Trey Gowdy: The DOJ is screwing over Hunter Biden

Very doubtful. First offense. Nonviolent. No intent to commit a crime. Having a gun illegally in my possession for a few days is not a major crime. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
It's not about possession per se, it's about knowingly submitting false information on a Federal Form 4473 during the process of purchasing a Firearm. Most people won't lie when filling out the form but in 2019 the year Hunter made his purchase out of the millions of 4473 forms submitted almost 300 individuals were actually prosecuted for lying on the form.
  • Tiny
  • 06-09-2024, 09:18 AM
It's not about possession per se, it's about knowingly submitting false information on a Federal Form 4473 during the process of purchasing a Firearm. Most people won't lie when filling out the form but in 2019 the year Hunter made his purchase out of the millions of 4473 forms submitted almost 300 individuals were actually prosecuted for lying on the form. Originally Posted by Levianon17
There are parallels with Mike Flynn, who got caught lying to the Man. And the 455 million that Trump was fined for lying on his statements of financial condition. The banks got paid in full and knew before they made the loans that Trump’s net worth was overstated. Similarly, Hunter Biden just had the gun 11 days and may have never fired it.
  • Tiny
  • 06-09-2024, 09:23 AM
The DOJ is being validated here. Hunter is just playing along. If the sentence is excessive or unreasonable he will get a pardon eventually. But it won't be until the end of Biden's current term or after reelection. [COLOR =“Red”]The administration will want to say "see we do the crime we do the time". At least until after the election... [/COLOR]I imagine if the sentence is short or probation "the big guy" will just let Hunter do the time. Originally Posted by royamcr
Good analysis. If I were a believer in conspiracy theories, I’d say this was a Democratic Party plot to justify Trump’s prosecution in Engoron’s and Merchan’s courtrooms. Yes, Hunter Biden can be prosecuted and face large fines and jail time for something just as stupid and petty as what they went after Trump for in New York.
There are parallels with Mike Flynn, who got caught lying to the Man. And the 455 million that Trump was fined for lying on his statements of financial condition. The banks got paid in full and knew before they made the loans that Trump’s net worth was overstated. Similarly, Hunter Biden just had the gun 11 days and may have never fired it. Originally Posted by Tiny
That's really not the point, how long he had the gun or if he had fired it or ever would have. The point is he obtained it through fraudulent means by lying on a Federal form which is a Federal Crime.