Fast Cars

Save the high speeds for a closed course.
Had a relative accelerate to 140+mph in a HOA neighborhood.
Thought he was an idiot for that. But than we took the corvette lingenfelter out on the road.
Of course, hence my Avatar selection.

I've been a sports car freak for YEARS, lived and driven in Germany on the wonderful Autobahns, and have an affinity and a "need for Speed"!!

My land speed record is roughly 165 mph in a BMW M3.

I am also a Driving Instructor, do several Trackdays, SCCA, and other events, and a member of a private racetrack in the area, where I blast around in my own cars and instruct others on driving techniques. Tremendous fun!!
BLM you don't need a ground up custom build to have a really fast car. try an audi r8, it will do over 200mph with no modifications
I never worry about myself. It’s always the idiot driving next to me. That is why it’s not good to go certain speeds with cars around you.
I’ve only been in 4 accidents in my 30 years of driving and 3 were from getting rear ended sitting at a red light or traffic. The other was from some idiot backing down a parking lot looking for a parking spot.

Some cars are safer than other at high speeds. My everyday driver I wouldn’t go past 120. Some cars have better stability at high speeds better stopping distance etc.
Yup a lot of good drivers out there however there's a lot of IDIOTs that shouldn't be driving out there
  • oeb11
  • 10-25-2018, 09:25 AM
Gentlemen- it is stupid to drive at excessive speeds on public highways. You put yourselves at risk- I do not care - but you also put innocent civilian drivers at risk- drivers who do not expect nor understand the closing speeds of such driving. I do not care if you kill yourself - it is immoral, unethical, and inappropriate to put others at risk. You get into an accident at that speed - you are likely dead - along with an innocent victim(s).

That is murder!
You are in non-competition cars without safety such as roll cage, six point harness, and helmet with HANS device. You are asking for a disaster.
Either do this type of driving in Germany on the autobahn where is it expected and legal,. or take a racing school and do it on the track in a race car.
Me- 20 years of open cockpit sports car amateur/pro racing with 3 series championships and two seconds, and a successful Indy car test day.

Please carefully consider how dangerous this behavior is - You put innocent drivers at severe risk.
Put a chip in my S55 AMG a few years ago and had it to 190 until I couldn't stand the smell any more.

Shit my pants.

Tore the rear end out of it one day and that's all she wrote.

Cheers
I have a BMW M5 and would love to occasionally open the throttle on 600+ hp, but would not for anything do so on a public road. Not at speeds well in excess of 100 mph, anyway.

Are there any tracks within an hour or so drive of the Metroplex where you can play with such toys? There's one near Cresson (SW of Fort Worth), but the course looks pretty short and the turns tight. What about the track called Eagle's Canyon NW of Denton? Anyone tried it? Any other recommendations?
I'm not a car guy but this looks like stupid fun.
https://www.tesla.com/roadster
Fast Driver (SchnellerFarhrer)- The autobahn is fun. But there is a reason they limit cars in Europe to 155 miles an hour. I20 is a stupid place to red line. How many people have flipped on the dips and rises? If you can afford it take it to the track. If not just kill yourself not others.
Have a Challenger Scat Pack Shaker 392 SRT. Love to leave annoying drivers in my rear view mirror. 0-60 in 4.2 s from the line.
  • ap2
  • 10-29-2018, 11:00 AM
I see the vetts, mustangs, hellcats or whatever wannabe car try to entice me to race them in my koenigsegg agera r. Save your gas, 0-60 2.6 seconds. Top speed 273 tested on the Nuremberg.
  • Crock
  • 10-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Are there any tracks within an hour or so drive of the Metroplex where you can play with such toys? There's one near Cresson (SW of Fort Worth), but the course looks pretty short and the turns tight. Originally Posted by Ex-CEO
I've been there a couple of times to rent cars. I don't have much to compare it to, but it was fun being able to really open it up. I drove on a long track and a short track (the long one consists of most of the short one). The long one was over 3 miles long, the short one was just over a mile and a half long. Nice mix of turns and straightaways. I had fun.

Ah, found this. The long track is made up of two shorter tracks: https://www.motorsportranch.com/3-1-mile-road-course/

Top speed 273 tested on the Nuremberg. Originally Posted by ap2
Have a Challenger Scat Pack Shaker 392 SRT. Love to leave annoying drivers in my rear view mirror. 0-60 in 4.2 s from the line. Originally Posted by Occulariam
Ewww I am so impressed
  • BLM69
  • 10-29-2018, 03:58 PM
I'm not a car guy but this looks like stupid fun.
https://www.tesla.com/roadster Originally Posted by hangryhip
This is the future of cars once they become more affordable