4 Years of Trump Resulted in Democratic Control of House, Senate and Presidency

Some have "got " what they wanted get ready for higher tax s and lock down and where's your covid 1984 papers
It's simply the swing of the pendulum in the political world.
Obama decimated the dems during his 8 years.
Voters are a fickle beast. Originally Posted by eccielover
Agree.
And the pendulum swings far away from whomever requests a tax increase.
Some have "got " what they wanted get ready for higher tax s and lock down and where's your covid 1984 papers Originally Posted by rexdutchman
If anyone will benefit from a return to civility in this nation it will be the intellectually challenged.

Meanwhile, what the fuck are COVID 1984 Papers?

• Tiny
  • 01-07-2021, 10:04 AM
Was it a repudiation of Trump, Trumpism or Republicans? Originally Posted by 1blackman1
It was a repudiation of Trump, Trumpism, and politicians who don't have the backbone to stand up for what's right. If Trump had chosen to run as a Democrat and became president, you wouldn't have seen much difference in what we've seen happen since election day.

In other parts of the world you have populist, totalitarian-minded politicians on the right and on the left who get a large part of the population to support them through their demagoguery. For every Viktor Orban there's a Hugo Chavez.

There were some Republican heroes. I'll add Pat Toomey to the list. He's shown himself in recent days to be a strong defender of liberal democracy.
I don’t disagree. I suspect that there will be a shift in the Republican Party. Just not sure to what. Traditional republicans (whom I don’t have a disdain for) might be able to make a go back but I suspect that the Cruz, Hawley, Johnson, Blackburn Tuberville group will try to be trumpist but will find that’s a hard path and likely will require them acting more snd more an ass.

The question will be whether 22s primaries will being in real republicans or trump lite republicans.
Trump pissed off alot of people along the way.

I pointed this out in some of my early fall posts.
He would do things that his base would love cause they liked to goose the Dems. He overplayed his hand.
But I said it would come back to haunt them. A backlash.

That's what happened.

Then yesterday Trump "Overcooked" his rally and then he turned them loose.

And the Optics of his crowd rolling through the Capitol Bldg. were horrible.

So that did Trump in. He will never ever be a serious political force again.

He drank too much of his own Kool Ade , overplayed his hand , overcooked his rally and that's it.
  • Tiny
  • 01-07-2021, 12:21 PM
I don’t disagree. I suspect that there will be a shift in the Republican Party. Just not sure to what. Traditional republicans (whom I don’t have a disdain for) might be able to make a go back but I suspect that the Cruz, Hawley, Johnson, Blackburn Tuberville group will try to be trumpist but will find that’s a hard path and likely will require them acting more snd more an ass.

The question will be whether 22s primaries will being in real republicans or trump lite republicans. Originally Posted by 1blackman1
I'd be tempted to contribute to the political campaigns of any small government, traditional Republicans who challenge Cruz, Hawley or Tuberville in the primaries. Blackburn came to her senses and voted to uphold the electoral votes. Johnson is a disappointment. I used to like him, before he got on the Trump train. I almost fired off a donation to Raffensperger, the Georgia secretary of state, a few days ago but figured better to wait until he decides whether he'll actually run for re-election.

The Trump clan (Donald, Eric, Donald Jr.) have threatened to go after Republicans who didn't vote with them yesterday. Eric in particular said he was going after "disloyal" Republicans when primaries come around. They're going to have a substantial war chest to support these efforts, drawn from money leaked off of contributions to what was supposed to be Trump's legal expenses to overturn the election.

I sincerely hope the "Trump seal of approval" will be anathema to Republicans running in 2022.
Stu Varney says Trump “cannot come back from” from the Capital Hill attack. He will “forever be linked” to it. Varney was a ardent Trumpy. He also said that by claiming he won “he isn’t condemning violence” and is trying to justify it. Varney clearly is turning his back on him.
  • Tiny
  • 01-07-2021, 12:23 PM
Stu Varney says Trump “cannot come back from” from the Capital Hill attack. He will “forever be linked” to it. Varney was a ardent Trumpy. He also said that by claiming he won “he isn’t condemning violence” and is trying to justify it. Varney clearly is turning his back on him. Originally Posted by 1blackman1
Good
  • Tiny
  • 01-07-2021, 12:29 PM
Trump pissed off alot of people along the way.

I pointed this out in some of my early fall posts.
He would do things that his base would love cause they liked to goose the Dems. He overplayed his hand.
But I said it would come back to haunt them. A backlash.

That's what happened.

Then yesterday Trump "Overcooked" his rally and then he turned them loose.

And the Optics of his crowd rolling through the Capitol Bldg. were horrible.

So that did Trump in. He will never ever be a serious political force again.

He drank too much of his own Kool Ade , overplayed his hand , overcooked his rally and that's it. Originally Posted by sportfisherman
Trump went bat shit crazy after the election. It culminated yesterday with the defeats suffered by the Georgia Republicans that he knowingly or unknowingly engineered, and the out-of-control rally.

According to leaks, Trump did not want to send in the National Guard yesterday. Pence and the Pentagon made that happen.
Never has the curtain fallen so hard on a politician. Any hope Trump had to continue his political career was just extinguished. Oh, he'll still have plenty of followers and supporters but he'll never appear on another ticket so that won't matter. The people who make nominations possible, won't go near him with a ten foot pole. But then...... I've been wrong before.
It was Trump, and Trumpism. Republicans gained seats in the House. But Idiots like Perdue and Loeffler, who refused to say Trump didn't win re-election, and who sucked Trump's dick at every chance, paid for it.

Trump literally surrendered any accountability for Covid, last May, when he told the States to deal with it. He won't even speak about the pandemic, other than to tell us not to let it dominate our lives, while making a Mussolini-like gesture. His final 9 months have been the worst of any President in history. He remains a Fucking Narcissist who will fuck over anyone who doesn't give him blow jobs. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
I already think you're a fool now. You don't have to try so hard to prove it.
Trumpy just made the gop look like the corrupt gop.
When you expose the shit under the dirt they need to cover it up again.

They divided the country and liberal lap dogs licked it right up
His fucking kids are not going to go after anybody they will find they cant do it form fucking jail,
You may also never see a republican president again after the shit show he run for the last 4 years