A helpful reminder on contentious threads

I didn't know tcreative2 was back on staff?.....

Sixx
"White Knight" is a useful descriptor. It even has its own emoticon, see?

"Hooktard" is off limits for Co-Ed discussion. Site rules, and using it in anger (as opposed to the meta-discussion here) will earn you points. This has already been established, here and elsewhere. It is as disrepectful as you can get here and will not be tolerated. If you can't phrase your criticism of another member without using that term, try harder.

So you can use hooktard in general terms without anger and it will be ok?So the guidelines have changed and hooktard is mentioned in the new guidelines or is it something that has just been decided?

"Fucktard"... well, as you said, it's all about intent. Using it in anger will earn you points as well, since it's a very clear violation of the guidelines above (regardless of everything else, it's fairly disrespectful).

Suffice it to say that indeed common sense will be applied going forward. Originally Posted by Vyt
Are you trying to say that common sense has not been applied in the past? Keep in mind that you are a rookie. Space and I did a pretty damn good job before you came on board. You have it easy. Space and I did the main duties for months now you have the luxury of 2 "full time" mods along with yourself. I take offense to that statement obviously. I'm sure you will soon discover that playing armchair mod and being a mod are two different things. You should take a step back and learn from Space all you can before giving reminders on rules of the forums, etc. Are you going to post a thread on provider ads, etc as well since we all seem to need reminders?

Ztonk I feel is doing an awesome job. I am sure he is stepping back and taking in everything he can. There is alot to learn. It's not rocket science but you are doing something that when you make a decision it will be questioned, etc. You will be cheered on as long as you don't point or warn someone etc. There are many gray areas in moderation. I am still looking to see where in the forum guidelines it states that you cannot use hooktard regardless of intent in coed....

sixx
  • Vyt
  • 03-08-2011, 04:30 PM
I am still looking to see where in the forum guidelines it states that you cannot use hooktard regardless of intent in coed.... Originally Posted by sixxbach
I didn't say that, of course. I said that used maliciously towards people (as opposed to, say, in this thread) that it will attract points.

Are you trying to say that common sense has not been applied in the past? Originally Posted by sixxbach
If I had, I would have said so. Clearly the context was in how *we* make *our* decisions regarding moderation, and was in response to a post that asked if we would in fact be using common sense when making decisions. I can't comment on how well you did save that from a user's perspective you did pretty well. I'm sorry if saying that I would *also* apply common sense bothers you.

Keep in mind that you are a rookie. Space and I did a pretty damn good job before you came on board. You have it easy. Space and I did the main duties for months now you have the luxury of 2 "full time" mods along with yourself. I take offense to that statement obviously. Originally Posted by sixxbach
As I said, sorry for any offense. But do not assume I am a 'rookie' at board moderation. Surprisingly, there are other boards than ECCIE on the Internet, about other subjects, some of which make the arguments here look like tamed otters slapping each other for fish.
You trying to run mods off now, sixx?

Damn bro! At least let him get his feet wet before you whizz on em!

And Vyt, did you mention the Fish Slapping Dance? How very Monty! Good reply.
In a recent message from St.Chris to the Mod staff the words, Hooktard, Fucktard, Asshat, etc were deemed inappropriate for use in Coed forums. No, it is not written in a Guideline anywhere so save your time and energy searching, but it will be enforced. It falls under "General Disrespect". I think that I have already posted this once somewhere else so everyone should be sufficiently warned.

You are not children. You know what is "socially" acceptable and what is not so none of you needs a list to hide behind.

sixx, lighten up on the new guys! Remember what it was like when you were new and folks were taking shots at you? It was not fun, remember? Besides, I need them so I can get a little work done at the real job!

Spacemtn
Moderfucker Extraordinaire
Asshat? Never heard that one before. Awesome! But I tlhought they just ousted him in the Middle east.
"White Knight" is a useful descriptor. It even has its own emoticon, see?

"Hooktard" is off limits for Co-Ed discussion. Site rules, and using it in anger (as opposed to the meta-discussion here) will earn you points. This has already been established, here and elsewhere. It is as disrepectful as you can get here and will not be tolerated. If you can't phrase your criticism of another member without using that term, try harder.

"Fucktard"... well, as you said, it's all about intent. Using it in anger will earn you points as well, since it's a very clear violation of the guidelines above (regardless of everything else, it's fairly disrespectful).

Negative information will absolutely not be censored. We have very clear guidelines to follow. Criticism does not fall outside of those, nor does provoked hostility. We will give quite a bit of leeway in especially contentious threads, although we may roll our eyes to ourselves a lot.

Points/official warnings will not be the answer of first resort in many cases - some members can already attest they've had a friendly tap on the shoulder these past few days. However in the event of blatant abuse, we can and will act. Originally Posted by Vyt
Got it. Now, I know I'm being a bit obtuse, but since you decided to remind us of some of the rules, I thought it fair game to ask for some clarifications here. As you said, hooktard, when used to address someone will pretty much earn points, but as recent discussion about the word whore has pointed out, it is actually the most appropriately defined word when referring to a provider. If it's not used in anger, will that earn points as well? Hooker, ho, John, trick?

Of course not, though if there is criticism, I would hope it was respectful in nature - "Sorry, not for me" as opposed to "Shit, why would anyone be in the same room with you, you pig". We're not looking for a cheering section, but we're not looking to replicate the Lord of the Flies experience, either.
Those are easy. How about, “You gained some weight”, “muffin tops! Yum!”?

This actually is not true. You can post a review where no activity took place in the reviews section. You will not get PA credit for it, but that absolutely is the appropriate place for it, and is also where prospective clients are more likely to search.
As I understood it, and have seen in the past, if a session did not take place, it is not a review and will be moved. Only exception was the recent thread by Baloney Pony, and Space’s post in that thread, “you are right, by the "standards" it does not qualify as a review, however (and this is what is so cool about having Mod super powers), I decided that this was a more appropriate place for this as the alternative is Coed and that would be a train wreck, so, cause I am a Mod and every once in a while get to flaunt my Mod super powers, it is going to stay right here.” leads me to believe that was an exception made for that thread. That’s not to say that there won’t be other exceptions, but that seems to confirm my belief that if no session took place, it will be moved to CoEd, barring mod’s exception at their discretion.

I'm not sure if repeating that "we're not going to play favorites" and "we will enforce these guidelines equally" any more than I already have will help. Suffice it to say that indeed common sense will be applied going forward.
I don’t worry about favoritism, as what I have seen from mods so far has not given me cause to think that would be supported from the owners. The comment about common sense was more for the peanut gallery than you.
  • Vyt
  • 03-08-2011, 06:29 PM
If it's not used in anger, will that earn points as well? Originally Posted by Rand Al'Thor
If it's not used in anger, discretion would be used depending on the circumstances of the post. I find it hard to see how anyone would call someone a "whore" or a "john" in a joking matter without a subtext, but stranger has happened. The intent here is wholly to prevent unhelpful and corrosive personal attacks.

Those are easy. How about, “You gained some weight”, “muffin tops! Yum!”? Originally Posted by Rand Al'Thor
You're right, that's not easy and I don't have a snap answer for that. On the one hand, if someone posts their pics and says "hey, lookitme", and they've added a few pounds, it is fair (if a bit rude) to point that out, but can easily go south very, very quickly. On the other hand, if someone is posting pics that are clearly misleading, it is absolutely called for to point that out. So, it's definitely not something you can make a one-size-fits-all judgement on. Pun intended.

that seems to confirm my belief that if no session took place, it will be moved to CoEd, barring mod’s exception at their discretion. Originally Posted by Rand Al'Thor
My understanding is that reviews where everyone was present but nothing happened due to provider flakiness simply are flagged not credit-worthy, whereas repeated NCNS type events are more fodder for CoEd (and one-time NCNS would, I would hope, attempt to be resolved between the people themselves). I will defer to the other mods on this if I'm wrong, but that's the conclusion I drew from researching a particular review.

I don’t worry about favoritism, as what I have seen from mods so far has not given me cause to think that would be supported from the owners. The comment about common sense was more for the peanut gallery than you. Originally Posted by Rand Al'Thor
Thank you.
Asshat? Never heard that one before. Awesome! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

I am quilty of that one

Great thread.
You trying to run mods off now, sixx?

Damn bro! At least let him get his feet wet before you whizz on em! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Nah, not at all. Just all the love and dove stuff welcome stuff need some changing!

sixx, lighten up on the new guys! Remember what it was like when you were new and folks were taking shots at you? It was not fun, remember? Besides, I need them so I can get a little work done at the real job!

Spacemtn
Moderfucker Extraordinaire Originally Posted by Spacemtn
Yea, I know but it's a great way to toughen one up some. Besides, I did stay away from the welcome thread.....

sixx
Yeah, you right sixx.

You're doing everybody a favor by "toughening one (of the new mods, I assume) up some."

Thanks!
  • Vyt
  • 03-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Eh, if I couldn't take it, I'm in the wrong unpaid position.
Eh, if I couldn't take it, I'm in the wrong unpaid position. Originally Posted by Vyt
Er, you prefer doggie style?
  • Vyt
  • 03-09-2011, 12:13 AM
You are SO not the person to be asking me that question.