The Art of Everyday Decadence

You're exactly right, Brit. To me, decadence is more about finding extreme pleasure in your environment... indulging in the little things, allowing yourself to feel unrestrained gratification, and truly appreciating the moment you're in.

My slightly over-the-top New Year's Day was certainly beyond amazing, but I also find extreme pleasure in the simple things - the sweetness and softness of a perfectly ripened pear, the silky feel of a creamy lotion against my legs, and the crisp scent of the city on a cool day.

We live in such an amazing world. It's easy to find bliss if you're open to receiving it. Originally Posted by Natalie Reign
mmmmmmmm.... Pear......
I can honestly tell you that unless you live a genuine authentic life and are happy with the simple pleasures that life has to offer...no amount of expensive wine, candles, cheese...or water will bring you happiness. Originally Posted by Leslie Lane
I like that.
It's 33F outside. You exhale clouds. Being absolutely still and quiet. Watching the sky go from black to blue. Leaves slowly fade from black to green. The first beam of light as the sun breaches the horizon. Total peace. Zen. The first buck enters the clearing...
im straight up all about luxurious! i even take the dishes outta the sink before i pee in it. and as far as aromas in the bedroom.......well baby im your man!! pull my thumb! Originally Posted by knotty man
I just threw up a little in my mouth...

Thanks knot.
Thx Natalie. That was a good read....
My new years resolution is to focus on prioritizing daily bullshit into classes and be grateful for the high class problems and eliminate all low class problems.

For example, being too broke to own a car is a low class problem. I don't have this problem. However, being cut off while driving is a high class problem because if I didn't have a car, I wouldn't have that problem!

The same goes for people: stealing my expensive clothes would be considered a high class problem because being too poor to afford nice clothes would be a low class problem.

If I am in question of whether a problem is high class or low class, I ask myself "Would a woman in Africa hesitate to trade problems with me?". If I believe she would trade lives in a heartbeat, then my problem is a high class problem which I am grateful to have.

I believe most high class problems are usually solved with simple management skills making challenges rather than problems.
Interesting perspective, Taylor. That is a new way to look at things.
I'm glad to see you back here.

I hope we all have a lucky and prosperous new year in 2011!
The same goes for people: stealing my expensive clothes would be considered a high class problem because being too poor to afford nice clothes would be a low class problem. Originally Posted by TaylorMaiden29
back from vacation and back to being venomous to the ladies now are ya?

Seems like you are attempting to take NOT SO subtle shots at someone else here.....

Are you trying to suggest someone stole clothes from you recently Taylor?

Because I doubt your clothes would fit the lady you have previously accused of this problem. She's much thinner and built totally different then you.

Maybe if your gonna come back to posting you ought to take time to pay attention to the topic of the thread. The OP is looking for stories of decadence..... There are other threads for New Years Resolutions.....

Your post has as much business in this thread as say... ohh... maybe a discussion about Day Care Facilities..... Post regarding Decadence or crawl back into your hole.......

because if you wanna dance here in 2011 you need to know some of us are all done with your crap...... Retire already or be prepared for the shit storm in your wake every time you take a shot at someone..... especially if they are people I know and consider friends.... I had let go and was leaving you alone until you THOUGHT I was banned and decided to go to town on me last month... Well.... You made the top of my "Saddle Her Up and Ride List" that day and no one else has come along worth playing with .....

On the subject of "class"... you already displayed your total lack of any but if you want to start a thread on the subject I'll oblige you there......
My new years resolution is to focus on prioritizing daily bullshit into classes and be grateful for the high class problems and eliminate all low class problems.

For example, being too broke to own a car is a low class problem. I don't have this problem. However, being cut off while driving is a high class problem because if I didn't have a car, I wouldn't have that problem!

The same goes for people: stealing my expensive clothes would be considered a high class problem because being too poor to afford nice clothes would be a low class problem.

If I am in question of whether a problem is high class or low class, I ask myself "Would a woman in Africa hesitate to trade problems with me?". If I believe she would trade lives in a heartbeat, then my problem is a high class problem which I am grateful to have.

I believe most high class problems are usually solved with simple management skills making challenges rather than problems. Originally Posted by TaylorMaiden29
So, I'm confused. Is this a high class post, or a low class post?
Seems pretty Low to me.....

But... If I enjoyed her posting and my response does that qualify as decadent behavior?
What about waking up to a knock on your door, with a good friend delivering fresh coffee and a morning hug?

Morning sex that renders you speechless and completely unwilling to leave your bed for an hour afterward?

Or a fresh towel, straight off a towel warming rack as you step out of the shower?
But... If I enjoyed her posting and my response does that qualify as decadent behavior? Originally Posted by Whispers
No, self-indulgent perhaps, but not decadent.
im straight up all about luxurious! i even take the dishes outta the sink before i pee in it. and as far as aromas in the bedroom.......well baby im your man!! pull my thumb! Originally Posted by knotty man

OMG! LOL How am I the only one ROTLMAO at this???
OMG! LOL How am I the only one ROTLMAO at this??? Originally Posted by KaraLynnKelley
it called "taste" baby. now i gotta get back to the trailer park and put my tires back up on my roof! yeah! thats right baby. i drive a '78 el camino....and rust IS my favorite color
it called "taste" baby. now i gotta get back to the trailer park and put my tires back up on my roof! yeah! thats right baby. i drive a '78 el camino....and rust IS my favorite color Originally Posted by knotty man
That's just F'ed up sir.