Coming Aopart at the Seams

I agree. Those who committed crimes against other people should be prosecuted for the corresponding assault, attempted murder, etc. they did.

The thieves should be prosecuted for theft of government property.

The organizers, promoters and facilitators of this event should, on the other hand, be prosecuted for the serious high crimes they committed against this nation.

The Q shaman doesn’t get jail time.

Trump gets to live the rest of his miserable life in Leavenworth.

Good idea,
  • oeb11
  • 01-19-2021, 08:47 AM
I support fully the right of all to peacefully assemble adn protest
That right- for all Conservatives - disappears tomorrow under the marxist puppet biden regime.
And the hateful LSM exemplified by Don lemon.

Equality for all under teh law is a precious principle - and those who violated the Capitol committed crimes - and should be prosecuted individually for their crimes - and trespassing, v destruction of the property of teh Caitol - are separate crimes and separate punishments.
Evaluate and prosecute each individual fairly under the law. IMHO

Unfortunately - in a DPST/CCP owned DC judicial district - all will receive joint and several type punishments in teh DC Star Chambers of teh puppet biden regime.
  • Tiny
  • 01-19-2021, 05:17 PM
I don't disagree with that. All crimes are not equal. Some protesters simply walked into the Capitol. Others broke windows and ran over police officers in order to enter the Capitol. All who broke the law should be punished but not to the same extent. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Agreed.

America is in love with incarceration. I'd rather not see people unnecessarily imprisoned.
I think you noticed, but my earlier post was dripping with sarcasm. CNN and MSNBC are painting January 6 as an insurrection or a terrorist attack. In reality it was a joke. I strongly disagree with the red text above. You prosecute these people to the fullest extent of the law and you're going to have people going to jail for the rest of their lives for doing no more than wearing coon skin hat in the Senate Chamber, or propping his feet up on some Congressman's desk. Or walking around with a lectern.

This is just like drinking Jim Jones' Kool Aid. You have to be crazy to do it. But you don't put the people who drank the Kool Aid in jail. Yeah, maybe you put the people who forced others to drink the Kool Aid in jail. But you can't put every crazy dead person in jail.

Now I realize this analogy is not perfect. But don't throw long jail terms at the protesters who were merely trespassers. On the other hand, people who engaged in violence deserve to be prosecuted.
Originally Posted by Tiny

I don't think you read what I said correctly.

What those few people did I said

The "few" people were the ones that engaged in violent acts so you completely agree with me, not disagree

in the Capital building was and they should be punished to the full extent of the law and perhaps the next person that thinks a violent act is called for, will receive the ultimate punishment.

I was being very specific Tiny about who should be punished to the fullest extent of the law, the violent ones. The rest should be charged with simple trespass. That is what I meant. I'm not painting them all with the same brush but we either have laws against trespass or we don't. We don't get to make exceptions or the law has no meaning. You entered without authorization, you pay.

• Tiny
  • 01-19-2021, 10:45 PM
I don't think you read what I said correctly.

What those few people did I said

The "few" people were the ones that engaged in violent acts so you completely agree with me, not disagree

in the Capital building was and they should be punished to the full extent of the law and perhaps the next person that thinks a violent act is called for, will receive the ultimate punishment.

I was being very specific Tiny about who should be punished to the fullest extent of the law, the violent ones. The rest should be charged with simple trespass. That is what I meant. I'm not painting them all with the same brush but we either have laws against trespass or we don't. We don't get to make exceptions or the law has no meaning. You entered without authorization, you pay.

Originally Posted by HedonistForever
Makes sense Hedonist. I misunderstood. By "few", I thought you meant the people who entered the Capitol building, as opposed to those who stayed outside. If I were dictator, I wouldn't put those who merely trespassed in jail. And yes those involved in violence and destruction of property deserve harsher punishment.

We appear to all be more-or-less in agreement, SpeedRacer, Yssup, oeb, Tx-DOT, you and me. This is a real Kumbaya moment! Now if the politicians could get along the way we are right now, all would be well with America. PROVIDED THE BASTARDS DON'T RAISE MY TAXES.
federal trespass laws - 6 months to 8 years; $5,000 to $250,000 fine.
https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.co...s-capitol.html