Most Miserable Cities

Chicago? I'll take some of that misery any time. Originally Posted by jokacz
It's a great city. Too bad about the murder rate and the traffic.
  • GP
  • 02-24-2013, 10:20 AM
Maybe they could use a community organizer to straighten things out?
It's a great city. Too bad about the murder rate and the traffic. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
My trick was to live in the city and work in the suburbs. You get to watch the traffic jam you're not in and chuckle to yourself.

Re the murder rate, it's black folk killing each other, and sadly, no one in power cares. That's an unfortunate Chicago tradition.
Conservatives tend to be just plain happier people than liberals are. That's seriously bad news for the left. Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
Maybe they could use a community organizer to straighten things out? Originally Posted by GP
I started this thread with the (naive) hope that we can stay out of petty ideology for a change.

Just as a wise sage from another thread said:

For those who are taking pot shots at each other What the Fuck ... Originally Posted by DDarkness
  • GP
  • 02-24-2013, 10:48 AM
I started this thread with the (naive) hope that we can stay out of petty ideology for a change. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
Lighten up Francis, it was a joke.
GP, I forgot that you are always joking when you take pot shots.
but but but errr never mind, don't want to kill this thread yet on jack. Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
What, did I not wait long enough?????
MMMMMM and why is it a shot to get to WHY????? errrrr

I do not want to get laid off. But where I at it is in the air. Nothing I can do about it. So just like last time. Look for work, and stretch my unemployment check working more for.........

They seem to be the best boss's I ever had anyways
Lighten up Francis, it was a joke. Originally Posted by GP
LOL
GP, I forgot that you are always joking when you take pot shots. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
WELL SAID!
How did Buffalo miss the cut? Originally Posted by pyramider
Buffalo blows away most other cities!!
Mooney: Are Conservatives Happier Than Liberals? | Alternet

www.alternet.org/.../mooney%3A_are_conservatives_happier_than_l...
Jul 16, 2012 – Conservatives tend to be just plain happier people than liberals are. That's seriously bad news for the left. Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
The methodology is SERIOUSLY flawed. One poll and an op ed from a think tank is hardly deep research and doesn't prove anything. It amazing to me an editor would actually let a piece like this go to print.
Evidence is mounting: conservatives are happier than liberals. Arthur Brooks, of the American Enterprise Institute, presents some reasons for this conclusion. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/08/opinion/sunday/conservatives-ar...

Conservatives explain the data by pointing to life choices. More conservatives are married and conservatives practice religion to a greater extent. Marriage and being active in one’s religion are both correlated with being happy.
not sure I totally agree

Liberals, Brooks writes, point to another explanation and that is that conservatives are essentially self-centered, tuning out the misery of the world around them. It is a matter of ignorance being bliss.
but not being a lib, I do think that is how we are seen.

from
Who Is Happier, Liberals or Conservatives? | Psychology Today

www.psychologytoday.com/.../who-is-happier-liberals-or-c...

by Arthur Dobrin - More by Arthur Dobrin

Jul 12, 2012 – Happiness is about enrichment for everyone By Arthur Dobrin, D.S.W....

or would you like the whole 1st page of my search????????
Mooney: Are Conservatives Happier Than Liberals? | Alternet

www.alternet.org/.../mooney%3A_are_conservatives_happier_than_l...
Jul 16, 2012 – Conservatives tend to be just plain happier people than liberals are. That's seriously bad news for the left. Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
The methodology is SERIOUSLY flawed. One poll and an op ed from a think tank is hardly deep research and doesn't prove anything. It amazing to me an editor would actually let a piece like this go to print.
A Conservative Says Conservatives Are Happier than Liberals ...

Here's a little better perspective on the OP Ed from the NY Times. I didn't even read this all to the end and the author came up with the same conclusion I did, that this should have never gone to print.
OSD, I expect a full retraction of your post and an apology to board members for posting such shoddy "research" and trying to pass it off as fact.
nope
  • GP
  • 02-24-2013, 12:09 PM
Jack it really was meant as a joke but if you don't want to take it that way I don't give a shit.

IJS