prefer the nicer incall hotels. Leaving it in the parking lot of low rent apartment complexes or in the parking lot of a Motel 6 (or worse) is something I just won't do.

Another option that has worked for me in the past is to just hobby when I'm out of town and can pick my own hotel/outcall. Makes it easy.