Showcase vs. Website

Not a guy, but...

Doooooon't, don't don't don't put all your eggs in one basket. I know you said that's your choice for now, but reconsider! It's been a while, but perhaps you'll remember how hard a time former members of the last largest Texas board had when it went down.

ECCIE IS a great resource for marketing, and the showcase feature is hands down the best offering I've seen for ladies on any message board. However, ECCIE is not YOUR website. You have no control over its ups or downs, and for potential clients who are not already here, it does little to help establish your legitimacy. Remember also that this is a heavily geographically influenced board; it's huge here in Texas, and is growing every day, but right now a large portion of the country has never heard of our corner of the Internet. If you focus only on marketing to ECCIE members, you will be missing out on a lot of potential business.
Not a guy, but...

Doooooon't, don't don't don't put all your eggs in one basket. I know you said that's your choice for now, but reconsider! It's been a while, but perhaps you'll remember how hard a time former members of the last largest Texas board had when it went down.

ECCIE IS a great resource for marketing, and the showcase feature is hands down the best offering I've seen for ladies on any message board. However, ECCIE is not YOUR website. You have no control over its ups or downs, and for potential clients who are not already here, it does little to help establish your legitimacy. Remember also that this is a heavily geographically influenced board; it's huge here in Texas, and is growing every day, but right now a large portion of the country has never heard of our corner of the Internet. If you focus only on marketing to ECCIE members, you will be missing out on a lot of potential business. Originally Posted by Carrie Hillcrest
CH is a perfect example of the value of a good education.
My $.02 for what it is worth. Showcase and P411 likely offers more security than a website. The website may provide more exposure. So, start with the showcase and P411. Use a website if you need to maybe reach more viewers.