Canada Closed

Looks like the border will be closed for at least another 30 days. Originally Posted by uconsumer11
And after watching all the chaos going on down here, they are afraid to let us in!.....LOL
Really hope border opens up June 21 or sooner.....
Even if it opens things will be tight I'm sure. They will be tougher than they normally are.
Really hope border opens up June 21 or sooner..... Originally Posted by Zollner
Me too, but not holding my breath. The attitude in Canada appears to be the longer the better.
It needs to open up... I found one on Twitter in Ottawa I'm eager to meet.
Sure hope so. See one I had a blast with a couple months ago is back in the Falls.
June 22 is the date US is hoping to open the border but Canada is not so sure and seems to be in no hurry and may delay on that date.
Maybe the 2 Countries can work it like a prisoner exchange. We let in one Canadian and they let in one American. etc etc

The New York State border area could work it like they're working the toll booths. To limit exposure risk they could have unmanned border agent "booths". A couple weeks after you cross the border you get a questionnaire in the mail asking the pertinent questions. The questionnaire would be sent to the address based on the photo of your vehicle license plate.
Maybe the 2 Countries can work it like a prisoner exchange. We let in one Canadian and they let in one American. etc etc

The New York State border area could work it like they're working the toll booths. To limit exposure risk they could have unmanned border agent "booths". A couple weeks after you cross the border you get a questionnaire in the mail asking the pertinent questions. The questionnaire would be sent to the address based on the photo of your vehicle license plate. Originally Posted by woodywouldpekher

Or I'll say I'm going to a protest, since social distancing doesn't seem to matter when protesting?
I predict it wont open til August. That seems to be what the radio stations in Toronto are kinda guessing on more normal easing
  • oklib
  • 06-08-2020, 11:33 AM
I am hearing two weeks tourist season. Prime Minister and Trump want to get revenue.
Hope you are right : )
I think some sort of easing will happen in June, tourism and border economy. Niagara Falls is getting crushed.
I think some sort of easing will happen in June, tourism and border economy. Niagara Falls is getting crushed. Originally Posted by uconsumer11
Well, that sounds reasonable. But the question begs...WHY is NF special? Every tourist town is getting crushed. Every damn one. From big cities like NY and Paris to small towns in the Catskills that depend on trout fishermen. They are all dying.

fuckin Roo....