Discretion in Sharing of Information - Be Careful

Good thread bbkid! I'm pretty sure if aunt Ellie starts or has started registering using some of the old handles from ASPD, the original owners will be pretty pissed and make it known. So, I'll ask... Has this happened to anyone? Let us know if you're a former ASPDer and your original handle was taken when you tried to register it here on ECCIE. Also, if you decided to register under new handle, please check to see if anyone is registered under your old one.
TopCat
even if I changed my screen name everyone would know it's me because of my poor grammer, spelling and the use of "....."

What bothers me the most is people here that have changed screen names and ask me for information. I have no idea who they are and I'm not inclined to help them. Originally Posted by tbone2u
Good for your good
  • bbkid
  • 01-21-2010, 06:35 AM
Did that paranoia set in before or after you told me about that day you spent with all those "purdy farm animals," bbkid?

Not to worry - this TexasGator won't tell a soul.

Originally Posted by TexasGator
Well, it will be the FIRST time that you've kept your mouth shut about my little "escapades".
Now that we've all (kinda) settled in to this new site, I've been observing alot of info flying around, rather loosely in my opinion.

Guys and gals, this is a PERFECT opportunity for LE to further their penetration into our world. Be careful who you share information with. Just because you "knew" "Joe-Bob" and "Honey-Ho" on the old site does NOT necessarily mean that is who you are communicating with here on ECCIE.

It would be quite simple for someone to use an old aspd name and register here using it.

Just my thoughts. Probably being paranoid but thought I would mention what I've seen. Originally Posted by bbkid
Just 'cause we are paranoid does NOT mean Auntie ELLE is not lurking behind the corner with an ear to the ground and a hook in hand to grab whom she might. (Would that make Auntie ELLE a hooker? LOL).
Well, it will be the FIRST time that you've kept your mouth shut about my little "escapades". Originally Posted by bbkid
Can someone say man crush.
Leave Captain Gus out of this....

Did that paranoia set in before or after you told me about that day you spent with all those "purdy farm animals," bbkid?

Not to worry - this TexasGator won't tell a soul.

Originally Posted by TexasGator
bump
Yes this is a major concern and even if You check their references w their aspd id, who knows if its really that person, i try to ask for email addresses, and verify phone numbers as well. i ran as soon as aspd closed and reg my id, even on sites i didnt plan on using just so i know i have it.
Yes this is a major concern and even if You check their references w their aspd id, who knows if its really that person, i try to ask for email addresses, and verify phone numbers as well. i ran as soon as aspd closed and reg my id, even on sites i didnt plan on using just so i know i have it. Originally Posted by subcilla
now that was very smart
  • pyro
  • 01-28-2010, 11:33 PM
even if I changed my screen name everyone would know it's me because of my poor grammer, spelling and the use of "....."

What bothers me the most is people here that have changed screen names and ask me for information. I have no idea who they are and I'm not inclined to help them. Originally Posted by tbone2u

Also, please change your password. Do not use your old one from the other place. Let you vouch count for something. I really like the new place and it can only get better. Lets all be careful.

pyro
lol...same hear

I wonder if there is some evil genius posting as Sofia.... Originally Posted by Elephant
LOL
That is EXACTLY what an evil genius would post!
so how do we prove, we are, who we said we are? did I make sense on that sentence??
now just because someone was an asshole on the other board, don't assume he was the only asshole there, there are plenty of assholes around. and the asshole here could be another asshole, not the same asshole from the other board, now did I mention the word asshole enough times??
  • bbkid
  • 01-30-2010, 06:12 PM
now did I mention the word asshole enough times?? Originally Posted by jacksparrow
Ya, enough times that I now KNOW you're the REAL jacksparrow.
I deliberately changed my style to hide among the masses.