Astros

Houston is slightly favored and Vegas is being cautious on the betting lines.

But, unless Houston pitching takes care of Philly batting, it can easily be Philly.
And, Houston needs to up their RBI mechanics as they are behind Philly in the runs per game stats.
  • bbkid
  • 10-27-2022, 04:03 PM
.....They are going to have to put some runs on the board against the Phillies. That means that there needs to be some consistency from the top of the order. Originally Posted by boardman
^^^ This!
See y'all tomorrow night. Vic and Anthony's (I'll be the guy wearing the Astros jersey) at 4:00, then over to MMP. Can't wait.
^^^ This!
See y'all tomorrow night. Vic and Anthony's (I'll be the guy wearing the Astros jersey) at 4:00, then over to MMP. Can't wait. Originally Posted by bbkid

Have a good time ole buddy. I will be doing my best Al Bundy by watching the game from the couch, one hand down the front of my pants.
  • 500sl
  • 10-28-2022, 04:06 AM
Houston is slightly favored and Vegas is being cautious on the betting lines.

But, unless Houston pitching takes care of Philly batting, it can easily be Philly.
And, Houston needs to up their RBI mechanics as they are behind Philly in the runs per game stats. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
#bangthecans…. Let’s Go Astros…
Gotdammit Astros!!

You blow a 5-0 lead to lose 6-5 in 10 innings!

As UC said, they need to up their RBI mechanics or they’ll wind up losing to the underdogs for the THIRD FUCKING TIME!!!

Astros don’t get any respect as it is because of the cheating scandal. And I saw a graph online that said around 75% of the country wants the Phillies to win. That’s kinda fucked up. Another fact is the the Astros have NEVER won a Game 1 in the World Series.

C’mon Astros, get your shit together!!
  • bbkid
  • 10-29-2022, 12:40 PM
Lots of "if's", but the biggest one: If JV catches that liner and gets the double play, inning over!
That one play was the "break point".

Had a great time - but traffic was horrible. I'm going even earlier today and try and get inside before it gets too bad.
Gefesselt
Altuve hat seine Schaukel gefunden.... Vielleicht.... Hoffentlich
Framber hat Framber-Sachen gemacht
und JETZT müssen wir uns mit Maldonado befassen, der einen illegalen Schläger benutzt
: Tied up
Altuve found his swing.... Maybe.... Hopefully
Framber did Framber things
& NOW we have to deal with Maldonado using an illegal bat. :
  • bbkid
  • 10-30-2022, 10:29 AM
Yeah, and the Machete is SUCH an offensive threat.......
I think we've had this discussion before somewhere. John Smoltz might just be the best analyst on TV. I haven't watched Peyton and Eli so can't comment on them.
Smoltz has knowledge of the game, the games within the game and mechanics both pitching and hitting that only someone with his years of experience can have. What he does so well is explain things in a way even someone who knows very little about baseball can understand. Makes me wonder what kind of manager he would have been.

I saw where someone was questioning Framber's handling of the ball between pitches. It's not something new. He has the same routine just like every other pitcher. Umpires check their hands. People just aren't going to ever let it go.
  • bbkid
  • 11-02-2022, 06:42 AM
^^^ Good point, sir! Smoltz was able to dissect hitters when he was pitching and does the same way with his announcing. Truly enjoy him. So good NOT to have to listen to Joe Buck.

McCullers just didn't have it last night. That's baseball.

But, Dusty is getting Musty.....
Should have pulled him after the 2nd home run. Certainly after the 3rd. It's the world series, no room for a long leash in the world series or playoffs. Although this time it didn't matter because we scored a big ZERO runs.
Unfortunately we are down to Philly 2-1 Houston in the series where we should have been up Houston 2-1 Philly
I hope I'm wrong but I believe dustys decision to leave Verlander in game 1 have cost us the world series I understand our offense has to produce but when you blow games your supposed to win it leads to dire situations that the Astros may not overcome
I hope I'm wrong but taking pitchers out in the world series to preserve runs can be as valuable as scoring dusty doesn't see that apparently
This is just my opinion
  • 500sl
  • 11-02-2022, 07:12 AM
you gotta bang the cans man
Quoting myself from above:
... But, unless Houston pitching takes care of Philly batting, it can easily be Philly... Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
majorjones was correct at post 26. Should have pulled the pitcher.
I can understand the manager wanting to save his pitching staff from being torn through jeopardizing the entire series, but, giving up a world series game ?
Totally concur about pulling McCullers; should have happened much sooner. Would not have mattered since we put up the big goose egg. It sure seemed like they figured something out about McCullers. I don’t know if he is tipping off certain pitches or what, but it appeared that the Phillies knew something.