i knew we were fucked over global warming. but i never thought it would happen this fast..

• pxmcc
  • Yesterday, 08:16 PM
Px,
So the cycle is melt the ice, flood the earth, drown the humans, ice starts to freeze again at the poles, humans slowly recover, humans heat up world again, ice melts, dejavu over and over...
If humans can actually get off planet will they do same to other worlds?? Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
hilarious..

well the good news is you got some negative feedback loops in there. you know, the good kind..
Good issue to discuss rationally if possible ( rarely done). The thing I would be curious to hear opinions on is the idea that it does not matter what the rest of us do if the 2 biggest population centers ( India & China) continue to lead with the worst pollution behavior. True or not ? If true we are f’d because they both do what they want and could care less about “ the team”.
... I would be curious to hear opinions on is the idea that it does not matter what the rest of us do if the 2 biggest population centers ( India & China) continue to lead with the worst pollution behavior. ... Originally Posted by michaelrayab
Exactly.

Regardless of what anyone does, it's clearly time to go out and find another planet to completely consume. Then another.
we're the second biggest polluter after China, so what we do matters. also, we can negotiate binding bilateral treaties with China and India.

i'm in favor of a carbon tax. first, because it goes right to the problem. second, it incentivizes use of EVs and alternative energy sources. third, we can use it to get our deficit to zero and start paying off our debt. our debt situation is as dire as our climate situation.