FOSTA 1865 bill shuts down Craigslist Personals

1. Most likely Trump will sign it, his status as "known hobbyist"* or not, because the GOP tolerates him in the Oval Office precisely because he will sign anything they put on his desk.

2. In the astronomically unlikely event Trump would veto it (shit, he's so stupid I doubt he knows how to spell "veto"), FOSTA/SESTA passed in the House of Representatives 388-25, and passed in the Senate 97-2. Can you say "veto-proof" majority?

It's going to be the law. You'd better hope the heavily Republican Supreme Court finds it unconstitutional... and given the clowns currently on the bench, I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Cheers,

bcg

*Sure, he pays for sex, like we do, but I think that when push comes to shove, he's not seen as a "whoremonger" (moralist-speak for "hobbyist") but as a "sugar daddy". The rich get to skate on that distinction when it counts. Originally Posted by bluffcityguy
Given the numerous ways this could be seen as Unconstitutional, I'd venture to say it eventually gets shut down in a federal court, but who knows how long that process would take. I'm the meantime it seems almost inevitable that our beloved eccie and the less so backpage will get the hammer relatively soon. We can all only hope that the retroactive portion of this amendment doesn't somehow manage to personally affect us. It may seem archaic and crude but I've began to write down phone numbers and email addresses of providers I've seen and would like to see in the future.
This is why you don't get cozy, people.

Nothing lasts forever, especially not something deemed illegal. Sex workers are third-class citizens. People care more about goats than they do us. It's nothing shocking. It was gonna happen
I knew this was gonna happen I read something about this bill months ago!
We can’t freak out!

Just keep emails an phone number
It won’t be long till anything is back up if it does get shut down!

If any needs my email or number please p.m me if you already don’t have it! You can also look on my showcase!
Figures. I disappear from the board for a couple of years and this shit happens. I can’t go anywhere! Luckily I have at least three contacts and, and hopefully P411 will stay up. Especially since two ladies here just helped me get back up on it.
This is why the god I don’t believe in made Scots. Who invented Scotch. Which may prove the existence of a god.
We can’t freak out!

If any needs my email or number please p.m me if you already don’t have it! You can also look on my showcase! Originally Posted by Nicolefoxx1
Agreed, don't freak out. I'm sure some of you already have a list of ATFs laying around
This is why the god I don’t believe in made Scots. Who invented Scotch. Which may prove the existence of a god. Originally Posted by Merlin012

Hehe it’s okay we know plenty of awesome reputable ladies aN will vouch for you anytime !
You know everyone does girl! Hehe
We will all be okay ! Just start writing down and locking your numbers away! Or emails untill than let’s play you lovely gentleman
1. Most likely Trump will sign it, his status as "known hobbyist"* or not, because the GOP tolerates him in the Oval Office precisely because he will sign anything they put on his desk.

BCG, that statement above in all seriousness, i think you are dead on. My comment that Trump would sign it because he is a known hobbyist was tongue in cheek. I couldnt resist. I am not going to comment on the rest of your post because suffice it to say, your views and mine are vastly different.
I like winning, and even after the correction i still get a boner when i pull up my IRA 401k and brokerage statement. I just happen to like pro business and pro growth policies. Thats all. No need to comment further. Why screw up the fun on a monger board with a bunch of political rhetoric??? I didnt think so.
We can’t freak out!

If any needs my email or number please p.m me if you already don’t have it! You can also look on my showcase! Originally Posted by Nicolefoxx1
I have a new phone number I will share with those I've been in contact with in one form or another. And my email address. I'll prolly just use an excel spreadsheet unless someone has a better idea, Im open.
Haha nice didn’t think bout that one! An yeah your back on here lol
Here's something interesting...you now have to be 21+ to be a verified provider. I don't think that was a rule before. Also, I've heard elsewhere on the board that eccie was closing accounts of providers below 21 years of age. That might give some clue as to their intent. Why change policies if you don't intend to be around? I'm not saying it necessarily means anything, just that it's interesting.

Backpage is clearly target #1. They are already in legal hot water anyway (which in itself indicates no new law was needed). I think the ex post facto (retroactive) provision in the SESTA portion of the SESTA-FOSTA "Frankenstein" bill was aimed squarely at BP, because they want to be able to prosecute BP as it was before rather than as it is now, after all the changes they made.

After Backpage, TER is the obvious target. They are way larger than eccie and really the only site other than BP with any real national footprint that I'm aware of. TER shutting down their US ad forums seems telling that they are getting ready to be a target.

Of course that could all be wishful thinking and the .gov could just seize domains of a bunch of sites to shut them down at once, like they've done with piracy sites at least a couple of times. Who knows.

It might be possible that eccie's owners see this as a growth opportunity, if they think the law is going to be challenged and not enforced during legal challenges. If no one can advertise on TER, maybe they go looking for somewhere else to advertise.

Just some thoughts. It is certainly a possibility that eccie closes up shop, but it seems a little premature to assume that.

Here's the VP process as currently written. It's been a while since I've looked at it but I don't remember ever seeing the over 21 thing before, and certainly haven't heard of under 21 accounts being closed until very recently.

Ladies, you may post a weekly ad in this section once you have been upgraded to Verified Provider.

Submit your info to the staff at arkansas@eccie.net (PM directly to one of the Arkansas moderators is usually faster)

1. website address (your website or advertising site)
2. referral from another provider or hobbyist
3. links to reviews from recognized members (any site)

Any combination of the above requirements which will sufficiently establish you as a legit provider will be accepted.

In addition, you must submit proof to eccievp.verify@gmail.com that you are 21 or over to become a Verified Provider on Eccie. We require a photocopy of your Drivers License and/or state issued ID and your location. Your real name and address should be hidden, but your birth date and photo must be visible, along with your user name. We also need a close up picture of your face with you holding up the license or ID next to your face. Proof of age WILL be requested of ANYONE seeking VP status, regardless of their stated age. Please submit your information separately from the info you sent to your local staff for verification.

The verification process could take 24-48 hours.
That is good though! To absolutely make sure everyone is of age!
Its gonna be a bumby ride for us ladies !
Yes it is ! Summer we just need to prepare now! an start booking an pre screening now!
It’s all going to be calls from now we can do this ladies ! It’s just a little bump in the road!