Ted Cruz' dad entered US illegally

I respect your opinions, you know that. But, you're wrong on this one. Cruz is a dangerous opportunist. Shouldn't be allowed to capitalize on fantasy lies about his families ties to the US, especially in light of his opposition to reasonable immigration reform.

NY'er, he's a nut. I'm very surprised you're offering supportive arguments for him. Originally Posted by timpage
I don't agree with his positions on everything, including immigration reform. In fact, I don't even know his positions on a lot of things.

But Democrats are overreacting to him as badly as Tea Party types overreact to Obama. It is an unthinking, visceral hatred.

Cruz is not nuts. He is highly partisan and doesn't go along to get along, which scares Democrats.

I think the Dems are also scared of him because he is highly intelligent and a good debater. He was magna cum laude and law review editor at Harvard law. The Democrats have gotten used to lampooning the likes of Perry, Bachmann, and Dubya. That won't happen with Cruz.

And he is a conviction politician - at least more so than most. Two of the more outrageous subsidies in the agricultural budget are ethanol and sugar. Despite his attempts to capture Tea Party sentiment, Marco Rubio voted for sugar subsidies. He could not stand up to the sugar can growers in Florida - his constituents. On the other hand, Cruz voted against the subsidy, despite the large amount of sugar beet farming done in Texas. That also scares Democrats.

So, while I may not buy everything he is selling, I am amused by the apoplexy he is inflicting on the many on the left.

Look into my avatars "eyes"....... Originally Posted by timpage
Kind of difficult.

Her "eyes" are, uh... what's the opposite of cross-eyed? Like where ones points out a little to the left and one points out a little to the right?
No, they are reacting to Cruz like the reacted (and continue to react) to Sarah Palin. They are afraid. That is all there is to it. They are so afraid because Palin and Cruz are effective and can get the conservative message out there. Now some morons will look for anythink in their lives (including their relatives) to attempt to take them down.
No, they are reacting to Cruz like the reacted (and continue to react) to Sarah Palin. They are afraid. That is all there is to it. They are so afraid because Palin and Cruz are effective and can get the conservative message out there. Now some morons will look for anything in their lives (including their relatives) to attempt to take them down. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
We're going to have to agree to disagree about there being anything in common between Ted Cruz and the big-boobed nimrod from Alaska.
  • CJ7
  • 06-21-2013, 02:18 PM
We're going to have to agree to disagree about there being anything in common between Ted Cruz and the big-boobed nimrod from Alaska. Originally Posted by ExNYer
agreed.. Ted Bachmann on the other hand ..

No, they are reacting to Cruz like the reacted (and continue to react) to Sarah Palin. They are afraid. That is all there is to it. They are so afraid because Palin and Cruz are effective and can get the conservative message out there. Now some morons will look for anythink in their lives (including their relatives) to attempt to take them down. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

That would be like being afraid of Laurel and Hardy