no more pregnant ads on backpage. backpage going to shut down adult area?

You will find them here real soon
Hey everybody im 5 months preggo
I have been assured that Backpage will not close their adult section down, they are making too much money for that to happen. BUT they WILL continue to "clean up" the ads to the point of making them very vanilla..
I've never been pregnant so I don't know what all the fuss is about. I'm just glad I never had to provide while pregnant or to support anyone but myself.
To each his/her own though.
wtf ?

I've never been pregnant so I don't know what all the fuss is about. I'm just glad I never had to provide while pregnant or to support anyone but myself.
To each his/her own though. Originally Posted by anova444
Other than BP any other sources for info on providers who are pregnant? It's nice to be able to search by city...
It's very frustrating. And the ignorant bastards over there are learning that my ads contain dirty words and wicked content. So hence, they cut out the word "swive" and other nice wording that I had used in the past without them being the wiser.

With the 500 character limit, it's almost impossible to show a potential client the type of person he is contacting. It's becoming very difficult to show individuality, which has always been my personal selling point.

For lack of a better way to put it, it sucks.

Elisabeth
To each his/her own though. Originally Posted by anova444

What the heck? Alrighty then...

And at $10.00 bucks per ad....

Too much money and not enough bang if you ask me.
Hey my good friends....

So, my take on this thread....
Are U serious? Backpage?
People.....let's get REAL!
I will reserve my opinions about prego providers...
and in addition....dudes....u gotta appreciate quality.
enuf said....

kisses to all!
Ginger
You will find them here real soon Originally Posted by piquant2009
+1

There goes the neighborhood.
Backpage is a joke. Originally Posted by MustangRider
I used to be at the front of the line with being a backpage basher. That was until I changed my business model (laugh all you want) about a year and a half ago.

My business skyrocketed. And the point of this post is the exact same type of men who contact me from this site will contact me off of backpage.

It's not the scum of the earth there that I thought there would be. I've met great people there. Period. And so for the ladies and gentlemen who wish to be snobby about those who advertise on backpage, go ahead. Be snobby about it.

I'm completely fine with being snooty since I tend towards that direction myself.

But trust me when I say that backpage was a great place to be. Sadly, though, that has quickly changed. And it's time to find another place, combined with this site, to be the main stomping grounds for advertising in Texas.

This is just my take on things. And I follow the trends pretty closely.

Declining advertising because a woman is pregnant reminds me of the old days when pregnancy had to be hidden in the workplace. Gasp. Seeing a woman pregnant means that she has been, or had been, having intercourse. What would the world come to if that was the case and people actually SAW that out in the open?

Fools.

Elisabeth
self edit
So how long before Backpage requires BBW's to submit an EPT to advertise on their site? Too bad they aren't as diligent about minors advertising there.
But trust me when I say that backpage was a great place to be. Sadly, though, that has quickly changed. And it's time to find another place, combined with this site, to be the main stomping grounds for advertising in Texas.
Elisabeth Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers

Elisabeth - you so eloquently and respectfully stated the very thing that I try very hard to not be frustrated with. I am ONE of the "bashers" and one of the "snooty" providers (in case no one has noticed...:-/ ) LOL ??
As an apology and also breaking my "resistance of change" attitude....I say that you've brought a new perspective on how I perceive this change that has come about.

Also, your mention of "changing your business plan" makes total sense!

I've expanded my "TEXAS stomping grounds" and I just need to go with that.

xxoo
GingerB
Backpage is changing its rules fast! You cant have a long ad anymore or they will remove it..you cant post long ads or they will remove it..you cant post different prices..they will remove it!! I think its about to shut down like craigslist!!!