Rate Reality

Hmm right for instance, taking fewer customers to maintain mental and physical well-being or turning away undesirable customers because they are very dangerous. That ... and a better service quality derived from better physique like gym and fitness regiment, intellectual expertise and specialized skills......
  • Caleb
  • 05-23-2013, 12:14 AM
This came out longer than I intended. My conclusion has been said many times before, but here it is:

Ladies: charge what you want to charge. Don't like the outcome of your business, then change your price point and/or change your service offering. Let the whiners whine. Your profitablity (or not) will be a much truer measure of pricing accuracy than the rantings of a few delusional voices.

Gents: Pay what you want to pay. With the plethera of ladies in the marketplace, what you want is available at a fair price, or at least at a price that the majority of the market believes is fair. Don't like the price, don't buy. If enough of the market agrees with you, the price will change. Still can't find what you like - get a new hobby.

Interested in the geeky support for the argument, read on...
-----------------
Having spent far too much money on formal business and economics education, I am always fascinated by this discussion. The marketplace for the independent provider strikes me as being almost perfectly competitive, hence the market will clear where supply and demand are perfectly balanced. Thus you see a prevailing rate for similar service. Without some substantive differentiation, it is difficult to sustain an above average rate.

Although there are probably more forms of differentiation than I will be able to account, some of the more obvious are things like services offered (the market seems to place a higher value on BBBJ than CBJ), comfort of surroundings (nice in call vs sleezy motel vs backseat of a car), sophistication of experience (intelligence, education level, "classy"), quality of service (full on GFE or PSE mind blowing rocks your world vs I'd of been better off with Rosy), Reliability (always there, always on time vs NCNS), Ease of transaction/TCB level, etc, etc. The more of these factors that are present on the positive end of the scale, the greater the sustainable price point. Hand in hand, to maintain these differential points there is inherent cost (the Omni is more expensive than Motel 6).

From a demand perspective, information flows freely in this community. The hobbyist willing to put forth the effort in research can usually make a very informed decision, at the very least, more informed today than in the days before the interwebs hit the scene. Like the offering, pay the price. Don't like the offering, don't pay the price. No need to bitch about price, this market is very self correcting. As much as some egos would like to believe they have the power to instantaneously shift the demand curve of the entire hobby community, they are quite deluded. Really want the power to create a "fair market"? The answer is simply to continue to share information. When information flows freely between consumers, service providers are forced to meet the market standards for service offering. If they consistently fail, the market as a whole will force them out.

Can anomolies exist? Absolutely in the short run. Information exchange between consumers is far from perfect in this environment. Reviews are embellished for any number of reasons, service failures go unreported for any number of reasons, etc, etc. In the long run, the true experience is revealed and the market corrects.

So in the end, ladies: charge what you want to charge. Don't like the outcome of your business, then change your price point and/or change your service offering. Let the whiners whine. Your profitablity (or not) will be a much truer measure of pricing accuracy than the rantings of a few delusional voices.

Gents: Pay what you want to pay. With the plethera of ladies in the marketplace, what you want is available at a fair price, or at least at a price that the majority of the market believes is fair. Don't like the price, don't buy. If enough of the market agrees with you, the price will change. Still can't find what you like - get a new hobby.
The most likely reason for complaints is they want to see the lady but can't afford her. Enough can that she does just fine without them.

We all have our financial limitations. I just wish I had Daaaaman's hobby budget. Originally Posted by OldGrump
I agree with this, through personal experience. I ran into financial troubles. I had a special lady (or ATF, as some would say) that I enjoyed seeing, but couldn't afford seeing her regularly like I was prior to my hardship, so we worked out a special deal on her rate. She actually became the only girl I saw for a while because she was everything I wanted and needed. Things were fine to a point, but the deal made me more expendable. I started getting cancelled and rescheduled on, and generally pushed to the side at a higher rate than I was before. And as soon as a conversation arose that she disliked, which I was trying to avoid, she threw the special deal in my face lol. I expected it, so I wasn't upset. Needless to say, it was downhill from there though. I'll never try to setup such an arrangement again. If the girl isn't in my budget, then I just won't see her, no matter how much I want to. Said girl is still my ATF, but the chances of me seeing her again are slim to none, and I'm perfectly fine with that. I wish I had Daaaaman's hobby budget as well lol. I probably would've retired my ATF and avoided all the crap. I just live vicariously through him for the time being.
This came out longer than I intended. My conclusion has been said many times before, but here it is:
Ladies: charge what you want to charge. Don't like the outcome of your business, then change your price point and/or change your service offering. Let the whiners whine. Your profitablity (or not) will be a much truer measure of pricing accuracy than the rantings of a few delusional voices.
Interested in the geeky support for the argument, read on...
Having spent far too much money on formal business and economics education, I am always fascinated by this discussion. The marketplace for the independent provider strikes me as being almost perfectly competitive, hence the market will clear where supply and demand are perfectly balanced. Thus you see a prevailing rate for similar service. Without some substantive differentiation, it is difficult to sustain an above average rate.
Although there are probably more forms of differentiation than I will be able to account, some of the more obvious are things like services offered (the market seems to place a higher value on BBBJ than CBJ), comfort of surroundings (nice in call vs sleezy motel vs backseat of a car), sophistication of experience (intelligence, education level, "classy"), quality of service (full on GFE or PSE mind blowing rocks your world vs I'd of been better off with Rosy), Reliability (always there, always on time vs NCNS), Ease of transaction/TCB level, etc, etc. The more of these factors that are present on the positive end of the scale, the greater the sustainable price point. Hand in hand, to maintain these differential points there is inherent cost (the Omni is more expensive than Motel 6).
From a demand perspective, information flows freely in this community. The hobbyist willing to put forth the effort in research can usually make a very informed decision, at the very least, more informed today than in the days before the interwebs hit the scene. Like the offering, pay the price. Don't like the offering, don't pay the price. No need to bitch about price, this market is very self correcting. As much as some egos would like to believe they have the power to instantaneously shift the demand curve of the entire hobby community, they are quite deluded. Really want the power to create a "fair market"? The answer is simply to continue to share information. When information flows freely between consumers, service providers are forced to meet the market standards for service offering. If they consistently fail, the market as a whole will force them out.
Can anomolies exist? Absolutely in the short run. Information exchange between consumers is far from perfect in this environment. Reviews are embellished for any number of reasons, service failures go unreported for any number of reasons, etc, etc. In the long run, the true experience is revealed and the market corrects.
So in the end, ladies: charge what you want to charge. Don't like the outcome of your business, then change your price point and/or change your service offering. Let the whiners whine. Your profitablity (or not) will be a much truer measure of pricing accuracy than the rantings of few delusional voices.
Gents: Pay what you want to pay. With the plethera of ladies in the marketplace, what you want is available at a fair price, or at least at a price that the majority of the market believes is fair. Don't like the price, don't buy. If enough of the market agrees with you, the price will change. Still can't find what you like - get a new hobby. Originally Posted by Caleb
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that we both feel the same way about TARPs and bailouts from a few years back which is: it enabled and subsidized extreme executive greed and totally derailed the natural process of a self-correcting economy. Not to spin onto another subject or anything, but seriously, I like where your head's at! Lol sort of speak.
  • Caleb
  • 05-23-2013, 01:09 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that we both feel the same way about TARPs and bailouts from a few years back which is: it enabled and subsidized extreme executive greed and totally derailed the natural process of a self-correcting economy. Not to spin onto another subject or anything, but seriously, I like where your head's at! Lol sort of speak. Originally Posted by thathottnurse
Yes. I know of no economic lever that is as powerful as the self correcting force of a free market. Adam Smith aptly describes it in scholarly form. Ayn Rand does quite a nice job in more colloquial terms. Bottom line, an efficient economy precisely matches money and derived value.
I will completely disagree with the Supply and Demand comments. This assumes that all "product" is the same. I think there is a different method such as "appropriate" pricing. Let's use Walmart, LL Bean, and Ralph Lauren Polo as an example.

I decide I am going out this Saturday night, and want to wear a black Tshirt while I am out. Going to Walmart, I can get one for $5. It may not be fashionable, it may not be stylish, but hell, I only spent $5 - and I've got more money to spend elsewhere. Low and inconsistent quality, low service, but low price. Backpage ladies are often an example of this. $ or less - and it is all hit or miss, YMMV.

So forget that. I decide I want my Black T from LL Bean. It's a nice T, but maybe not as pretty or stylish as others. But here's the deal. The service is SOOO great, I am willing to pay around $18 for a black T. And the best part? 100% satisfaction guarantee. I am assured that no matter what I can return it for any reason. There are TONS of providers that provide awesome service - and thus are very deserving of additional $$ for their service and laser focus on us - the customers.

Finally, I can grab a Black Polo T. That would be around $30. But hey, it is stylish, I look and feel great in it, and while I can't afford for all of my Ts to be Ralph Laurens, it may be worth it once in a while. This probably best correlates to those drop dead gorgeous gals - who offer pretty good service too.

And bluntly, I "hobby" at all three price points. And have similar expectations to the above. I am DISAPPOINTED not by price (I agreed to that up front) but by whether the expectation was met.
I don't see where you are disagreeing with supply and demand. The added value via service or what have you actually makes a different product. The market will bear a certian price point for the enhanced product just as it will for the economy version. It is still demand for the added value product vs purchaser's willingness to spend.
Yes, not a traditional supply and demand model since supply is inelastic. But do not forget about substitution curves.
But do not forget about substitution curves. Originally Posted by omakase
man-mades????
Geez why take the course economics 101 when you can just read this thread Thanks THN
I will completely disagree with the Supply and Demand comments. This assumes that all "product" is the same. I think there is a different method such as "appropriate" pricing. Let's use Walmart, LL Bean, and Ralph Lauren Polo as an example.

I decide I am going out this Saturday night, and want to wear a black Tshirt while I am out. Going to Walmart, I can get one for $5. It may not be fashionable, it may not be stylish, but hell, I only spent $5 - and I've got more money to spend elsewhere. Low and inconsistent quality, low service, but low price. Backpage ladies are often an example of this. $ or less - and it is all hit or miss, YMMV.

So forget that. I decide I want my Black T from LL Bean. It's a nice T, but maybe not as pretty or stylish as others. But here's the deal. The service is SOOO great, I am willing to pay around $18 for a black T. And the best part? 100% satisfaction guarantee. I am assured that no matter what I can return it for any reason. There are TONS of providers that provide awesome service - and thus are very deserving of additional $$ for their service and laser focus on us - the customers.

Finally, I can grab a Black Polo T. That would be around $30. But hey, it is stylish, I look and feel great in it, and while I can't afford for all of my Ts to be Ralph Laurens, it may be worth it once in a while. This probably best correlates to those drop dead gorgeous gals - who offer pretty good service too.

And bluntly, I "hobby" at all three price points. And have similar expectations to the above. I am DISAPPOINTED not by price (I agreed to that up front) but by whether the expectation was met. Originally Posted by dookie
It's quite likely all three of your T-shirts are made in the same sweat shop, so enjoy being stylish.

c.a.
Geez why take the course economics 101 when you can just read this thread Thanks THN Originally Posted by Thatdude
I only took macro. ...... But I did stay at a holiday in last night!! Bahahahahahaaaaaa
supply vs. demand vs. value in service

That's what sets the price, it's that simple.
At what price point would you attend Barney's pajama party?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wItg...e_gdata_player
I used to go to fancy restaurants, for the service and food that was never 10 times as good as my kitchen or the place down the street. After a meal like that in San Francisco one time a "famous person" said to me "Well, that was pretty good, especially since somebody else paid for it, but tomorrow morning my asshole isn't going to know it took a $300 shit, so next time let's just go to the deli where the beer is colder and the waitresses are friendly."

What? No Features/Advantages/Benefits bullshit in a price driven marketplace? I've seen some "I'm worth it" type comments, to be expected, but the whole "risk factor" thing is out of left field. The only thing at risk is your inventory (yourself), and if losing that, or it's ability to be active and productive is an issue then insure your sexual orifices at Lloyd's of London, don't ask your customers to share the cost of self insured risk with you, based on some patently ridiculous pretense. Supply and demand? There's pussy at every price point. A person can purchase a nice, reliable, personally satisfying "thing", or they can buy a difficult to find expensive to maintain, high priced personally satisfying "thing". Because "thing" is out there at any price point. Here's the real spanner in that quantifying process...a person can buy a Ralph Lauren Polo at Ross, TJ Maxx, Amazon or other "off price" merchants as easily as paying retail. One need only set a budget and do their research. Somebody will always have a decent sale on a very satisfying "thing". So charge what you want at the risk of being underbid by merchants of equitable product, or ignored by shoppers with a ceiling for said product. It doesn't matter. There's a manufacturing rule (myth) that you can sell 400 of anything. So if you can retire after 400, fine, if you can turn any of the 400 into repeat business, start a retirement fund.

This has nothing to do with supply and demand. There will always be horn dogs with free time and too much money, and there will always be wimmin to help them lighten their wallets. And there will always be solace for the working man, and wimmin for them as well, cause momma didn't raise no fools on either side of the fence.