The Price of Eggs

Hope it clears up.

Nope. he just showed what they cost in March 2020. Your post is bullshit. RIGHT? I guess you should have bought egg futures at ALDIs when you had a chance. Originally Posted by fd-guy
ALDIs had a 5 carton limit at .89 cents, so in essence you could stock up for future needs. But eggs were nowhere near the $3.09 that you posted. You LIED!

BTW, I haven’t been to ALDIs in years. Is it still a quarter to get a shopping cart? Or did Bidenomics push it to .50 cents?

Bam, just admit you didn't read the article and don't understand what's being said or the context. Those were real prices.

As real as the price of eggs behind Vance while he's lying through his teeth in front of a sign confirming that he's lying through his teeth.

Important context for $3.09 below. Be sure to show us your receipts for that week in March 2020. I'm sure that, even though it means nothing, we'll all be very happy for you that you may have paid low prices during the early pandemic surges

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Increased demand for eggs in the United States has sent egg prices soaring in recent weeks as consumers scramble to stock up on staples due to coronavirus shutdowns.

Wholesale prices of "Midwest large" eggs hit an all-time high of $3.09 a dozen on Thursday, triple their level in early March, before President Donald Trump declared a national emergency, according to the Urner Barry market reporting service that provides daily monitoring of commodity egg prices.

That could have big consequences for consumers given that eggs are an inexpensive form of protein - and a staple in some 93% of U.S. households.

Consumer prices have also increased, although not quite as much as wholesale prices, experts said, since some grocery stores have not passed on the higher wholesale prices - at least for now.

Brian Moscoguiri, a director with Urner Barry, said the current spike in wholesale prices exceeded that seen in 2015 during the avian flu outbreak and was due to increased demand.
Eggs weren’t $3.09 in 2020. I buy eggs every week. I don’t need to read your bullshit. Just like gas was $2:30 in Pa, $1.80 in Ohio and WVa. Now, it’s $3.65 in Pa and $3.45 in WVa. The simple fact is, EVERYTHING is more expensive now than 2020. Not just eggs.You can’t spin this Mr Gristle. It’s a fools errand.
Thank you Gristle for explaining this more eloquently than I would.

I am not debating any historical prices on eggs.

I made this thread to point out that
- JD Vance was holding 24 eggs as an example
- He was standing in front of a cooler selling 12 eggs for $2.99, literally right behind him
- JD Vance says 12 eggs cost $4

I am not talking about how much eggs cost in 2020 (though JD Vance did). I'm not talking about the price fluctuation of eggs.

I'm talking about Vance saying 12 eggs cost 4, while standing in front of a sign that says 12 eggs cost 2, while holding 14 eggs.
Vance was pointing out the eggs are more expensive under Biden/Harris. They are. Well, 6 weeks from today we find out if we get affordable groceries or WW3. Trump wins, affordable eggs. If not…………..
USDA 9/23/24 midwest egg prices (includes western Pennsy)
https://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/nw_py018.txt

NW_PY018
Des Moines, IA Mon. Sep 23, 2024 USDA Market News

Daily Midwest Regional Eggs

Midwest delivered prices are 68 cents lower for Extra Large and Large, 45
cents lower for Medium. Producer prices are 4 cents lower for Large, 6
cents lower for Medium, and unchanged for Small. The undertone is weak.
Demand ranges light to moderate for the moderate to at times available
offerings. Supplies are moderate to available. Market activity is slow to
moderate. Breaking stock prices are unchanged with check and undergrade
prices are lower. The undertone is about steady to weak. Demand is moderate
to fairly good for the moderate offerings. Supplies are moderate. Schedules
are full-time. Market activity is moderate.

PRICES TO RETAILERS, SALES TO VOLUME BUYERS, USDA GRADE A AND GRADE A,
WHITE EGGS IN CARTONS, CENTS PER DOZEN.

PRICES DELIVERED TO WAREHOUSE:
RANGE MOSTLY
EXTRA LARGE 219-228 222-225
LARGE 218-227 220-223
MEDIUM 202-211 204-207

PRICES DELIVERED TO STORE DOOR:
RANGE MOSTLY
EXTRA LARGE 226-234 227-229
LARGE 224-232 225-227
MEDIUM 208-216 209-211

IOWA-MINNESOTA-WISCONSIN EGGS

PRICES PAID TO PRODUCERS, CENTS PER DOZEN.

RANGE MOSTLY
LARGE 196-206 200
MEDIUM 178-182 180
SMALL 104-110

MIDWEST AREA: IA,IL,IN,KY,MI,MN,OH,NE,ND,SD, WI,WV,
western NY, and western PA

Source: USDA Livestock, Poultry, and Grain Market News
Des Moines, IA 515-284-4460 email: DESM.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
http://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/NW_PY018.txt

Prepared: 23-Sep-24 11:38 AM E BK
----
UC's additional comments:
By the way, USDA publishes numerous farm related commodities reports daily for various regions, states and national.
I happen to watch the cattle reports.
Yes Commodities, as in commodities trading.
The Chicago Butter and Egg Board originated in 1898.
Now part of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange

For this thread, for eggs, there was a temporary up spike in early September, but that's already gone.

My point being, highly accurate data is available for weeks, months and years, so it's amusing to see politicians, newsies and other folks do knee-jerk reactions to isolated events.
Before someone points out Well what he meant was...

He was...
- Discussing the price of a 12 pack, while he was waving around a 24 pack
- He said the price of a dozen eggs is around $4. This is undeniably incorrect
- The price for 12 eggs, which are right behind him, cost $2.99

Man is downright retarded. Originally Posted by onawbtngr546

I watched the video. There are a variety of eggs on the shelf behind him at different prices. One says "$3.99".

I'm sure you could pay even more than $4 for a dozen eggs if you prefer cage-free jumbos.
I watched the video. There are a variety of eggs on the shelf behind him at different prices. One says "$3.99".

I'm sure you could pay even more than $4 for a dozen eggs if you prefer cage-free jumbos. Originally Posted by lustylad
Exactly. But people in this thread think eggs are the same price today as 4yrs ago. LMAO!!!!
Eggs weren’t $3.09 in 2020. I buy eggs every week. I don’t need to read your bullshit. Just like gas was $2:30 in Pa, $1.80 in Ohio and WVa. Now, it’s $3.65 in Pa and $3.45 in WVa. The simple fact is, EVERYTHING is more expensive now than 2020. Not just eggs.You can’t spin this Mr Gristle. It’s a fools errand. Originally Posted by bambino
Wish you would read. You'd see his numbers are wholesale while you're fixated on your memory of what you paid at Aldi and using inflation adjusted retail pricing data.

The point is, Vance can't make his point without shooting himself in the foot and looking like an ass when he's standing in front of an instant fact check
Wish you would read. You'd see his numbers are wholesale while you're fixated on your memory of what you paid at Aldi and using inflation adjusted retail pricing data.

The point is, Vance can't make his point without shooting himself in the foot and looking like an ass when he's standing in front of an instant fact check Originally Posted by HDGristle
Gibberish. Vance was standing in front of the egg cooler. Different eggs, different prices. They’re all more expensive than 4yrs ago. Unless you have your own Roosters and chickens, you pay retail price. As usual, you try to make things more difficult than they are.
The point is, Vance can't make his point without shooting himself in the foot and looking like an ass when he's standing in front of an instant fact check Originally Posted by HDGristle

Except that he didn't. Watch the video again. One sticker says $3.99 and another is over 4 bucks. The people who look like asses are the so-called fact checkers.
Except that he didn't. Watch the video again. One sticker says $3.99 and another is over 4 bucks. The people who look like asses are the so-called fact checkers. Originally Posted by lustylad
Exactly, Vance didn’t say a specific price. He said “around $4”. Which is true.
Those youtube vids zoom in on the cheaper eggs ($2.99) and ignore the ones costing $3.99 and up!

Man, is this really the best the dishonest left-wing media can come up with?? They look desperate!
Those youtube vids zoom in on the cheaper eggs ($2.99) and ignore the ones costing $3.99 and up!

Man, is this really the best the dishonest left-wing media can come up with?? They look desperate! Originally Posted by lustylad
It’s all they have. People who actually shop at grocery stores know reality. It’s irrefutable. Eggs are more expensive than 2020.