Other hobbies....

Birds? Yes...I have at least 50. Rare finches. Here is a pic of a few of my gouldians. Originally Posted by deerwhisperer
I love finches!
Music(playing), reading medical research journals, coffee, and sarcasm.
Playing music and singing karaoke occasionally. But I am also rather fond of Punkin' Chunckin' and Midget Tossin'.
Tammie: Wild ones.
Reading, photography, movies and running.

Anybody runs regularly at Town Lake (Lady Bird) Trail during the weekend?
Mr Peabody here,

After seeing SL and Dara M.s' admission to a hobby of playing with Voodoo dolls, I have been emboldened to admit a couple of my peculiar hobbies.

One hobby of mine is collecting gemstones. My worldwide travels have allowed me to obtain exceptional stones with good cleavage.

I have also tried my hand at wine making. I have noticed that the mature vintages have a more refined character with subtly intriguing tastes. I am hoping to progress on to distilling hard liquor for more upscale enjoyment.

I would love to hear about more philanthropic or creative hobbies of the board members.

I would also like to suggest you ladies consider burlesque dance as a hobby. Not only is it good exercise, the broads that do it always look like they are having loads of fun.
Should't you admit using the WABAC for personal pleasure or financial gain?

Mr Peabody here,

After seeing SL and Dara M.s' admission to a hobby of playing with Voodoo dolls, I have been emboldened to admit a couple of my peculiar hobbies.

One hobby of mine is collecting gemstones. My worldwide travels have allowed me to obtain exceptional stones with good cleavage.

I have also tried my hand at wine making. I have noticed that the mature vintages have a more refined character with subtly intriguing tastes. I am hoping to progress on to distilling hard liquor for more upscale enjoyment.

I would love to hear about more philanthropic or creative hobbies of the board members.

I would also like to suggest you ladies consider burlesque dance as a hobby. Not only is it good exercise, the broads that do it always look like they are having loads of fun. Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
  • Toyz
  • 02-04-2015, 05:02 AM
Hmmmm....OK I'll play.

*I collect wine. The diamond in my collection is a 1988 Gurgich Hills Red from Napa. I also have a 1995 Pinot Noir
*I have worked with the American Cancer Society for over 2 decades on various fund raisers & activism to bring the cause more attention. One year I received an award for having the most participants signed up on my team for an overnight "walk against cancer"
*Snorkeling-fav trips were to Kauai & Thailand
*Cooking gourmet meals & sharing them with friends
*Riding my motorcycle through hill country
*Going for extended top down drives in my car
*Primitive hiking & camping...my fav is close by Pedernales State park, Enchanted Rock, but also the vast area around Mt Saint Helens, Wa & the Muir Trail in California
*Collecting concerts. Next ones with tickets in hand are Alice Cooper, The Who, Fleetwood Mac, Journey (sans lead) & Steve Miller Band.
*I've written articles for various online websites for over 15 years (not related to poon)
*Guest instructor in the sport of my choice...actively coached/competed/officialed for over 2 decades
*Mountain biking-well, more trail riding actually, on my bicycle.

I try to master something new each year & encourage everyone to do this. Last year it was learning how to make sushi from scratch. The year before it was optimizing my marine aquarium with some very rare species. Lots yet to do and experience!
Shooting
Hunting
Fishing
Boating
Scuba Diving
Roping
Working Out
F you R&B. Mr Peabody only time travels for research purposes. I am careful not to disturb the space- time continuum.
Hmmmmm, time travel sounds fun.
One of my other hobbies is genealogy. It would be interesting to go back to meet my ancestors.
Photography, although I broke my dslr some time ago and haven't replaced. I might get another film camera. I love the darkroom, photoshop is not as therapeutic for me.
My hobbies are swimming, trail hiking, walking/running, learning Krav Maga, cross-stitching, reading, watching shows on Netflix (on Cheers right now), and sometime in the summer learning to ride a motorcycle.
Flyling - especially down to San Antonio & Austin to visit my favorite girls and doing mile high fun.
Kayaking
Sky diving in Oahu
Driving my restored 1940 Chevy Special Deluxe and pissing off the Occupy Wal Street Hippies at Starbucks when I pull in the parking lot revving the engine.
Triathlon -- I love training (esp. running with my dog) and racing (esp. beating younger guys)

Guitar (I like to sing too, but never in front of people. I play okay, but can't sing worth a damn)

Reading -- finishing a great pre-war Nazi Germany historical fiction.

Volunteer work -- I'm retired and I've found the perfect volunteer job. It's both fun and extremely gratifying.