Over used and used very incorrectly word. Fetish

Editing your original post in response to other's arguments against it is bullshit. It fucks up the whole thread.
Editing your original post in response to other's arguments against it is bullshit. It fucks up the whole thread. Originally Posted by TheBizz
Bullshit?

Taking credible replies and correcting my post to AGREE with what was said is bullshit?

I went back and read what some said and then my original post and found that my original post needed to be fixed because how I said what I was thinking was not expressed in such a manner as to engender a good topic.

A DISCUSSION board should allow a person to change their mind and if within the time limits of the board software, why is it bullshit to correct something?

Not sure how AGREEING with some credible posters who brought me up short for how I said something and going back and editing it would be contrary to a SHMB function?
There, I stayed on topic in the face of obvious distraction from Kayla. Originally Posted by Boltfan
And your posts made me re-think how I started the thread and caused me to re-write portions of the initial post.

Thanks

Making it easier for all to keep on topic I hope.
EDIT TO ADD:
There's a link in the Request forum right now where a guy wants to give a Golden Shower.
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=271885
THAT is a fetish and any provider who understands that piss is sterile and is not afraid of this could easily do that and then shower normally and be on the way.

That's a good example of what a fetish request truly is. Originally Posted by LazurusLong
Good ole SP didn't think it was a fetish, hehe.

LL, outside of Dallas Eccie, many of the things you post ARE considered a fetish. Yes, I agree, a lady who advertises GFE but considers BBBJ a fetish may get a rude awakening from reviewers on this board but in the broad sense a fetish can encompass a wide range of activities. Per Bubba's post, greek is most definately a fetish and a taboo one at that as it is technically an illegal activity even between consenting adults. Oral activities are a "sin" to many hence why they might consider them a fetish.

You can take it as you wish but I don't believe you can say fetish is used wrong when describing a non standard act of sexual intercourse.

How many wives of our fine gentlemen here would consider bbbj a special request and that their husband has a fetish for wanting such an act? Don't be so absorbed in this thing of ours to believe that our opinion is always the standard opinion. We are a bunch of jaded fucked up derelicts here.
Well, actualy, greek would be a deviant behavior but not a fetish unless it becomes a compulsve behavior. I guess we use fetish incorretly because it sounds nicer than calling someone a deviant.
I am a deviant, I admit.
And your posts made me re-think how I started the thread and caused me to re-write portions of the initial post.

Thanks

Making it easier for all to keep on topic I hope. Originally Posted by LazurusLong
Why would anyone who consistently offers himself approbation for his superior intellect need to re-edit a post that theoretically should have been reflective of his original thought?
Editing to revise the premise after seeing multiple replies and realizing the folly of your original thought is at the least disingenuous.

c.a.
Why would anyone who consistently offers himself approbation for his superior intellect need to re-edit a post that theoretically should have been reflective of his original thought?
Editing to revise the premise after seeing multiple replies and realizing the folly of your original thought is at the least disingenuous.

c.a. Originally Posted by Chainsaw Anthropologist
In my not so humble opinion, members like yourself who add little to nothing except to take it upon themself to cyber stalk others and make this sort of comment need to simply put those you stalk on ignore and quit posting such bullshit in threads.

Like above, all you appear to be doing is to hijack this into a discussion about ME and not the word fetish so go start your own thread and quit hijacking this one or contribute to the subject at hand.
So dragging this back to topic, LL, you are right in the sense that a provider who advertises they work with fedishes need to be carefull about that they are willing to do.

Because basicly ANY activity can be a fetish when taken to extremes.
LL,

When most people read a thread, they read it chronologically. As in, X was posted, Y was replied, and Z was in response to the reply. I myself have posted something, seen tge error of my initial post, and corrected it with a followup. Once, probably.

If you have a change of heart, post it in a followup reply. Editing your original thread makes the subsequent replies seem like gibberish, since they are responding to a post that no longer exists.
TheBizz,

Considering the number of posts on the first page that were either hijacking the thread by trying to insult me (look at the 2nd post) or follow-up posts to the hijacks, by the time I edited the original post, there were only a couple that actually were relevant to my post and as noted, Boltfan's was one and I DID thank him for it after I edited.

A 'change of heart" is not what happened.

A change in how I needed to express my thoughts DID need to happen and without correcting the way I expressed my objections to the overuse of the word fetish (ever search the Welcome Wagon or Dallas Provider ads or even backpage for fetish?) meant that unless I revised the initial post like I did where I clearly indicated i was doing so, then later discussions would make even less sense.

Thanks Bubba for pointing out deviant as compared to a fetish.
I would consider something like golden showers, bdsm, and foot jobs as fetishes. Usually out of the ordinary sexual stuff
Is a sybian a fetish? Really want to know. Ladies???
Is a sybian a fetish? Really want to know. Ladies??? Originally Posted by Prolongus

No, a Sybian is Heaven.
No, a Sybian is Heaven. Originally Posted by Reese Foster
Ahhhh, Reese...and so are you...mmmmm.