Best Meal - Here in The Burgh

I’m surprised he’s still going. But Donora/Monessan is across the river from Monongahelia correct? It’s all in the same area.

BTW, on a side note, did you know Anthony Sparacino? Sputzy? He was from Monessan and a great singer/entertainer. I knew him. He would have won American Idol. He was that good. Originally Posted by bambino
monongahela and donora one same side/ galitin across the river and monessen is alittle further up opposite of charleroi
monongahela and donora one same side/ galitin across the river and monessen is alittle further up opposite of charleroi Originally Posted by chizzy
Well god dammit Choo, I didn’t grow up there. Just spent a lot of good times playing ball, partying my ass off and eating some great food. Most nights I had no idea where I was or how I would get home. But it all worked out. But I did ride my Harley down to Speers to meet you and smoke cigars and have a few drinks. And rode my Harley back to civilization ,
really? i was there a year or two ago and really was disappointed Originally Posted by chizzy
We love it, but did only discover it 6 months ago or so. Maybe something has changed? Delicious food with huge portions, cute waitresses who do a good job, family of four out the door for maybe $150. The stuffed banana peppers are orgasmic.
Back in the mid 70’s, I would go the Sweeney’s for a burger and fries with gravy. I loved that place. It was on the RT 51 side of Belle Vernon. Originally Posted by bambino
There’s a bar on the corner of 51 and 48, can’t remember the name but it’s a dive, with a fish sandwich that’s about 3 feet long.
There’s a bar on the corner of 51 and 48, can’t remember the name but it’s a dive, with a fish sandwich that’s about 3 feet long. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Sweeney’s is probably gone by now. How about Molnars? That was a popular joint back in the day.
Used to go to the rib joint while attending Harvard on the Mon. This was 72-75. There were 2 places in that patch. Molnars may be the place on 51 and 48
Sweeney’s is probably gone by now. How about Molnars? That was a popular joint back in the day. Originally Posted by bambino
Yes! Molnars is the whale sandwich joint.
How did a food post with such delicious mentions rate 1 star?

Anyone like Asian food? I don't see any mentions so far.

Not sure I will be making the trip anytime soon but I am taking notes!
I’m gonna butcher the spellings but I recently ate at Garasole. A tiny Italian spot out near Shadyside. Dianolias out near Cheerleaders Stripjoint has awesome food….but not crazy about the ambiance but again, the food is incredible.
I still prefer Capital Grille over anything for great food and service and I like that dark wood dim lighted feel. The bar is cool also.

Not sure I will be making the trip anytime soon but I am taking notes! Originally Posted by DNinja69
... Too Right, D'Ninj - you'd think me thread would be
yet-another award winning one for me, with 7 or 8 stars!

... Bambino, Chizzy and me other mates are surely spot-on
about the tucker over Pittsburgh-way...

... Ye Christ! ... Molnars on Road-route 51!
Next, someone will prolly mention Boomy's...

Crikey! ... Jerome's and Blaine Hill!
Batman sauce and the chops soaking in it!!!

I've heard blood-curdling tales of blokes there
eating the HOT foods and mopping their faces with
loaves of bread! ... While loving every minute of it!

(Hey Bambino - next time you're at Gab-n-Eat - please
give Karie a hug from me)

GLAD to see such Crackerjack responces in the thread!

#### Salty
... Best fish-frys from the churches... Any partakers here??

#### Salty

Not sure I will be making the trip anytime soon but I am taking notes! Originally Posted by DNinja69
Fujiya Ramen in Shadyside is excellent. Right around the corner from Sushi Too. Both are well worth the trip.
Texas De Brazil and Fogo De Chao Steakhouse are my two favorites. Expensive and I eat to much.

... Best fish-frys from the churches... Any partakers here??

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
St Louise DeMeralac has a huge party. Booze, Beer, Cigars and gambling. The fish and shrimp are good also. St Thomas Moore is good. The Muse Club in Cannonsburg and The Presto Fire Dept is very good.