Loving advice for short notice bookings

Shhhh cheater, don't give my secret away.
THIS vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Since advertising in many venues and through whatever means is deemed desirable, you might consider clarifying in all of your advertising that phone calls result in a faster, more definite path to appointment confirmation. And, you might want to add to any email or text correspondence that your availability is subject to change if you receive a phone call before the correspondent's reply and include your phone number.

But, since there are as many business models as there are providers, it is up to each hobbyist to navigate as best he can through them. It's a great thing that there are a number of ladies who provide reliable and quality service in our area. Originally Posted by Randy4Candy
as long as i know which communication medium a provider prefers, that's the one i will use IF i can use it.
sometimes, i cant email or check eccie.
sometimes, i cant text or call.
and EPA has strict regulations on smoke signals.

so, if i know what's the best way and i can use that, i'll do so.
otherwise, all bets are off.
if i get an appt, great!
if i dont get an appt, great!

anyone who gets bent out of shape cos they didnt get an appt w/ kayla should go visit her to get unbent out of shape.
I send my number to them right away and let them know I require References and ask them to call me!!
I am alone so a phone call is always better. I like to hear a sexy voice on the phone. Any one for phone sex? I guess by reading this thread every one has there own requirements. I go along with what ever the lady prefers for the first contact but from there on a voice on the phone is quicker.
I hate the prevalence of the "no texting". For one, I fail to see why a provider would allow email but not texting.

Its difficult for me to call somebody, as I am rarely alone, in business or at home. Also, I feel like the chance of somebody actually answering is not very good, which puts me in the situation of choosing between playing phone tag with a provider (chances are I won't be able to answer), calling back every time I can get a chance (stalker), or moving on. Leaving a text that she can get to whenever convenient just seems so much more efficient.
I like P-411 for first contact as the lady has access to my profile and referrals. As I answer to no one I am open for calls after that. E-mails for a first contact work as I schedule several weeks in advance. All possible as I am retired and alone.
This business is very much along the lines of first come (no pun) first served. It would seem that those hobbyist that are willing to call over sending an email will always be first served as they're ready to take care of business within a few seconds vs the amount of time it takes to email back and forth. Personally, I never call because I only send my screening info via P411 so I have no choice but to use email. But I never do short notice, I always book at minimum 2 or 3 days out.
The thing I like about texting and email is that I can go back to it for clarity - calls are sometimes stilted and awkward, and more than once I've had to call back immediately afterward to confirm an address or other info that I though I had understood but then doubted, sometimes annoying the provider. Kayla's point is sound, but I am a texter and gravitate towards those that welcome it.
I usually dont do short notice sessions but I agree totally that if you want a session on short notice, phone is the only sensible way to go. I will often PM, P411 PM and email for a non-short notice session and follow up with a phone call. Texting is the worst way to set up anything in my opinion. There is almost always confusion but I can understand using it when you are not alone but dont get upset when things get confused.
I don't do short notice, but what I have noticed, is emails, text, calls and PMs get no notice when trying to set up in advance.

Responsiveness is a huge asset, IMO.
I've always found that sending a hand written letter inserted into an envelop with postage stamp is more meaningful and romantic.
I am not always at my computer and I don't expect the lady to be at hers when I send an email. One of my biggest complaints is for a woman to have her phone turned on while in session. On vibrate it will dance all over the night stand. I turn mine off and expect the one I am with to turn hers off. The session I have scheduled for tomorrow was set up Wed via P411 and confirmed by phone today. P411 is so smooth to use and confirms my ID.
I typically choose my next victim, uh, lady, and send her a PM well in advance of when I hope to pounce. Once we get the general stuff out of the way: Yes, she will see me, confirm her general location, confirm she would be available in a window of time I like (I have an early AM preference, once my day starts, it is usually a train wreck I have little control over), then I can use other methods to actually schedule the appointment.

My schedule generally precludes last minute appointments these days, but in the past, if a last minute opportunity arose, a phone call was how I handled it. Since I typically have limited myself to one, or maybe two possible ladies, and I really wanted to spend the $$$ in my hand with that specific lady, then I just have to wait for my availability to sync with their availability. I rarely have the desire to just spend my $$$ on whatever flavor of the month happens to answer my desperate call of the wild.
Great thread Kayla!

Another thing I have seen happen is Mr. A calls on Monday to check my availability for Wednesday. I say I have Noon and 2:00 available.

Mr. A says he's thinking about Noon but will have to call me back. I say okay, let me know...

Mr. B calls and wants to book at Noon. Since Mr. A may or may not call back, I go ahead and book Mr. B at Noon.

Late Tuesday afternoon Mr. A calls back to book at Noon on Wednesday. I say I am very sorry but that time has been taken.

I have never had anyone get angry about it. In fact, most are very understanding. Just another scenario... It DOES suck to have to say no to you guys too! I HATE turning down appointments!

As Dorey said in "Finding Nemo"...Just Keep Swimming!
Great thread Kayla!

Another thing I have seen happen is Mr. A calls on Monday to check my availability for Wednesday. I say I have Noon and 2:00 available.

Mr. A says he's thinking about Noon but will have to call me back. I say okay, let me know...

Mr. B calls and wants to book at Noon. Since Mr. A may or may not call back, I go ahead and book Mr. B at Noon.

Late Tuesday afternoon Mr. A calls back to book at Noon on Wednesday. I say I am very sorry but that time has been taken.

I have never had anyone get angry about it. In fact, most are very understanding. Just another scenario... It DOES suck to have to say no to you guys too! I HATE turning down appointments!

As Dorey said in "Finding Nemo"...Just Keep Swimming! Originally Posted by vnurse
So you book Mr B for a nooner and tell Mr A it's already been had. Wednesday rolls around and Mr B calls and cancels! Your furious at this moment and grab a pool stick from in between the washer and dryer

A.) Do you swing it at the dirty clothes piled in front of the washer?
B.) Do you lean against it for support while you call Mr A?
C.) Do you masturbate and use the pool stick as a visual?