OK what is the fair and proper tip for a pizza delivery person?

At sonic sometimes I do tip if they were nice or I was in a generous mood and other times I don't because I'm thinking they walked 15 ft to hand me my food? I must admit a cute sonic cardio has a far better chance then any other. So, I am biased to that!!!
I also read that as LPT on reddit the other day.

edit: russell, are u the eccie troll that is always talking about BBFS with hookers and taking dumps in public areas or is that someone else? It's been a while and it's hard to keep up. Originally Posted by Leah Layada
No that's not me. I'll certainly be trolling my fair share however.
I tend to vary my tips to food delivery drivers based on what I think the traffic conditions and difficulty of reaching me would be.

Example:

If I'm at home in the suburbs and order a pizza in the early afternoon, my tip might only be 20-25%, rounded up to the nearest dollar.

If I'm on-duty at a post during a weekend graveyard shift and I've ordered food close to the restaurant's closing or during rush hour, that delivery driver can expect a tip up to 50%. Deliveries of food to my workplace during daylight shifts outside of rush hour would generally get 25-30% tips from me, subject to the normal rounding up to the nearest dollar.

Regarding Sonic drive-ins, I've been to some that allow for the addition of a gratuity on an order paid for with a credit or debit card, though most don't. The former can usually expect a $5 tip on an order of a meal. Otherwise, my ability to tip depends on if I have actual paper money on me or just plastic.

Regarding the offer of a BnG tip, making the offer openly is definitely going to spook some guys even if he finds you attractive and is thinking about sex the moment he sets eyes on you.

Go ahead a drop a hint, but leave it up to him to pick the hint up. A little suggestive body language plus an offer to "make it worth his while" might be up his alley if he can afford to go without the cash tip. Answering the door in something that looks casual but is also suggestive & revealing would help too; perhaps a snug T-shirt with no bra underneath and some sexy panties? If you can make him think it's his idea to suggest a BnG gratuity instead of cash, it's far more likely to work in your favor.
  • Toyz
  • 06-19-2016, 07:23 PM
$5 & you should flash a tit...I always do
I tip 20-25% on any food order. Delivery, pick up, and if waited on hand and foot. People who work those jobs are struggling and I know my good tip will ensure future good service and is also appreciated by them. Plus 30 years ago I used to work for tips.