Drones for Everyone?

Even as a libertarian who staunchly objects to excessive federal power, some type of rule making body needs to set the rules for all the shit that is about to be flying around. I think it should be as close to local control as practical. Weaponizing them seems like a really bad idea.
It looks like you've "thought this thru." Would you care to cite the legal precedent where the Feds disallow remotely controlled triggering of a firearm? I wouldn't consider a booby trap the same thing as remotely controlled triggering. I remember during the internet startup days that a exotic ranch set up a remotely controlled gun via the internet and that was koboshed. However, I believe it was at the state level. I've already posted a youtube video in this forum of a someone who has weaponized a drone.

"Logically" thinking things thru sometimes has nothing to do with the legality of something. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Not sure what your question is. A federal legal precedent for what?

For starters, in all likelihood, laws banning drones that can shoot bullets most likely will initially come from state laws, not the federal laws - although the federal government will probably soon follow.

So, some company that wants to put a sniper rifle in a drone will challenge a state law banning such things and lose - for the reasons I cited above. There won't be a 2nd Amendment right to arm a drone and fly it around.

The Second Amendment isn't a right to ANY type of weapon. You cannot own an anti-aircraft missile. Or a Claymore mine. Or a 105 mm howitzer.

Or a Predator drone with a Hellfire missile capability. And an armed personal drone is just a scaled down version of that.