Noob here. Not on a side really. Out of curiosity. But a bit of a question on future outcomes in voting

TNT wasn't born yesterday. No doubt she already knows SiS's opinions on ALL things amount to nothing more than a steaming pile of poo.....

Addressing her inquiry....I agree it will be interesting to see what will be of most interest (politically speaking) to the Millennials come 2020.

I do think that 1/3 number (showing up to vote) is low....numbers I've seen tend to reflect 50% of registered Millennials voted in the last election. For what its worth, polls taken since the election indicate Millennials identify more as "conservative-leaning" vs "liberal-leaning"; that kind of surprised me tbh.

Similarly, polls show the same for Generation-Z (those born early/mid 1990's into late 2000's and "the teens")...fyi their generation accounts for 25% of the U.S. population...making them a larger cohort than both the Baby Boomers and the Millennials. Gen Z will have as much if not more impact on the next election (and definitely in '24....so take note, candidates.) Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
Even the people who like some of Trumps " policy's?" they don't like his CONSTANT complaining, hatefulness and negativity

After a while it gets old and wears a person out.

Its going to be interesting going forward. Whats amazing is the two things that could "set him free"- ( release his tax return, and testify to Mueller) are the two things he wont do
how do the gen z lean? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

Interestingly enough (and again, this is a limited poll....approx. 81,000 took part in it, I believe) Gen-X leans even more conservative than the Millennials do. Not sure what that means come Big Picture...but "mock elections" conducted in class rooms across the nation prior to Election Day 2016 (students aged 14-18) voted Trump over Clinton 44% to 34%. That discrepancy surprised me....for some reason I thought it would have been the opposite.

Not sure of the grand total of students taking part in those mock-ups was (however) take heed: those same teens will be four years older and be eligible for the real thing come 2020. Stay tuned.
I saw a you tube video and it made me curious. Do you think the impact of social media with President Trump will have an impact on the next election with the millennials that did not vote in the last election.

Do you think his constant media presence will make an impact on these voters come the next election? Positive? Negative?

There was only 1/3 turn out this past election.

Predictions on the next one? Originally Posted by tntangie
Women are going to be a major difference. Trump is rapidly losing support in that demographic

https://www.thecut.com/2018/01/women...elections.html
Interestingly enough (and again, this is a limited poll....approx. 81,000 took part in it, I believe) Gen-X leans even more conservative than the Millennials do. Not sure what that means come Big Picture...but "mock elections" conducted in class rooms across the nation prior to Election Day 2016 (students aged 14-18) voted Trump over Clinton 44% to 34%. That discrepancy surprised me....for some reason I thought it would have been the opposite.

Not sure of the grand total of students taking part in those mock-ups was (however) take heed: those same teens will be four years older and be eligible for the real thing come 2020. Stay tuned. Originally Posted by Chateau Becot

Hillary was a flawed candidate. She wont be the next challenger
Hillary was a flawed candidate. She wont be the next challenger Originally Posted by themystic
Can't wait to see who emerges from the Dimms....truly.

Biden? lol...let's hope so...

Corey Booker...? lol...can you say "blood bath"?

How about Eric Holder...? Now there's a fella with "great credentials", charisma (hahaha), and of course, Odummer ties....again, let's hope he's the one. Can't wait.
In all fairness, I have not really been following all the election/ political news or coverage. The battles between each side, and so on. I don't even know exactly who standing in shit is although I have a feeling who you guys are referring to. I keep a small tab on what's going on with the world (I'm usually late to the party).

I got the number from a clip I happened to watch, it was not on an official news channel or reporting channel to also be fair.

This is just me asking a general opinion.

The statement about the school aged children with their opinions on who they would vote for is a little shocking as well to me.

However, my exposure to people in that age range has been much more on the liberal side, even though they have had a hard time with Hillary. I think now they do tend to have hope that someone will step up to be able to replace Trump though. Hence, my curiosity that, will all of Trumps social interactions have a possible negative impact on the upcoming voters and those who did not get out to vote but are seeing things that they typically wouldn't have noticed? Because like with previous presidents social media was not heavily used from what I recall. Even Obama's was heavily managed.

But even the opposite might be possible. These millennials might find that he is staying "current" using social media to stay connected to the public.
I'm not sure. Just wondering how you guys think his use of this might make the voters who did not really turn out, possibly notice him more? Do you think the manner in which he states his opinions is going to help or harm him with this particular demographic.

A few of you answered and I really appreciate it. I was not in anyway trying to make this a nasty battle thread. I'm not going to encourage any of that flaming back and forth or participate in it.
Can't wait to see who emerges from the Dimms....truly.

Biden? lol...let's hope so...

Corey Booker...? lol...can you say "blood bath"?

How about Eric Holder...? Now there's a fella with "great credentials", charisma (hahaha), and of course, Odummer ties....again, let's hope he's the one. Can't wait. Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
someone always comes out of no where. just like trump did. even people who like trump, 4 years worth of this will wear Anyone out
.... when I confronted you about it you coward and changed your tune like a typical deplorable Texan. Originally Posted by StandinStraight
.. you really do have impairment issues ... not to mention defective, if not nonexistent cognitive functions between your ears!

This is YOU!

Just like all the others on here who pretend to know all about me ... I'm here!
I saw a you tube video and it made me curious. Do you think the impact of social media with President Trump will have an impact on the next election with the millennials that did not vote in the last election.

Do you think his constant media presence will make an impact on these voters come the next election? Positive? Negative? Originally Posted by tntangie
Yes i do think it will. IMO mostly positive..
Whats amazing is the two things that could "set him free"- ( release his tax return, and testify to Mueller) are the two things he wont do Originally Posted by themystic
Actually, what's "amazing" is the same people whining about him not doing it wouldn't do it themselves! His "tax returns" are no one's business and he's better off not "testifying" to a Federal Prosecutor! "Set him free": he's in custody? That's news to me!

See Bill Clinton!
Welcome to this forum. First, pay no attention to Standing Straight or as I call him StandinShit. He is a mega troll and constantly posting things that have no relation to reality. I think he is a paid troll.
Second. The last time someone came out of the wood work...Obama and he got reelected. Hillary was beaten twice by two political novices (the official designation).
Third. As an American citizen Trump has no obligation to reveal his taxes to us or anybody else. Also he is not required by law to talk to Mueller. It is all about politics.

As for your initial question; Millennials spent eight years under Obama receiving glowing reports about how well everything went under a democratic president. A lot of them believe that to this day. However, they can think and compare. They were told that a 2% increase in the GDP was going to be normal, now they can see otherwise. They were told that a war with ISIS was going to be a generational war, they see that you prosecute the enemy and win. They have been told for the last 35 years that ALL republican politicians are stupid, crazy, retarded, racist, sexist, and homophobic, they can now see that reality does not match the rhetoric. Many of them find that they think the same way as the republican party but are told just racist they are for thinking it. They start to see the lies of the left as they don't think of themselves as racist, sexist, or homophobic. So many of them, right now, still believe what they've been told. I work with them every day. They are told to watch many news sources but are also told not to believe anything that they see on Fox News. Some of them are questioning that piece of personal instruction. Too many still repeat what they've been told without question.
According to PEW research, just under 50% of millennials voted in 2016 up slightly from 2012. According to some exit polling they favored Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump by almost two to one. In some states that was the deciding factor on who won. Will they do it again? If we're talking about 2018 then the celebrity thing of Hillary goes away. Voter turnout drops. Millenials become a moving target. Some grow out of the group and other grow into the group. The one coming in will see two years of what Trump (republican) governance can do. Good or bad. Based on job performance the young should come home to the GOP but you're asking about social media. In my opinion as a former sailor, this generation for some odd reason is one of the most prolific cursing profanity laden generations that I have heard or seen. I don't think the rough talk by Trump does anything to hurt him. What may hurt him is the unfiltered sound bite which the media and democrats will trumpet and hammer incessantly. Which does hurt Trump but then again, when the democrats go too far, and they do, the young see it for what it is.
Bottom line; according to the polls, young people went for Clinton about 57% to 37% over Trump. If that same election were held today with what they know now...50% to 40% with 10% waiting to be impressed. If things continue to improve economically and internationally, I think Trump can expect to get in the high 40s in 2020 depending on who the democrats run.

Do you think his constant media presence will make an impact on these voters come the next election? Positive? Negative?

There was only 1/3 turn out this past election.

Predictions on the next one? Originally Posted by tntangie
Millennials will be several years closer to real adulthood realizing that there are really no free handouts.

Many will gain initiative a begin to vote Republican because they don't want their hard earned dollars taken by a Progressive Governmt in order to buy votes from those that still live with mommy and daddy and don't realize that there are no "participation trophys" in the real world.
a very good reason to raise the voting age back to 21.
Millennials will be several years closer to real adulthood realizing that there are really no free handouts.

Many will gain initiative a begin to vote Republican because they don't want their hard earned dollars taken by a Progressive Governmt in order to buy votes from those that still live with mommy and daddy and don't realize that there are no "participation trophys" in the real world. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Keep wishing

Many will gain initiative a begin to vote Republican because they don't want their hard earned dollars taken by a Progressive Governmt in order to buy votes from those that still live with mommy and daddy and don't realize that there are no "participation trophys" in the real world. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Maybe this will help you on what and when a millennial is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials