So a provider asks me....

Oh... nytefyter... it's not kinda like a marriage till she has to ask you to take out the trash!
Then my friend..you know your in a marriage..lol. Originally Posted by anita germane
Oh crap i'm married to three. and have been married to many more
Well, not to be a piss-pot, but i see a lot of people at work every single day and i've managed to not become friends with a whole bunch of 'em. Originally Posted by Doove
Well, then I guess you don't want to become friends with a gal you see once a month. If you don't want to then you won't let it happen. If two people genuinely like each other, it's a little hard not to become friends.
  • Doove
  • 10-21-2010, 04:17 AM
Well, then I guess you don't want to become friends with a gal you see once a month. If you don't want to then you won't let it happen. If two people genuinely like each other, it's a little hard not to become friends. Originally Posted by summerwaves
Agreed. I was only commenting on the reality of the typical hobbyist/provider relationship.
  • Laker
  • 10-21-2010, 07:32 AM
Let's see. I'm a freelance writer doing research for an upcoming book about hobbying. I would think that all my "business" expenses should be tax-deductible. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
Jack I am hereby submitting my application to you for the position of Data Collector for you book!! Will submit my expence account so you can verify it for me to use for deduction purposes!!
Jack I am hereby submitting my application to you for the position of Data Collector for you book!! Will submit my expence account so you can verify it for me to use for deduction purposes!! Originally Posted by Laker
No problem, but I can only pay you the NYS minimum wage. Just wait till the IRS sees your Schedule C.

Income = $7.25/hour
Expenses = $250/hour
  • Laker
  • 10-21-2010, 08:00 AM
No problem, but I can only pay you the NYS minimum wage. Just wait till the IRS sees your Schedule C.

Income = $7.25/hour
Expenses = $250/hour Originally Posted by jackfengshui
Ok deal, am standing tall ready to accept first assignment!

Oh, ill use one of the turbo programs is audit proof correct?
Ok deal, am standing tall ready to accept first assignment!

Oh, ill use one of the turbo programs is audit proof correct? Originally Posted by Laker

Sounds like you should work for the Government, with THAT income/expense ratio!!!

elg....
I vote it is part of therapy
Agreed. I was only commenting on the reality of the typical hobbyist/provider relationship. Originally Posted by Doove
I used to have a "stereotype" but I have come to realize it's not so cut and dry, but you are probably right that the typical relationship does not develop into any friendship along the way.
  • Laker
  • 10-22-2010, 11:15 AM
I used to have a "stereotype" but I have come to realize it's not so cut and dry, but you are probably right that the typical relationship does not develop into any friendship along the way. Originally Posted by summerwaves

Summer, As did I but, having the fortune to meet several ladies I found it only pretty much natural to become friends with them. It has in some cases to know more personal details of each and share events of life, etc. is as different from each other as about all interaction between persons. If I didn't like her or she I, there wouldn't ever be a second meeting and beyond, and thus no friendship.

ELG, wish I could work for gov. :-)

Jack, On second thought I'll forgo the salary, just put in expense voucher wouldn't need the turbo deal right?
This whole friend thing cracks me up. I'd like to think of any good, satisfying, comfortable, friendly meeting with a provider as a successful transaction. It's a business. Not a friendship. Sharing intimate details both ways makes it more intimate and seems like a friendship, but that's just part of the service. Right?

I can call my "friends" if I have a flat tire and need a ride home. I can't think of any providers I've met that I've had repeat visits with that would do that for me. I admit, I'm new, but I don't have these expectations. I guess it can happen, but I'd think those are rare occasions and are probably more trouble than beneficial.
  • Doove
  • 10-22-2010, 01:52 PM
This whole friend thing cracks me up. I'd like to think of any good, satisfying, comfortable, friendly meeting with a provider as a successful transaction. It's a business. Not a friendship. Sharing intimate details both ways makes it more intimate and seems like a friendship, but that's just part of the service. Right? Originally Posted by Maximum4
Agreed. I think there's a difference between being friendly with someone, which is quite common in the hobby, and being friends, which is not.
This whole friend thing cracks me up. I'd like to think of any good, satisfying, comfortable, friendly meeting with a provider as a successful transaction. It's a business. Not a friendship. Sharing intimate details both ways makes it more intimate and seems like a friendship, but that's just part of the service. Right?

I can call my "friends" if I have a flat tire and need a ride home. I can't think of any providers I've met that I've had repeat visits with that would do that for me. I admit, I'm new, but I don't have these expectations. I guess it can happen, but I'd think those are rare occasions and are probably more trouble than beneficial. Originally Posted by Maximum4
I don't think you should have those expectations, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that it can and does happen. It absolutely could be more trouble then beneficial if people don't set up boundaries.
absolutely certain, huh?
absolutely certain, huh? Originally Posted by jekemo48
Yup.........just like any other friendship and all friendships have boundaries...........friendshi ps come and go......unfortunately.